Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis law change comes into force in UK

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Anyone caught smoking cannabis could now get five years in jail after the government increased the punishment for getting hold of the drug. Gordon Brown has pushed through plans to return cannabis to its class B status, five years after Tony Blair downgraded it to class C.

The decision was made against the advice of the government's own panel of independent drug experts."

Continue reading here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/the_p_word/newsid_7847000/7847889.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk

-------

This law change is based on a study by sharlatans .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I just found this article somewhere else .

UK Increases Cannabis Risk Classification

The substance is now a Class B drug

The White Widow is considered to be the most potent strain of cannabis in the world today

The British government has upgraded the risk level of cannabis from a Class C drug to Class B, because of rising consumption problems amongst its youth. Just to be on the safe side, authorities have placed the plant in the same category with codeine and amphetamine, and proponents of the idea say that this will help teenagers and young adults avert the future impact the substance could have on their minds. The active ingredient in cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, a psychoactive molecule that triggers the “high

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Ban the bong?!

I just found this one, I think it's from two weeks ago:

A British city council are putting feelers out with regard to banning equipment which it says, are used solely for the purpose of consuming illegal drugs such as cannabis.

Council officers from the Wirral on Merseyside have gained all-parties backing for the controversial move, which would see the sale of bongs, chilum's and vaporizers outlawed if the law comes to fruition.

The quest to 'ban the bong' has been tabled by Birkenhead and Tranmere councillor Brian Kenny, who commented recently "It may not be illegal to sell the equipment, but it is sold in retail outlets across the Wirral and Merseyside, with the knowledge that it is likely to be used for illicit drugs."

According to sources on Merseyside the proposal has received a large amount of support.

"I’m hoping that the report we get back gives us the opportunity to take steps locally," added councillor Kenny.

But according to a spokesperson for the British Cannabis Lobby, banning the sale of bongs and vaporizers is likely to have absolutely no effect on the war against cannabis and its users.

"In fact" said cannabis lobby spokesman Bill Stone, "Its likely to have the opposite effect and actually cause more harm than it saves."

"Its fair to assume a bong can be used for consuming cannabis but thats far from the only use a bong has" said Stone.

"The fact is a great many people are substituting tobacco with herbal "tobacco free" smoking mixes which are available in a great many high street tobacconists. In many instances this action is being undertaken on the advice of the government, via the picturesque and colourful advertisments which are printed on packets of cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco these days"

"As a result a lot of people are moving away from tobacco based products, preferring to consume herbal mixes such as those available at http://www.natures-world.co.uk ".

Products like the special herbal mix which contains marshmallow, red clover and rose petals, or the farmers mix, which is an aromatic mixture made from a blend of natural herbs matured in honey and apple juice. All of which are guaranteed tobacco free and nicotine free.

"The problem with a lot of these mixes" continued Bill Stone, "is the fact that the material being smoked tends to be a lot larger, more coarse than regular hand rolling tobacco's, making it very difficult at times, to roll into a cigarette as you would with a product such as the popular hand rolling tobacco's from Golden Virginia or Old Holborn".

"So its not unusual" said Stone, "to find people consuming these herbal mixes using a bong or chillum instead."

Its also been noted that in these days of a multi-cultural society its not uncommon to find Turkish or Arab ex-pat communities coming together at social events in the UK, which sees family elders sitting around a "hookah" pipe, in which is smoked a special blend of flavoured tobacco which has charcoal added, to enhance the smokers experience.

Hookah pipes are also used by some people, to smoke cannabis, which brings about something of a legal and cultural paradox.

According to the cannabis lobby spokesman "This is nothing more than another knee-jerk reaction as the British government proves once again it has not only an irrational fear of cannabis, (even though it is legally available in 14 US states under a doctors medical cannabis card - thats fully 25% of the United States population of 306 million people who are now legally entitled to use cannabis with their doctors recommendation),the UK government clearly has absolutely no idea how to deal with the cannabis issue".

"In this day and age, with the country already on its knee's financially thanks to this current Labour administration, it seems obscene to carry on throwing millions of pounds at the prohibition of cannabis, when every expert asked about cannabis law in the run up to the reclassification of cannabis, agreed the majority of harms caused by cannabis come not as a result of the substance itself, which is a relatively harmless, benign substance for over 99.99% of its users, but as a result of prohibition and exposure to the judicial system after being caught in possession of cannabis."

