Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MAOI's

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
So basically, in the summer, I'm going to do ayahuasca and either the day before or after I want to do mescaline cacti. But I've read on ******* that MAOI's and mescaline cacti can be fatal, while on Erowid it says that Syrian Rue can be used with cacti.

I dont know if it would be safe to use an MAOI and mescaline that close together, so if anyone can help that would be cool.

Cheers

aryaman

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
As I know, in Peru they often mix caapi and san pedro, and they have no problem.

I don't think can make any health complication, maybe a bit of body load, but you should be safe.

Wait for other comments, I'm not that expert =)

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
cockknocker a dit:
So taking Syrian Rue with mushies and cacti would be alright then?

yes,

unless you are allergic, hypersensitive or whatever

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
cockknocker a dit:
But I've read on ******* that MAOI's and mescaline cacti can be fatal, while on Erowid it says that Syrian Rue can be used with cacti.
Erowid also states:
MAOIs can and will dramatically increase the effects of some of these drugs to the point of becoming dangerous. Other plants and chemicals are intentionally combined with some reversible MAOIs (plants such as Syrian Rue or Banisteriopsis Caapi, or their primary active chemicals the harmala alkaloids) to intentionally increase the effects of chemicals such as DMT (as is done in many forms of the ayahuasca brew) or sometimes phenethylamines such as Mescaline or 2-CB. All of these "potentiating" combinations can be dangerous if used improperly.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info3.shtml

Where does ******* state that the combination of MAOI's and mescaline can be fatal? I couldn't find the statement in their MAOI encyclopedia entry or on their MAOI page.

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
Getafix a dit:
Where does ******* state that the combination of MAOI's and mescaline can be fatal? I couldn't find the statement in their MAOI encyclopedia entry or on their MAOI page.

http://www.*******.net/pages/maoi_page/

its in the table in the very dangerous part, its under MDMA and above alcohol.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
In Amsterdam there are ceremonies where Ayahuasca (containing MAO's) is given on Friday, and peyote juice on Saturday.

As far as I know directly from a guy who did 1 foot San Pedro + MAO's under the wings of an experienced Shaman, Cacti can be combined with MAO's but not in unlimited quantities.

The bodyload of 2CB in larger quantities is known for unpleasant physical signs, blood circulation IS affected. I would strongly discourage anyone doing 2CB with MAO's, or doing 2CB alone if you have a bad heart or other cardiovascular diseases.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
All i know is syrian rue doesn't always act well with women and banistropis caapi is a much smoother concoct5ion <pretty solid hearsay

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
grifter7 a dit:
All i know is syrian rue doesn't always act well with women and banistropis caapi is a much smoother concoct5ion <pretty solid hearsay

stick with caapi, its stronger and to the point. Syrian rue has more alkaloids me thinkgs.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I wouldn't do cacti and maoi's without h a good guide like a shaman or someone who knows how much cacti and maoi to consume, cacti contain tyramine and that can be fatal or at least very unpleasant in large doses, anyone eaten very ripe banana's while on maoi? remember the terrible head ache and body load?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
skoeip a dit:
I wouldn't do cacti and maoi's without h a good guide like a shaman or someone who knows how much cacti and maoi to consume, cacti contain tyramine and that can be fatal or at least very unpleasant in large doses, anyone eaten very ripe banana's while on maoi? remember the terrible head ache and body load?

you can die from berries and bananans on maoi. Extreme caution when eating anything.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
basepicture2a.jpg

Safe carbohydrate source.

skoeip a dit:
I wouldn't do cacti and maoi's without h a good guide like a shaman or someone who knows how much cacti and maoi to consume

Indeed.