Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Esoteric section

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Please post interesting esoteric info / facts here .

I shall start off --------->

Goat Arrested for Armed Robbery in Nigeria

The thief allegedly turned into a goat

At first glance, goats don't appear to be the violent type

A number of vigilantes came at the police station carrying the goat and saying that the thief, who allegedly tried to steal a Mazda 323 car, used some form of ritual to turn himself into a goat, so as to avoid detection by the police. Authorities announced that the animal is currently in custody, but that they need scientific proof that the beast is actually a hoodlum, who used black magic.

"The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them. However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat," Tunde Mohammed, who is a spokesman for the Kwara state police, told Reuters in a telephone interview. "We cannot confirm the story, but the goat is in our custody. We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat."

The vigilantes who tracked down the goat say that they were on their regular patrol in the city when they saw two individuals trying to rob a car. They started following them, but one got away and the other was reported to have turned into the animal that they helpfully brought to the police. Naturally, the officers didn't know how to react, but, when confronted with an angry mob demanding the arrest of a goat, there's not much to do other than actually arrest the animal and hope for the best.

In the meantime, while people are assessing if the animal is guilty or not, many have come from across Africa's most populous country to see it, and brought their cameras along for the ride. There are numerous believers in magic in Nigeria, and some are thoroughly convinced that the animal is in fact a human who possesses supernatural powers.

One newspaper even features the black-and-white goat on its national front cover, alongside some straws. The case has sparked massive interest in the country, and people are really into the case, so to speak. They see this as a confrontation between science and tradition, and many are camped outside the jail where the goat is being kept, expecting news of the situation every moment.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i saw a man being chased by 2 pigs (the porcine kind) turn into a deer. the pigs stayed pigs.

i should explain i was psychotic at the time after a very large amphetamine overdose but it looked real at the time.

if i said how much speed i ate rather than be busted i would be called a liar. luckilly for me i had a very high tollerance at the time. that was 1995.

what surprised me at the time was it didnt surprise me at all

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The Secret of the Astronaut Carved in 12th Century Church Walls

Conspiracy theorists are having a field day

The astronaut sculpted on a 12th century church in Salamanca, Spain

The cathedral in the Spanish city of Salamanca was constructed in 1102, and is therefore one of the oldest such constructions in the world. It features magnificent stone carvings on all its walls, but one of them is a bit more special than the others, so to speak. It bears the depiction of what appears to be a fully dressed astronaut in a space suit, complete with details such as the sole of his shoes. Nobody knows how he got there, or what a 20th century astronaut is doing on the walls of a 12th century religious building.

Needless to say, the find has left all in a deep state of shock. There are, of course, numerous such mysteries in the world, ancient finds that have somehow caught us off guard, such as the old batteries found in Egypt, dated as being older than Christianity. But finding an astronaut carved between religious ornaments is no easy task to explain to conspiracy theorists, who, needless to point out, think governments have something to do with covering up the existence of aliens.

The astronaut sculpted on a 12th century church in Salamanca, Spain
Enlarge picture
Some have argued in various writings that a good part of the technology and knowledge people have gained over time comes from extraterrestrial beings. And this would make a certain amount of sense, considering the advanced knowledge Egyptians displayed while building the pyramids.

The Inca benefited from revolutionary information, as well, when they built Machu Picchu, and the Mayan solar calendar is a true wonder of the world. Stonehenge in England is a nearly perfect solar observatory, and this makes people wonder how savages managed to raise such wonderful structures.

And some monuments depict people riding chariots in the sky. These are the gods, some of which have space helmets on their head. However, these questions will remain unanswered for a long time, and no solution is yet at hand from Spain.

The astronaut there was part of a renovation process finished in 1992, when builders were asked to include modern symbols alongside ancient ones.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
*ROLF, hahahahhahah*

yes well, the condition of the stone is remarkable for its age

salamanca8.jpg

braha_kahn

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Sept 2008
Amsterdam Hermetica

The Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) is the world's first academic institution to have created a complete program for research and teaching in the field of Western esotericism.
Its Center for History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents (Geschiedenis van de Hermetische Filosofie en verwante stromingen;gHF) is committed to the highest standards of critical academic scholarship, independent of any worldview.

http://www.amsterdamhermetica.nl/

Interesting site, has some nice links too. Good starting point if you want to learn more about Hermetics and Esoterica. Imho of course

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Sounds like a good aproach to the subject to me

braha_kahn

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Sept 2008
GOD a dit:
Sounds like a good aproach to the subject to me

Yeah... lot's of bullshit to be found on the web... I rather take the academic approach to a subject like this :) Although from time to time I like to read the not so trust worthy sside of these matters.

