Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

dream herbs

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
smoking bud kills my dreams. i quited recently and for the first time in a year or so, i could remember my dreams

Yeah, I always called it "black sleep" because dreaming (or at least remembering any of it) really stopped when I was smoking weed on a daily basis.
Alcohol also kills your dreams (or at least your memory of it).
I'm not sure if I'm afraid of my dreams because all of my life I looked for means to depress them. Now, with my tripping experience, I am more and more looking into my dreams as "natural trips". They can be meaningful, even if they are not pleasing all the time.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
tryptonaut a dit:
They can be meaningful, even if they are not pleasing all the time.

That's exactly it. For me dreams that I remember, most of the time are things I would like to "happen" in real life, but it's not the same in real life. It always gets me down when that happpens...

But lucid dreaming could be great. I experienced it one time and I had a hell of a ride ehehe You could do things you wanted and at least you would have some satisfaction from it. I tried a few tips but until now I haven't managed it..

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Funny is, last night I didn't take antything, no meditation, no special dream ritual, and now I remember what I dreamt. Bits and pieces though.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Pazusu a dit:
Funny is, last night I didn't take antything, no meditation, no special dream ritual, and now I remember what I dreamt. Bits and pieces though.

Its amazing how easy this stuff goes, once you set your mind on it.

The opposite is through also, general experience seems to be that when you stop practicing, you will be back to point zero in no time.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
If anyone's interested.

http://www.dreamjournal.net/

It analyzes words in your dream and tells you what they mean. Keeps track of common events that you dream about. So you can know when your dreaming a lot easier. You can make your journal private or let people interpret your dreams for you.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Funny story, The other day I finally ate some of my own mushies ( haven't done shrooms in 4 years ) and had a good ol' time all by myself walking around the city with my 2 dogs ( wife was out of town at Yogaville ). It was a great trip but I didn't get to bed that night until 8 in the morning.

That night, I had the most realistic yet crazy dream. It was like the movie " Harold and Kumar go to White Castle " but I was after a sausage and egg biscuit instead of hamburgers. The dream involved me and my buddy, Mike and for some reason we just couldn't find a sausage and egg biscuit anywhere. Well the dream seemed to last the whole time I was asleep, which was only four hours but it was very easy to remember. When I woke up I was starving and all I wanted was a god damn sausage and egg biscuit from McD's but it was noon and I was too late. :(

G

Invité
Hahaha, funny stuff :D

I've tried Calea and had my first really clear "realistic-like" dream in years, couldn't remember it the evening after.
Most of the times I wake up and just can remember an image or a feeling or a combination that doesn't make sense anymore.

Calea is nice, but you gotta have the extract and make shure you smoke 0,2 grams. I also did 0,4 one evening but in the top side of a joint every time, so that kinda made me forget one of the craziest dreams ever...
Lately I don't smoke joints after 10pm and that really helps remember my dreams better and I have more vivid dreams, only this weekend I got drunk again (stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid) so this week hardly any dreams that I could remember.
I know I had one really strange and long one this morning, but I didn't write it down.

I guys I should stop smoking mj every day or just stop for a while and start writing them down.
Better lay paper and pen right beside my bed right now :D

Another tip: set your alarm clock 2 hours before you must get out of your bed so you wake up and then fall asleep again, this is also a good way to have a dream. Sometimes I have dreams between snoozes :D

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Another tip: set your alarm clock 2 hours before you must get out of your bed so you wake up and then fall asleep again, this is also a good way to have a dream. Sometimes I have dreams between snoozes :D

yeahh.. this always works :)
I don't do it on purpose, but if I wake up (bio-rhytm) and I still have the time to sleep, I continue sleeping and have dream after dream after dream...and wake up exhausted :D
but most of the time they're really good, like last time;
I was walking around in some unknown park, and I had the urge to go to this specific place (never seen it in my life), because I had this important thing to do there. When I arrived, it was big lake, cut in half by a glass sphere, made out of white steel spines.
In the lake I saw a volkswagen beatle, being driven by a monkey. I knew this was my destiny... :mrgreen:
I walked into the water to get the monkey out of the car, because he was driving circles in the water, and I only saw the top of the car. I knew it didn't touch the ground, it just floated and drove around. When i came near the car with the monkey in it, I suddenly was in some greenhouse full of jungle plants, so I entered the toboggan, and slided down...into reality where I woke up :D

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Best trips I had .. I dreamed :D once shrooms, and once MDMA (before I actually had tried it)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
only this weekend I got drunk again (stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid) so this week hardly any dreams that I could remember.

as unusually as it may sound but .. I actually had some of the most intense lucid dreams when I got totally wasted the night before..
and I was able to remember them.

and its funny u talk about the snoozing :)
cause everyone I know who is interested in dreams.. I tell to make some time and snooze for an hour or 2 :), just let it go of every 10 minutes..
man u can have several dreams and even lucid dreams in that time.
and remember them all...
it doesnt always works... sometimes u don't fall asleep in time :)
and it also needs practise, but daaamn does that stuff work :D

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
I had lucid dreams a few days ago while snoozing! it was great ehehe can't really explain how it was but it was crazy, and the girls were mine all over the city, or should I say I made them mine hehe =P

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Never thought someone else would be as lazy as i can be..
Snooze dreaming is a gift :P
But these dreams are intense and demanding.
On waking up there is the urge to go back to sleep.Funny you guys set the limit of 2 hours, the same here. I don't know how, but after pressing the snooze button around 13 times i suddenly feel like getting up...hehe

One time, i dreamt reality was a computer program. I could stop time and view raindrops like in the matrix.