Dying for a drink
"In the meantime" concluded Bill Stone, "over 150,000 British voters die every year as a result of tobacco or alcohol. Thats over 90% of all British drug related death's, which the British population pay tax on, for the pleasure of dying legally".

Other items which may be used for consuming cannabis;
"PET" drinks bottles
Hosepipes
Rizla papers
Beer cans

Other "means" which regularly kill British citizens
Teenage drivers kill 200+ every year
Public transport - 5000 fatalities per year
Road traffic accidents kill 5000 per year.

But do we ban teenage drivers, public transport or roads?

"No" says Bill Stone. "We educate people how to use the roads safely, and perhaps we as a nation could learn something from that, in the implementation of a workable national drugs policy".

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Fucking Opressive bastards, I tell you now.

Lock me up and Im gonna make such a rumble!

I'd write letters daily to Downing Street and the Home Office and become a mega "legalise it" campaigner :D

I'd reseacrh the lot, I'd present my case and argue the infringement of the basic human rights.

Fucking WANKERS!

P.S. Sticki is FURIOUS! :twisted:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
YES!! Back to the fifties !! Someone was right when he said that the historical memory of men holds maximum 50 years. The errors are forgotten !! Fine. The future will eat itself - they will realize their error themselves.

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
i am not against drug use. i am against deliberate misinformation.
the classification of drugs index should be overhauled, by doctors and scientists. not fucking bureacrats.
science=truth
arent politicians elected by the people to speak for the people?
the government needs to teach the youngsters the TRUTH. lead by example.

as an afterthought,
the uk government had an opportunity there to create a billion pound industry, tens of thousands of jobs, free police resources for other social problems, take on the black market, and set a quality control in essence by simply passing an amsterdam coffeshop style licensing law.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Off topic .

"Lock me up and Im gonna make such a rumble! "

I was in nick with a guy who kept shitting on the floor till he got a cell on his own .

I took his example and when i was homeless i told the sozial here that i had the farts and every time i had to share a room it came to a fight because of it so they gave me a double room in a "hotel" for 2 years .

dennis1978

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Jan 2009
@im1badpup ->

agreed.

re classification, based on scientific facts.
It would benefit us for sure!

It would probably mean ethanol has to go.
This would cause serious economical mayhem.
30 to 50% of the total money made from brewer to customer is for governments. They can't do without polluting the world with ethanol.

Also, i am wondering this for a looooong time:

they say:
white widow is very strong, so we re-classify!

And why is there no difference between beer and whiskey?

Why cant it be called harm reduction, stronger weed?
Less smoking to get stoned is good!

They are some gd ignorant undereducated manipulative pieces of shit
who present this misinformation to the people.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
it wont make a difference in Scotland, the law didnt change here. we have our own laws.

the police wont implement it anyway, they have enough to do with all the heroin and crack

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"arent politicians elected by the people to speak for the people? "

Thats called democracy and is a purely theoretical idea . There has never been a democracy anywhere in the world . The system we all live in is an alibi system better called "Dumbocracy"............

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
"Dumbocracy"

I think we should re-name it officially. Sounds sweet.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Great!!
Now everybody in the U.K. Will stop smoking weed and those who never tried it will never try it cause it's now a class B drug................... .. . .

:lol:
Another sad song

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
But think about the economy the heroin and crack markets will boom .

Talking about dumbocracy 4 lords just got caught takeing money for changeing laws.......... and its not illegal . Thats a surprise isnt it ?

In Germany a big , big boss got caught cheating the tax man and didnt go to prison like poor people do if they do it . They hang the small ones and let the big ones walk away .

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
hmm, bad news.
me no like.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i wouldnt worry about it. nothing will change on the streets

the police are busy busy as it is. we all smoke on the street on a saturday afternoon anyway. there are no police about

crack, smack and guns thats what they are looking for. they dont care about a smoke no matter what the law says. other drugs are a different matter

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
same deal as belgium then :p

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Up to 14 years for cultivation now....

FUCKING WANKERS!

Why not make us buy licenses and put the funds in the NHS, Schools and other area's of REAL Narcotic Education.

Its a plant, A herb! Fucking WANKERS!

Sticki is still not happy. :twisted:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
wow, bad news, no surprise though. when do governments ever listen to reason when they have knees to jerk and votes to win.

i really wonder (and hope) that things will change as our generation matures and comes into power.

but yes, history repeats, sadly.