I know there's an University in the UK with a similar section but can't find the site back :(

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Quarrels over the Origin of Life

Explaining life from inanimate matter

Over the years, many theories have tried to explain the origins of life

Over the years, and especially starting with the late 18th century and early 19th century, theories of how life came to be moved outside the church's sphere of influence, and into the realm of science. Although this should have brought forth a new age in knowledge, based on facts and not on fantasy, that was hardly what happened in reality. Some scientists began to look for the origins of life, trying to determine if and how it sprang from inanimate objects such as rocks and rotten flesh. But they did that in a very religious way, and used their results to support the church's claims, whereas others sought to resort to real science.

We all know that moss grows on stones, but are also aware of the fact that the spores that seed this plant are carried to the moist environment on the surface of the rock via the wind. However, two centuries ago people were not so aware of these facts. Thus, in the early 1860s, chemist Louis Pasteur published a theory saying that life could not possibly spring up from objects that had no vitality to begin with. He was a supporter of the creation theory, saying that only divine intervention could have given the initial spark needed for the onset of life on Earth.

In 1859, British naturalist Charles Darwin published his own work, On The Origin of Species, having reached a totally different result than Pasteur. He was a strong advocate of the evolution theory, saying that the initial cells that took shape in the primordial soup formed entirely out of inanimate matter and that, if needed, the process could take place again. He also argued that the right conditions could even at the time turn the right mixture into basic compounds of life.

Later, at the beginning of the 20th century, as scientists were learning about the complexity of cells, their chemistry and their genes, the confusion about life's origins grew even stronger. And this naturally prompted more and more people to say that it was the creation of a god, and that there was no way all the right conditions could have been met by accident.

Furthermore, that was a reaction to be expected from people who still had no idea about how the human body had been made, before new and exciting fossils were discovered that would bring about a new wave of knowledge on the matter.

Others proposed a theory according to which the spores of life traveled the Universe, and only germinated when they met the appropriate conditions. They cited as proof the fact that microorganisms could be found in the Earth's atmosphere. This hypothesis also resulted from the fact that knowledge on the Universe was limited, and that no one knew for sure how we had been arranged, planet-wise, in the grand scheme of things.

Even now, there are those who still claim that life was the creation of a higher being, despite all the scientific pieces of evidence pointing to the contrary. People are afraid of things they don't know, and most find it a lot easier to credit something to a higher being, instead of taking the long way around, and start searching for the answers themselves.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Buddhist Monk Leaves Footprints Embedded in the Floor

He prays numerous times each day

Buddhist monks live their lives according to Holy concepts, in prayer and meditation

For some 20 years now, Buddhist monk Hua Chi has been praying in the same spot in the temple he lives in. Over so many years, the soles of his feet have become perfectly ingrained in the wood of the floor, and have now reached a depth of 1.2 inches in some places. The monk is so devoted that he does anywhere between 500 and 1,000 prayers each day, hoping that this will ensure him a “smooth

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
To me the guy is a perfect example of the egoism of some pseudo religeous people . Everything he does circles around him , his fear of dying and his ego .
I agree. His keeping track of how many prayers he uttered each day very much reminds me of how some Indian saints have been glorified for chanting either 64 or even 192 rounds of prayers on their japa-mala (prayer beads). I used to chant 16 rounds (that's 1728 mantras) a day, which took me two and a half hours. Those who chanted really quick (and unclear) would be finished within one and a half hour. This means the saints who did 192 rounds must have spent at least 18 hours a day doing that, and indeed, it was said they only slept about 2 to 3 hours a day, and lived on nothing but water, buttermilk and sometimes a little rice or bread. This glorification of excessive prayer, malnutrition and sleep-deprivation is very common in "spiritual" cultures where knowledge of powerful entheogens has been lost. Indeed, it is a type of egoism, in the name of ego-transcendence.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Pastor Warns of Calamity Sent by God

The NY minister is a bit off though . In the Bible, the Apocalypse was predicted to happen before the generation that saw the Savior died. The riding of the horesemen is 2,000 years late

It seems that pastors, priests, and believers of different creeds really have a thing for predicting widespread cataclysms on Earth, in the hope of getting people to join their ranks and repent. And while the final devastation is, indeed, predicted in the Book of Apocalypse, and some current events may be construed as signs written in the Bible, several individuals really take this over the line. A good example is New York City's Times Square Church founder David Wilkerson, who now urges people to stockpile supplies and non-perishable foods, as God's wrath is upon us.

It's odd how every such doom sayer believes that the end of the world will begin in the place where he or she preaches. For instance, Wilkerson is convinced that the Apocalypse will start from Manhattan, which is what only residents of that area would believe.

Strangely enough, his line of thought follows the same pattern as all American sci-fi movies, in which aliens always disembark in Central Park (or somewhere else in the US) and always speak English. On a side note, the Apocalypse could very well start in Mongolia or Zimbabwe, not in Manhattan.

“An earth-shattering calamity is about to happen (...) It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires (...) There will be looting – including Times Square, New York City,