Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ever think about it?

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Eat broccoli. It can be eaten in large amounts, and its good for many things including preventing cancer :)

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
i like broccoli :D

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Yeah they're great. I actually fiist tasted the thing recently, I thought it was like cauliflower, but cauliflower isn;t so bad itself! They say the taste evolves as you age.. who knows...

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Wiki says that cancer has been described in 1600 BC. Hippocratus was the first to use a word "carcinoma".
Thus, environmental issues of the modern world obviously aren't the main cause..

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
lol ook we kinda got off subject. :roll: :!:

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
afer a dit:
Wiki says that cancer has been described in 1600 BC. Hippocratus was the first to use a word "carcinoma".
Thus, environmental issues of the modern world obviously aren't the main cause..

yes i know it isnt the main cause but with all the medicines now days they dont help. and all the man made chemicals arent helping either. they just help contribute to it. and the medicines weaken our imune systems so yea. :?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Yeah, medicine cuts both ways. Once you invented the drug to fight a disease, be prepared to invent another to fight its side effects...

joscovich

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Jan 2005
Before talking about cancer you should first pay attention your biology class, instead trying to make the world beter by just smoking pot or doing psychoactives. It's not the drugs that makes the changes it's you.Sometimes drugs can be use full for giving you a little push in the right direction, but that's all..

Everything the causes damage to your cells can eventually give you cancer. Cancer is a illness were you own bodycells growing out of controle. This is caused by DNA changes in the cells. These changes can appear by dammeging the cell or changing the DNA structure in some other way. There is a lot around what can damage a cell, even POT. The damage POT and sigarets can do are quit the same. Every sane men around knows that's on unhealty to walk around in a smoky building. If you inhall any smoke from what so ever it would damage your lung cells. Now differend there with smoking POT.

Have a great weekend!

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Cannabis has anti cancer properties, so the cancer causing ability of cigarettes and cannabis is not the same.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
BTW, alcohol is believed to be a very strong cancerogen.At least that's what they teach us in school..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I saw in a documentary once that scientists had discovered bone-cancer in egyptian mummies. Cancer is, as far as I understand it, when cells "freak out" and grow wild - I think it was always there, maybe it's even a side effect of evolution (you need mutation to change a species, and not every mutation can turn out right...)

However, someone mentioned cell phone radiation - I recently talked with a group of people who are activists against the pollution from pulsed microwave radiation (i.e. cell phone radiation). Two of them were doctors who said they had collected alarming data about this kind of radiation. For example they had scientific data from the 1950's where a biologist had proven he was able to change dna and keep dna from correctly replicating with the use of pulsed radiation. At the time the research took place there were no cell phones, so it's impossible the researcher was somehow biased.
It really made me think...
There was a lecture about this topic the same day where a man in his mid-thirties gave a speech who says he has microwave syndrome. He lives in a trailer so he can move to places with low radiation, and when he enters an urban area he has to wear a protective suit because his body starts to hurt when he doesn't.
You could say "freak" - but actually I'm ten times more of a freak than he was. He wasn't a hippy, not even remotely, he had been an avid user of cell phones before and had to quit his job because of his illness. He really didn't seem like the guy who would just make this up to draw attention.

Don't know what to think about it, but the said doctors were convinced there has never been enough research on the long term effects of pulsed radiation on the human body...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
tryptonaut a dit:
I saw in a documentary once that scientists had discovered bone-cancer in egyptian mummies. Cancer is, as far as I understand it, when cells "freak out" and grow wild - I think it was always there, maybe it's even a side effect of evolution (you need mutation to change a species, and not every mutation can turn out right...)

Yes, it's a flaw in the system of genetics so it's very hard for evolution to filter this disease out...

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It's all about your genes mostly. Having a strong family from both sides with no cancer reports at all. Strongly reduces the chance of developing it yourself.

Being a total health freak and anti-capitalist causes unnecessary tense in your body & mind (been there for about a year) which is also a serious attack on your own well-ness and inner-rest

Just make sure you ain't doing too much sins in life, smoking, alcohol, meat (esp. no pig meat) saturated fats, having stress. But boycotting it all is just as damaging as doing it all, moderation is the key.

And don't forget that, as rough as it may sound, that cancer, HIV, obesity, and many diseases do fight against over-population as well. Death isn't as bad as suffering. Some diseases are the fear for many people, and this helps them to be aware of several life-aspects as well.