I am in doubt, can dreams show the future?
It IS like a deja vu experience but different. In my dreams i have experienced the same but in a different setting. Anyone with the same effect? Grtz

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
can dreams show the future....
its a hard question.. on which many theories could be applied

I think everybody know the feeling 'Deja vu' sometimes u think MAN this happened before ... i`ve been here before at this exact moment
shiit I even know what u are about to say but its just on the tip of my tongue

or u think, waaaait a minute, waaaait a minute I`m sure I dreamt about this like yesterday , 3 months ago or even years ago

now here is a theorie..
what if, this life we are living now.. that we have allready lived this and we are just going thru it again... for example, when u die a big burst of DMT explodes in your brains :D u have 5 minutes of brain activity, time is relative at that moment
just look at dreams
but in these 5 minutes, u could be reliving your life... in other words 'Now"
this would that when u have a deja vu thing ... and u think u dreamt the future .. u didnt.. u just dreamt about what u have allready done or going to do( its inevitable,everything that was going to happen would not happen in any other way because it happened before)

but the question comes up... but how come that other people function outside my little world... u couldnt possibly know what Jacob has been doing on the other side of the world :)

Another theorie
is that the whole universe has a cycle of lets say 15 billion years.. then it implodes in on itself and we get a new BIG BANG and everything will develop as last time, and that u are again doing everything exactly the same way as 10 BIG BANGS before :P
so when u have these deja vu feelings again or dreams which are so vivid that u can remember them, and later experience what you dreamt
That is just a little piece of memory that somehow was preserved
and that u get to see a little bit of the future

theorie number 3
its just a malfuntion of chemical reactions in your brain
which make it so incredibly real and that things just look so amazingly familiar, that u assume it is real and that u take it for granted

Greetz
Prostoner

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
My thought for now is a little different. Salvia showed me something else this year. Like you said there is this void of relative time that is pre-reality, everything can happen and all can be seen. So each period of time has all possibilities.

Maybe this could be true. Dreaming gives us feelings. These sometimes unfamiliar feelings will trigger memory's in the future. For example, if you have dreamt of falling in love with a girl with a blue dress, an actual girl with a blue dress can trigger a love feeling. Which was first, the feeling or the event?

There will be some important decisions and images from the future pushing you forward in this time. That would mean dreaming can be part of the future but it can never be reality. That would also explain your mind filling up the blanc parts with strange archetypes and storylines...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I had my strangest and most intense dreams in hospital, after an 18-hour surgery. not that I was dreaming the day after. I can't even remember anything from that day ^^. anyway, some days later, 3 or 4, I got some kind of pill for sleeping. that stuff was pretty psychedelic. my first dream was, erm hard to describe. it was more hallucination-like. do you know that internetsite, where you see a castle. then you can move forward and backwards. when you move forward you go through the door and you suddenly are in a completly different world. in this world you go into somebodys mouth and you are somewhere else. and after some time you get back to the castle. this is the best description for my dream I can write :)
two days later, I dreamt that I'm in a city, and some friends are also there, wearing suits. Later I recognised that gravity is halved for me. so I was jumping around all the time having fun ^^ (it was a lucid dream btw, double fun jumping around :D ). then I told a friend (in the dream ;) ) how great and cool this dream is and that it is pretty unnecessary to tell him that, because he won't remember anything, because I dream of him and that he isn't real.
sorry if I wrote a bit complicated, I even can't describe this good in german ;)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
petfles a dit:
Maybe this could be true. Dreaming gives us feelings. These sometimes unfamiliar feelings will trigger memory's in the future. For example, if you have dreamt of falling in love with a girl with a blue dress, an actual girl with a blue dress can trigger a love feeling. Which was first, the feeling or the event?

Another interesting question :)
I really have no idea what was first
u could call it placebo love hehe

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
It seems like most of this planet is a placebo. I used to call it a mirror of reality, but maybe you are right. We could be living a dream, and it will be an unique one EVERY TIME!
But you understand this would realize dreams are just a guidance, a placebo feeling. Right now i think different.

When we dream, we are just as alife. The difference between dreaming and waking? The approval of time! Guiding you for the moment.
When dreaming, time is none existing,
It is like i said, sometimes, somewhere, on the beach or in space
When waking up you are sliced again in the faithfull loop of existence.

What can dreaming teach us?
We should accept that pieces of our lives
are, and will be, guided in dreams.
learning to dream is learning to live life

Ayy :?
It is wise to guide your dreams:lol:
[/quote]