Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Man receives $63,000 for falling into K-hole

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I almost posted this as a news article, but then noticed it's more than two years old. Still kinda funny, so decided to post it here.

Damages set at $63,000 in drug mishap

The Vancouver Sun - April 12, 2007

A Campbell River man has received $63,000 in damages for an "out-of-body experience" in which he said he saw God after being accidentally overdosed with the painkiller Ketamine while recovering from back surgery in Vancouver General Hospital.

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Frank Cole made the award to former social worker Bradley Weafer, 38, but rejected Weafer's claim that he had suffered significant brain damage as a result of the overdose, which occurred Aug. 11, 2001.

Cole found that Weafer suffered psychological trauma from the overdose, in which he received the entire contents of a 500-milligram bag of Ketamine -- being administered intravenously -- over a five-minute period. He was supposed to have received three millilitres an hour for 24 hours.

The overdose caused him to lose consciousness and he needed to be resuscitated. He later told his parents he'd had a terrifying out-of-body experience, which medical evidence indicated was one of the side-effects of a Ketamine overdose.

He initially claimed to have suffered a heart attack as a result of the overdose, but this claim wasn't pursued at trial.

Cole found that Weafer had experienced poor health before the Ketamine incident.

The judge rejected claims that chest pains Weafer says he suffered were from CPR being performed on him and that the pain "insofar as it exists" was not caused by the incident.

Witnesses said Weafer was talking like a child when they visited him in hospital and he said he has experienced speech problems since the overdose. However, Cole dismissed that claim and said if Weafer has any speech problems, "they do not appear to impair his life."

Weafer told the court that before the overdose, he remembered being hooked up to medication and falling asleep.

"He said his life changed," Cole wrote in his reasons for judgment.

"He said: 'I was sucked down into black tunnels where I've never been before. People pulling me around by my feet, all black, was hot, scary, saw life flash in front of me. I saw my mother, felt being born and placed in my mother's arms, life review of all the good and bad... then I shot up through the sky surrounded like a shower of white light, went straight through the clouds and saw this figure to the right and he had a white cap on, look at his face and he wouldn't let me see his face. It was a bright white light. He was an office-tower high, larger than any building I'd ever seen.'"

Weafer then described seeing a gathering of people waiting for him on the other side of a trellis -- further journeys down into blackness and back into light --until he woke up and found doctors asking him questions.

He told them, "I just saw God and was fighting for my life."

In dismissing Weafer's claims of brain damage, Cole nevertheless said the man "suffered a great degree of stress and anxiety due to the Ketamine incident. The near-death experience was terrifying."

He awarded Weafer $55,000 in damages, $5,000 for the expenses of his parents looking after him and $3,000 in special damages.

More at: Canada.com

As seen on: DoseNation.com

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
goddamn thats one lucky sob, tho definitely depends how bad his brain was fried though cause i know after ive been doing that high a dose insufflating k for a while i get real dumb, cant imagine the dumb things/forgetfulness id be experiencing after .5g iv w/o tolerance (i assume)
sometimes you dont buy the ticket but still get the ride,
wish he had some fun rather than a hellish time.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
A psychonaut who wins the lottery with travelling. Where do I sign up? :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
hehe, jackpot!

I had some strange experiences in the hospital as well, I didn't meet god though ;)

once I was lying in my sickbed when I was suddenly feeling electroshocks all over my body. then I was sitting in a rollercoaster which was being pulled uphill. on top there was a billboard with a logitech advertising with businessmen playing around with their supercool logitech mice. after that I "woke up" again, thinking about what the fuck this just had been. clearly the swiss hospitals advertise in your brain. I couldn't stand it, goddamnit I just had a fucking surgery and they play advertising in my brain?! I asked the nurse how they have the nerve to advertise in recently operated people, this is outrageous.
she didn't understand and just walked away again :lol:

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
What you said Kitty, anything over 150 miligrams IV is beyond any state of a recall. 500 miligrams = just nuts and without a huge tolerance no one will ever get such an experience which he also, described very detailed and that's quite rare for someone who falls ignorant into a K-hole.

At the end of my last K-hole in 2006, I was being pulled by arms and legs (lots of youngsters in all forms who wanted 'me' to show their place in the K world) and that's how I left my coffin which was placed under my garden while I could see my parents as a childless couple. The kids had wrapped their limbs around me and they urged me not to 'go'. But gravity came back (effect began to wear off), feeling my feet, feeling my body as an empty shell, opened my eyes and tears appeared in agreed peace but I felt like I should work on my life inside there as well. It's just an entire community and society really, somewhat based on what we have here in reality. I also had been a refuse bag at the side of the road, a paper sheet at my working office while all my colleague were present at work. A notorious relief and exciting feeling of being invincible.

It still occupates my mind everytime I hear about K, despite the fact I only did it a few months in 2006. Maybe I'm going to shoot for a continuation of the story this year, the queen who had given me a warm welcome when the K world was still empty was domestic enough to touch my heart right through my chest to assure me unconditional space and support. She was pink and black.

It's such a nice ego trip but with no contraction at all. The experience is what it is. Just dreaming, not too lucid, not too dark. Mystic and serene.