There's always the infinite human difference between good and bad. But good has bad sides, and bad has good sides. It's the trick to extract only the good sides out of both.

If you are really craving for making a chance the ony effective way is to become part of politics and debate your thoughts.

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
yes everything in moderation is the key. and yes many diseases help overpopulation. but when u said that i thought about something. i dont know if its true or not just my thoughts but when the U.S. started to get more population they started putting worse chemicals in ciggarettes. maybe ciggarrettes are the US way of helping us to not get too overpopulated?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
No, that is to get as many brains as possible and stick them for the nicotine (and not just nicotine!) to make $$$.

The tobacco industry knows exactly what they do, they have the most intelligent scientists behind them to develop their products in a way that sticks with specific addiction places in the brain. They know that for instance 20% of the people are naturtally born with an inevitable addiction when making contact with the first inhale ever.

My point was, just don't be one of their pawns to feed their fat belly's and hookers and don't worry about their existance. For your own being. As long as capitalism does not destroy us psychonauts, it's fine with me.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The tabaco industry in America got found guilty of puting more nicotine in cigaretts to make them more adictive , and scientists say that some of the ingredients that they put in them can only have the effect of making them more adictive , especialy for children = sugar and menthol for example .

The tests i mentioned that were done in Germany when the mobile fon masts were turned off showed that the people who had complained about ill effects didnt know when the masts were turned on or off .

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
As long as capitalism does not destroy us psychonauts, it's fine with me.

This is all capitalism does, destroy the liberate ability to explore.
If one believes that those who impel this system are somehow exempt from its restraints, then one is entrapped by their own delusion.
It’s this excused attitude that drives complacency, and is the method by which those who live off the suffering of others continue to exploit their brothers unabated.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Yeah, that's an ugly statement.

For one, it shows sympathy for capitalism, and even though I am not an activist or something, but my autonomist background and opinions always bred for any any form of opression. Second, it overestimates the concept of a psychonaut and the 'community'. True, there are wonderful people among those who explore 'these' realms. And many other not so worhty, as well....

I mean I consider myself a 'psychonaut', if I have to give it a name, but not that I really care for the rest of the self-called psychonauts more than I care for other kinds of people. Psychonautism cannot be an ultimate value, especially for the psychonaut ;)

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Quote:

Who said that, please?

Nevermind, I found it......

It is doing its best to do just that, and though it may seem we are not at risk, I'd ask you to reconsider.

Capitalism, as practiced , is slowly destroying the vitality of the human race. Devolving us, and accelerating our decline.

I find it more stressful to remain silent about this than to speak out.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I never do an attempt to jump behind the back of black or white. Because doing compromisses and strive for moderation is the only path to achieve the most balanced one-ness and divided wellness for all parties. I refuse to agree with boycots, whatever it may be. Because it always dissolutes freedom for someone.

Capitalism includes finding great inventions and developments as well, think about internet, information servers such as erowid. And most importantly...

The ability to documentate human history and spread our history to prevent the repeat of it. As well as spreading civillisated knowledge and information on a large scale

If we stil lived in the jungle or small villages, our primitive instinct would be still our main source to act on. Slaughtering and rape would still exist on a large scale as it always did.

Don't forget that healthy luxury supresses the primitive ego behaviour as well. Capitalism up to a certain degree (healthy capitalism) can be a plateau to have a stable base to invest in third world communities to bring them up to this certain point as well. Which wouldn't be possible if specific groups of people don't step on that plataeu first. Because first safety and primairly needs (sleep, food, drinks, sex) need to be assured in a decent environment before humans are willing and have the potency to grab the arm of screaming others.

But totally rejecting healthy capitalism is a bit xenophobe no? It's not that healthy capitalism is demolishing life-values or consist of replacing green for buildings.

However, the tabacco lobby is unhealthy capitalism. But banning it would lead to a cigarette maffia and produce at least the same amount of blood.

The best option as for now, since tabacco is just there, is to spread as much as information as we can about them and their intention. Transparancy is the only way to reduce this appearance as much as possible. It lies in the middle of both outer sides, that's what I meant with refusing to choose for one ultimate side. Black or white.

I'm just strongly related to one side, but not in an ultimate way, closing the door entirely prevents you from being in able to take knowledge everywhere.

Even with the worst enemy there should be a gap, only if it was to spy how he operates and form strategies.