Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Liquid mycelium culture

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I'd like to experiment with liquid cultures, as it seems to me there are less sterility issues and a faster colonisation speed. It also seems like a good way to store mycelium.

What is a good medium composition? Are there selective media?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
A dificult theme . From what i`ve read its not easy , the sterility problems are the same and the cultures need to be airated . Either your culture will grow and use up all the nutrients in the liquid or you will have to keep adding nutrients / changeing the liquid .

Try , and tell us what happens .

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
A friend told me that a jar with some honey (don't know how much, maybe 7%), some h202 (just a little, 4% or so) and bottle mineral water just open (to avoid contaminations). Be sure you've a filter in the jar.

To sterilize it, pc for 20 minutes, don't need more.

I hope is this what you were looking for :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
h202 ???????

Has anyone got any references to that or is it wednsday again ?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
classes.plantpath.wsu.edu/plp521/Word%20documents/421media.doc

Cornmeal Agar is a good medium for the culture of dematiaceous fungi and fungi isolated from soil, soil substrates and wood. Malt Extract Agar (MEA) is also frequently used for culturing fungi from soil and wood.
Potato Dextrose Yeast Extract Agar (PDYA) also is a recommended medium for growing cultures of Agaricus, Pleurotus, Lentinus, Stropharia, Flammulina, and some of the Psilocybe species.
Antibiotic Agar (AA)--use for isolating fungi from substrates not readily surface-sterilized, or to clean up a culture contaminated with bacteria.
Acidified Cornmeal Agar (ACMA)--use for isolating fungi from substrates that are likely to be contaminated with bacteria. Not a substitute for AA, but the acidity inhibits bacteria and the medium supports the growth of a wide range of fungi.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
H2O2 should help but lots of bacteria can break it down with the enzyme catalase to water and oxygen.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
GOD a dit:
h202 ???????

Has anyone got any references to that or is it wednsday again ?

peroxide of hydrogen is quite common in the shrooms cultivation... you can use it in the water you put in the terrarium, or well, quite everywhere :D

can see on shroomery.org, it helps to make things more clean and sterile

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Napalm is also good .