Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

mushrooms against toxins and heavy metals!

shroomy999

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Mai 2008
http://www.mycorestauration.info/

A number ( i.e. Psilocybe azurescens, Psilocybe cyanescens, Grifola frondosa, Pleurotus species ... ) of mushroom species can be used to eleminate or remove toxin and heavy metal contamination from ground. Many soils are affected by exessive fertilizer and pesticide application or other toxins. This destroyes the natural ecological balance: Soil micro organisms (i.e. bacteria or mycorrhizal fungi) die off, dead ground remains!

Mushrooms use strong enymes to decompose primary structural components of wood (lignin and cellulose. The same enzymes can be used to absorb and neutralise heavy metals and toxins, and removing them permanently.

Mycelium (spawn) of a convenient mushroom species is distributed over the contaminated area. Mix the spawn with fresh baic material (i.e. wood chips) and cover the source of toxication extensive. For detailed instructions, how to settle mushrooms outdoor, in your garden, please click here!

While the mushroom mycleium grows all over the contaminated soil, toxins are absorbed or decomposed. The mushoom will accumulate this toxins in the fruiting bodies. Therfor please dispose them after harvest. This is the way how you get your garden clear of toxins and heavy metal!

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yes, I've read about this in a Mckenna article, very interesting. Some Datura specie seems to be capable of this 'cleaning' method as well. But this does mean that when you find mushies in the wild, you should inspect the soil it grows on first.

But this and the soon to be mushroom ban, are a good reason to start spreading Cyans in the wild over here in the Netherlands :twisted:

Peace.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
And where do you dump the mushrooms that contain the heavy metals?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I am sure that mushrooms cant neutralise or decompose heavymetals . How ? What are the heavy metals transmuted into ? GOLD ???? I think that they mean that the mushrooms take them up and store them in their tissue so that they are "safe" .

What happens when the poluted mushrooms are not harvested and alowed to compost ?

What are the chances of getting heavy metal poisoning from ingesting mushrooms that have collected them and concentrated them ?

When will they start to fill the media with propoganda about the dangers of eating heavy metal poluted Psilocybe mushrooms ? = brain damage , impotency , abortions , genetic damage and mutations = yer dicks gonna shrink an drop off , yer gonna get chlorakne an boils on yer face an yer arse an yer kids are gonna have webbed feet !!!!!............ AGAIN .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
adrianhaffner a dit:
it says absorb AND neutralize, unless youre directly contradicting that

Yep... As GOD said, heavy metals must desintegrate over time. Toxins can be broken down by shrooms, but heavy metals aren't poisonous molecules, they are "poisonous atoms".

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
GOD a dit:
I am sure that mushrooms cant neutralise or decompose heavymetals . How ? What are the heavy metals transmuted into ? GOLD ???? I think that they mean that the mushrooms take them up and store them in their tissue so that they are "safe" .

What happens when the poluted mushrooms are not harvested and alowed to compost ?

What are the chances of getting heavy metal poisoning from ingesting mushrooms that have collected them and concentrated them ?

When will they start to fill the media with propoganda about the dangers of eating heavy metal poluted Psilocybe mushrooms ? = brain damage , impotency , abortions , genetic damage and mutations = yer dicks gonna shrink an drop off , yer gonna get chlorakne an boils on yer face an yer arse an yer kids are gonna have webbed feet !!!!!............ AGAIN .

Well I guess two or three stories of kids having there arms fall of because they ate poluted mushrooms they picked in the wild, would be an argument to get rid of the ban on mushrooms.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
HeartCore a dit:
Well I guess two or three stories of kids having there arms fall of because they ate poluted mushrooms they picked in the wild, would be an argument to get rid of the ban on mushrooms.

Or a way into a prohibition of mushroompicking (PRETTY LIKELY!). Or a prohibition on toxins (HIGHLY UNLIKELY!).

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
"And what will you get? Shroom absorbs toxins and metals and then after flushing he disperse that again all over contaminated area! Shrooms aren't waste disposal!"

I think the idea would be that its a great way of seperating heavy metals from the soil - seed the ground with mycelium, let it grow, dig it up, seive out the soil and put it back, incinerate the micelial mass - after a few cycles of that, the soil might be suitable for growing crops - Bioremediation - they also use bacteria and weeds for such things, but since fungi grow so quickly, i would imagine it would be ideal.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Pariah a dit:
"And what will you get? Shroom absorbs toxins and metals and then after flushing he disperse that again all over contaminated area! Shrooms aren't waste disposal!"

I think the idea would be that its a great way of seperating heavy metals from the soil - seed the ground with mycelium, let it grow, dig it up, seive out the soil and put it back, incinerate the micelial mass - after a few cycles of that, the soil might be suitable for growing crops - Bioremediation - they also use bacteria and weeds for such things, but since fungi grow so quickly, i would imagine it would be ideal.

NOW I COULD TELL "THIS HAVE MEANING". BUT AGAIN THIS IS LONG LASTING PROCESS AND VERY EXPENSIVE.

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
"THIS IS LONG LASTING PROCESS AND VERY EXPENSIVE"

much less expensive than other methods, and more effective too I think - a lot of the time they just dig it up and dump it somewhere else.

and in the case of hydrocarbon contaminants, its just a case of seeding the ground, and the fungi does the rest.

here are some other methods they use:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remediation

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive got the same question as god- where do yhe heavy metals end up? they cant just disapear. unless they are sequestered in a way that makes them insoluble and unavailable to yhe biosphere. usually heavy metals get into an organisim, bind with enzymes in place of the transition metal active centers and denature them so other enzymes lyse them and themself become denatured/ poisoned. the cycle doesnt stop till the organisim excretes the metal or dies. but the poison still exists and is bioavailable. unless fungi, essencialy rock eaters or at least that is part of what they do, can isolate and bind the metals in an insoluble form.but it still hasnt gone away.im confused

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Heavy metals can end up A) incinerated - endup in the atmosphere. B)dumped in landfill (soil) C) recaptured for reuse - If you've worked in photography, you may have seen reclamation devices under the sink, which adsorbs the silver for reuse, same principle I'd imagine, prehaps with a protein denaturing / seperation stage (strong acid / electrolysis?) in the case of bioremediation.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
well, my tv is on and theyre talking about the environment. aparently the hyperaccumulation of heavy metals is only relevant while the fungi is alive. luckilly there is are always live fung in the soil so unless the soil is sterilised the heavy matals are sequestered safely

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Fungi store heavy metals, but is that a good thing? I mean, if the metals would stay in the soil it would be healthier for the entire ecosystem that has that shroom in it... no??

Storing heavy metals in living organisms in stead of the soil sounds like a weird solution...

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
better the fungi than the grass for eg. but i know what you maen it doesnt solve the ptoblem, only saves it up for later.better the heavy metals never get into yhe soil in the first place. some places are still poluted by mercury and lead from roman times

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i think that the nature of mushrooms should be explored some more, because it seems that everybody can only speculate as to what might happen hahah..

but i think that we should remember that a mushroom is not a plant at all, and is so diverse from other things it is its own kingdom.. we arent talking about plants and animals, we're talking about animals, plants AND fungi. so i think we shouldn't underestimate the fungi's powers in our approach until we really know what's going on.

but i do see the point in poisonous atoms not being neutralized as easily as molecules, but ALSO you must remember basic physics, hydrogen and oxygen are both flammable gas atoms, but when they bind... the basis for life.

i do understand that metal generally is more complex than gas but also i think that the fungi's adaptation is VERY unique and runs very deep.. some points for consideration