Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

More evidence that Cannabis prevents cancer

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Check it out. One more for the ever growing list of beneficial uses of Cannabis.

I'll quote the first two paragraphs here, the rest you can read on alternet (link below)

More Evidence That Marijuana Prevents Cancer

By Bruce Mirken, Marijuana Policy Project. Posted August 21, 2009.

New study finds that marijuana smokers have a lower risk of head and neck cancers.

Among the more interesting pieces of news that came out while I was on vacation the first half of August was a new study in the journal Cancer Prevention Research, which found that marijuana smokers have a lower risk of head and neck cancers than people who don’t smoke marijuana. Alas, this important research has been largely ignored by the news media.

While this type of study cannot conclusively prove cause and effect, the combination of this new study and existing research — which for decades has shown that cannabinoids are fairly potent anticancer drugs — raises a significant possibility that marijuana use is in fact protective against certain types of cancer.

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/142121/more_evidence_that_marijuana_prevents_cancer/

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
There will be a day, that where all smoking legally together :weedman:

FlyingDutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2008
mysticwarrior a dit:

Hell yea, I really hope so. :)

Though I fear the pharmaceutical industries will create a market for synthetic medical THC and other cannabinoids, using researches like this; while the plant itself remains illegal "because it contains other molecules which might harm" ...

I hope I'm being to pessimistic.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
FlyingDutchman a dit:
mysticwarrior a dit:

Hell yea, I really hope so. :)

Though I fear the pharmaceutical industries will create a market for synthetic medical THC and other cannabinoids, using researches like this; while the plant itself remains illegal "because it contains other molecules which might harm" ...

I hope I'm being to pessimistic.
I think its otherwise absurd to ban plants, its just wrong.