Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Harman

lenie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2009
theres a plant named Elaeagnus angustifolia growing in my garden, as i have found on the list of psychedelics (on wikipedia) it seems it contains harman, but i never could find any information about it or its effects, can somebody please explain it a little more?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It is one of many Harmala Alkaloids, which is used in ayahuasca. It works as a Mono Amine Oxidase inhibitor, which makes it possible for the DMT to reach your brain.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
lenie a dit:
theres a plant named Elaeagnus angustifolia growing in my garden, as i have found on the list of psychedelics (on wikipedia) it seems it contains harman, but i never could find any information about it or its effects, can somebody please explain it a little more?

Just to add to what forkbender said, I don't believe it's psychoactive itself, but it does potentiate a lot of psychedelics (namely DMT, but there are a fair number of others as well).

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
MAOI's if taken in high doses (not recommended) can be psychadelic. They have "odd" effects, and will most likely make you feel like you're getting high off Anti-depressants...

You could however, mix it with mushrooms or DMT, others aren't very well-documented.

lenie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2009
ah i see, thanks for the information. :)
i always love to see how many info there is to find at this forum.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
I confirm its got lots of psychoactive properties, it will make you feel speedy, happy and high. It can actually serve many medical purposes on its own ; but it's the most tricky herb to use.

We must never forget that the body is a complex chemistry which involves epigenetics, so what is good for someone isn't necessarly good for another, especially with harmala alkaloids !

Before doing DMT it's best to learn to know harmala and how much your body can take on special purification days ; on purification days you must never have sex (glutamate surexitation and unpreventive available serotonin would completely unbalance the body) you must never eat anything *heavy* like meat or old cheeze, fried stuff etc... and you must absolutely drink water in little sips all day long, sips that you mix with your saliva. This will give your saliva the "flow" necessary to embark on higher journeys, the more spin your water can take, the deeper the symbols that are available to complexify and give meaning to a psychedelic experience, as observer by Stan Grof in a more abject manner. Amanita in small doses can help to this respect because of its mineral properties...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
and you must absolutely drink water in little sips all day long, sips that you mix with your saliva. This will give your saliva the "flow" necessary to embark on higher journeys, the more spin your water can take, the deeper the symbols that are available to complexify and give meaning to a psychedelic experience, as observed by Stan Grof in a more abject manner.
This is a very interesting point of view. The saliva thing is one reason why I don't like to smoke cannabis prior to trips, and have considered taking a low dose of Amanita instead. But what exactly did Stan Grof observe, and in what way was it abject?

He says a person gets access to deeper symbols and levels of the psychedelic experience when he has dealt with the various psychotraumas he has endured in his life (or previous lifetime), especially the trauma of birth. Once that is accomplished, most people naturally start having more transcendent or spiritual experiences. Perhaps you meant that removing the emotional charge produced by the trauma allows your water to take more spin? Stan Grof never expressed it that way, but he did say the emotional charge of these traumas is 'stored' in the body (and of course manifest as psychosomatic disorders etc.), and since the body mainly consist of water...

Grof says that holotropic or psychedelic states are characterized by an inner 'radar': things pop into awareness which have a certain emotional charge and are immediately available for conscious processing. This is a natural process that doesn't require the assistance of a psychoanalyst, just a little encouragement to keep the eyes closed and remain in a reclining position. The inner radar, when activated by a sufficiently high dose or a sufficiently effective non-drug technique, and in all cases a suitable set and setting, will generally first bring up memories from one's recent past, childhood and birth, before bringing up imagery or sensations from the more transcendent levels: the archetypal domain, cosmic unity etc.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
By the way, I'm not sure if Elaeagnus angustifolia contains a sufficient amount of harman to facilitate oral ingestion of DMT. Like Passionflower it may contain MAO-inhibitors but in a low concentration.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^it is on lists of ayahuasca analogues, but there is hardly a mention of dose...

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Ah yes I meant the epigenetics, the emotions in water-dna-hydrogen thingy indeed.

Abject because he realised it after observing many subjects, but I am what I speak of. From my point of view its an ongoing dynamism and balance between conscious tought spirals and rythm pulsation shamanism.

Amanita has often been mixed with harmala and psylocibyn and opiates and many others to create some kind of peek into higher consciousness and higher creativity states. The key always being balance, no large hallucinogenic dose necessary for any kind of alchemical transformation.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You'd probably have to make an extract first because of the low concentration.