Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

New, with a question.

wouldjalookitthat

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juin 2009
(Almost) brand new to psychonaut! My boyfriend has had an account for quite some time, and I read the articles all the time, but the forums finally got too tempting. :D

Anyway, my boyfriend and I were recently smoking some bud. He took a large hit, but when he started to stand up, fell immediately. He started convulsing and seizing... It only lasted about 10-15 seconds, but, him being my boyfriend, I was scared shitless. We had also been trying some other stuff, like DMT and some mushrooms, but neither of us took a whole lot of either. Not long after, we were talking to a friend of ours. He said that he and one of his buddies had had similar experiences. I was just wondering if the pot would do that... And I've never heard of it happening to a chick... Maybe it's a guy thing? Just wondering.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
I've never heard of such a thing, not by just smoking weed. I would have shit myself too though. can't speculate much on the dmt I've never tried it.

posting is fun and can be kind of addictive.

hope it's turns out to be nothing serious.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
this is what happened. Pot causes your blood pressure to drop, when your bf stood up (too fast probably) and the blood remained at his but level (where his head was before, this is figurative speech k?,) this happens because the pressure of the blood is not high enough to cope with the body moving, so basically he fainted due to a lack of oxygen in the brain, it happens all the time, but is dangerous, i know a few who got seriously hurt. just make sure that you rise slowly, so your blood catches up on you, when you are on pot the both of you :)
Peace and Love

EDIT: PS pot hinders the triggering of the previously stated seizure, it's almost impossible to have a full blown Grand Mal attack while on pot (it's documented and i have a friend who is epileptic, treated with pot, and i can assure you he hasn't seen a seizure since he started integrating pot with his medication)
PPS welcome :)

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
My first thought was also blood pressure, Dante. Either that or some kind of allergy but that doesn't sound like that. Take care.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have more than once suffered from low blood pressure after smoking too much weed, I never got convulsions - my face usually became white like a ghost, I became nauseous, cold sweat running down my whole body. I even collapsed one time (which was to my shame in the middle of a coffeeshop in Maastricht...)
But convulsions? No way! That sounds really disturbing...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dante you are not a doctor .

Low blood preasure doesnt cause seizures or convulsions . Are you sure your drugs were clean ? Why were you mixing drugs ? If i were your friends i would check my drugs and go to a doctors and ask about epilepsy / seizure tests . Dont tell the doctor you had been abuseing drugs .

Other than that , eat good , sleep good , do lots of exercise and dont take any drugs for a few months .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
EDIT: PS pot hinders the triggering of the previously stated seizure, it's almost impossible to have a full blown Grand Mal attack while on pot (it's documented and i have a friend who is epileptic, treated with pot, and i can assure you he hasn't seen a seizure since he started integrating pot with his medication)
Interesting, it would have to be a specific quality of cannabis. But psychedelics in general (as well as certain non-drug holotropic methods) are known to trigger grand mal seizures, which is why susceptibility to such seizures is a contra-indication for unsupervised experimentation, according to Stanislav Grof in "LSD Psychotherapy".

The relationship between seizures and psychedelics is also discussed at DMT Nexus.

Actual seizures (usually accompanied by biting of the tongue) are physically dangerous. Convulsions are not, if the setting is OK (no sharp objects around, pillows everywhere etc.). In fact convulsions, twitches, tremors or prolonged muscular tensions are very common during introspective holotropic states, and denote the release of blocked energies, and as such can be very healing on a psychosomatic level.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
GOD a dit:
Dante you are not a doctor .

Low blood preasure doesnt cause seizures or convulsions . Are you sure your drugs were clean ? Why were you mixing drugs ? If i were your friends i would check my drugs and go to a doctors and ask about epilepsy / seizure tests . Dont tell the doctor you had been abuseing drugs .

Other than that , eat good , sleep good , do lots of exercise and dont take any drugs for a few months .

i'm very well aware i'm not a doctor, but low blood pressure DOES cause a lack of oxygen in the brain which DOES cause seizurelike behaviour...(ever seen the stupid kids choking themselves to pass out and trip? it's the lack of oxygen to the brain that they look for and that probably causes such stupid behaviour).
But GOD is right, check on the epilepsy front and check your drugs.
GOD thank you for resizing my ego, i got carried away.
to CM well you are kind of right, any strain that contains CBD at a good level such as indica strains and hemp have shown to be effective...HECK i didn't think about it...what if they had smoked a pure sativa with really low CBD content? that would surely make you twitch and shout.....
EDIT:but still i have to agree with CM and GOD they are both very wise ^^

wouldjalookitthat

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juin 2009
Sorry for the confusion! We weren't mixing drugs, but we had tried those other around the same time. We don't really mix drugs. He usually has REALLY horrible blood pressure, that he still hasn't talked to the doctor about. :x I was satisfied with that explanation, but the fact that it's happened to other people got me interested again.

It's been a while since that incident, and he's been fine (mostly). :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Get him to go to a doctiors but dont tell the doctor anything about drugs . Think of what has happened as a warning sign and do something about it before it gets worse . Find the reasons , eat good , sleep good , do some exercise and take less drugs ?

As it didnt only happen to him it could be colapses due to blood sugar and / or preasure levels . There is a big difference between colapse or fainting and siezures or convulsioms .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Yes, I often faint myself (though I never fall on the ground, I always sit down in time and enjoy the buzz), since I have very low blood pressure, just like my mother.

By the way, I vaporized 1 gram of Kratom extract a couple of days ago, and then poored hot water on the spent herb, and drank that too. When I got home and started brushing my teeth, I started to get dizzy and my heart started beating very strongly, and I heard a noise in both my ears, for several minutes. I then realized it might be from the kratom I had consumed an hour and a half before. I couldn't understand why just one gram of Kratom extract would have such a strong body load, and even generate some type of closed eye visuals, until I realized it was 50X extract, and so supposedly the dose had been similar to 50 grams of leaves, which is quite a lot... Needless to say, it took me quite a while to fall asleep, and I had quite a hangover...

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
GOD a dit:
Get him to go to a doctiors but dont tell the doctor anything about drugs . Think of what has happened as a warning sign and do something about it before it gets worse . Find the reasons , eat good , sleep good , do some exercise and take less drugs ?

As it didnt only happen to him it could be colapses due to blood sugar and / or preasure levels . There is a big difference between colapse or fainting and siezures or convulsioms .

+1

Get him to a doctor. Even if the seizure WAS caused by a drug he had taken, it still (in my opinion) shows a predisposition to seizures, and possibly epilepsy. Don't tell the doctor that you had been doing drugs, just ask him to check your boyfriend out for seizures and epilepsy. If he/she asks you can always make something up about a family member having it (I don't usually recommend lying to a doctor, but in this case it would likely help).

I hope my post hasn't alarmed you, it was certainly not my intention. While it was likely something much less serious, I would hate to see something happen to your boyfriend when it could have been caught earlier or prevented entirely.

wouldjalookitthat

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juin 2009
I agree about the predisposition to seizures. I've definitely made getting him to a doctor a priority. :)