Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mildew

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
My plant has powdery mildew and I don't want to use fungicides because it'll be ready to harvest in a week or maybe 2.
I have some questions:

Are there any alternatives for fungicides?

My plant is outside, will the mildew die because of lower temperatures this time of year?

If it won't die, will I be able to harvest before much damage is done?

Does mildew live on during the drying process?

What damage can be done? Is bud with mildew on it smokeable?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
No .

No .

Your only chance is to harvest now and sort the moldy buds out and throw them away .

Yes . But when its dry it doesnt live / grow / produce spores .

It makes your grass unsmokable . You will taste it if you try to smoke it and it will taste BAD .

You should not consume anything with mold on it . Getting spores in your lung is a bad idea . Your lung is wet and warm = exactly the conditions that mold needs to grow . Things like blue mold can grow in your body .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
OK. Thanks for the answers.

:cry: stupid mildew

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I'm not going to harvest yet, the buds arent good enough yet. I also sprayed milk on my plant. I'm sceptic of this method but maybe it works. I'm going to make hasj or hasj oil from the infected buds. Any simple methods for making hasj?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
What do you think?

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
your buds look good??
maybe if you cut away all the leaves? won't the buds grow larger then too?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I'm only here at weekends. I cut 10 leaves off a day. I've read somwhere the maximum is 4 a day. The picture is before I cut today.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you cut your dick off 2 will grow and they will be twice as big . I know that because i read it on a site for total dickheads . Look at your plants , look at mine in the garden thread . Why are mine so big ? Why are the buds so big ? Why did i often get 500 gramms dry buds from 1 plant ?

Why should crippleing a plant do it good ? It needs leaves to collect energy to grow loads of big buds .

Please tell us what your buds taste like............

Lighter gas , alcohol , petro-ether .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I think I'm going to harvest mine within a week, or at least harvest a bunch of branches. The weather forecast says it will be sunny tomorrow, but gradually become more rainy again next week. To avoid them getting infected with mold, I'd rather harvest slightly immature buds than losing them all. It's for personal consumption anyway. I'm currently vaporizing male flowers, which are weaker, but get the eyes red eventually. I've also harvested some of the female buds, vaporizing them fresh, with very pleasant effects.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Meduzz , you are an intelligent person . Please listen to what i say and think about it .

First . You arent fertilising properly . I cant say what it hasnt got enough of but it needs something . Look at the colour of the leaves . Dont buy your fertiliser from head or grow shops . You need to look at a good book by an experienced grower and see that there are two sorts of fertiliser . One for growth and one for flowering . If you go to a garden center you will get what you need cheeply . There are also ofteen 3 sorts of herb extracts that you can get there . One against mildew . One to increase dlowering and one to make your buds bigger . Buy those . The stuff the greedy capitalist ripp off hippys sell in their grow shops is exactly that . You dont need any of the very expensive shit they sell .

Second . Think abot why you have so many leaves on your plant ? About why you have piss poor buds and the heads are full of little leaves ? Think about where you got your grow knowledge from . Did you get it by experience ? NO . You read it somewhere . Ask your self why i got so many buds ? Why they were so big ? Why i didnt have as many leaves as you ?

What you are doing is pulling leaves off that the plant needs to grow buds . Thats why it keeps growing more leaves and why your buds are so full of little leaves . Its trying to get more energy to grow flowers . You are training it to grow leaves .

Look at my plants and think about it .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Thanks for the advice GOD. The fact is I haven't used much info from the internet. My mom is looking after my plant while I'm only home at weekends.
Actually, this is my first good attempt at growing weed. First time I grew secretly in my father's house and when I changed school I couldn't take care for them anymore, so they died.

Next year I would grow outdoors here at my mother's and indoors in my home at Ghent. Better luck next time :wink:

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
every leaf produces a bud
what are you feeding it? imo its short of nitrogen and magnesium and it may have too much potash, though its hard to tell from the photos

you can srescue it: run at least 4x the volume of the pot of water through the compost to flush everything out. then feed it with a good flowering feed, micro nutrient feed and boost - all according to the instructions on the product. too much potash makes any nitrate in the soil unavainable

have you checked for mites? when the plant is weakened you are more likely to get mould, mildew and mites

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
No mites. Isn't flowering fertilizer supposed to be high K? If the plant's low on N I should use growth fertilizer?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the buds dont look too bad really. ignore my last post -id just woken up and couldnt see very well, lol

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Believe it or not, the milk worked. I think I still have some mildew on the buds but on the leaves it's all gone. :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Good for you , but wait to see what the buds taste like .

The things the greedy rich hippys sell in there super expensive grow shop to stop plant sicknesses are often made from milk acid , green soap and / or bicarbonate of soda and other household remedys .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Yes but I poured water over the plant today. Bye bye milk. If the buds taste bad I'll do a butane extraction so it's not the end of the world. :)