Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Bath Salt?

SEEKtheTRUTH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Août 2011
Might sound a little stupid, but I'm doing bath salt this weekend with a friend. I don't want to do it more than a few times, I know what it might entail, one time seems extreme enough. Just wondering about any experiences? Feedback? People haven't really been able to describe to me what it's like because it's so damn crazy, apparently. I'm hoping maybe somebody on here can. Thanks (:

T

thescientist

Invité
If my ferret is not mistaken, there are a couple different chemicals they use that are classified as bath salts. I think the main one is methylone, but there are definitely others out there. Each recreates a real drug. I havent heard much about them recently, but using a search engine on the title of the one you have will do wonders on your quest for more info..

The way you describe them, makes it sound real crazy. She doesnt think that they are crazy that much, but moreso have more side effects. She has heard of headaches, nose bleeds, lightheaded...so on. Anything in moderation is cool though she thinks. Start small, end big HAH..

T

thescientist

Invité
Yea take firsthand advice from Big A over here. Mr. Ferret only has read all the documents available online on the subject, and has personal specimens that has been tested. You should definitely not listen to someone who knows THAT much on the subject. Good Mr. Ferret. Good. :roll:

If you get butt hurt easily, than just stick to the real stuff.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
not worth it imo. i've tried jwh-18 (which is in many "legal marijuanas/highs". stuff is garbage. it made my eyes feel pressurized. kind of like how people report their eyes feel weird after smoking weed, only this was not particularly pleasant or trippy in any way, just bizarre. the high itself reminded me of being out of breath. not a feeling that i would associate with pleasure or relaxation. i dont recommend this to anybody. nobody knows the long term side effects, which according to all that we've discovered about them so far, seems to indicate that they really are not all that good for the body...

it is called a "research chemical" for a reason... do you really want to be the lab rat?

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Honestly, in my opinion from the few research chemicals out there that I can comment on, none are really worthwhile in the long run. They leave this synthetic after-taste on your soul for a while. Considering that they are made overseas with little to no oversight, and they are SO varied in dosage and virtually NO research has been done on their consumption (I know, ironic), I have to say that it's really a bad decision.

That being said, I know people are all about the high, especially when they're bored and young. I just feel bad because this wave is going to fuck up a lot of people. Can't be modest about that.

reDEEMed

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Mai 2011
I got a qweschun to axe. In regards to real bath salt and helional. Can helional be used successfully and safely in a bath salt. The shit smells great and I wanna make bath salt with it and give it to my girl and tell her I milked a million melon lilies.

This is a serious question I can't find a definitive answer on.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
not familiar with helional, though a quick search provided me with this:

Helional Pharmacology
Phenobarbital, the longest-acting barbiturate, is used for its anticonvulsant and sedative-hypnotic properties in the management of all seizure disorders except absence (petit mal).
Helional Absorption
Absorbed in varying degrees following oral, rectal or parenteral administration. The salts are more rapidly absorbed than are the acids. The rate of absorption is increased if the sodium salt is ingested as a dilute solution or taken on an empty stomach
Helional side effects and Toxicity
CNS and respiratory depression which may progress to Cheyne-Stokes respiration, areflexia, constriction of the pupils to a slight degree (though in severe poisoning they may wshow paralytic dilation), oliguria, tachycardia, hypotension, lowered body temperature, and coma. Typical shock syndrome (apnea, circulatory collapse, respiratory arrest, and death) may occur.

i know it does not say here that it is absorbed through the skin, but if the "rate of absorption is increased if the sodium salt is ingested as a dilute solution" i would definitely do more research on that before mixing large quantities of it with water and then bathing in it... overdosing on this stuff is not pretty...

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i didn't know that it was a popularly used chemical fragrance, which kind of appalls me, in an unsurprising fashion.

just because it's "common practice" doesn't mean that i'd bathe in it. i'm not down for random chemicals, no matter the modus operandi.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
What's with this "ferret" thing anway? Who the fuck is Mr.
Ferret? Is it an alter ego? Is it about avoiding liability?
I'm pretty sure 'ferrets' can 'swim'

:wink:

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
hahaha :lol:

SEEKtheTRUTH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Août 2011
Actually the type of bath salt I was looking for is no where to be found anymore, because the orginial heavily psychedelic compound has been banned, and now only have a type reminscent of speed. I'm not interested.

theflyingdutchman

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2011
Allusion a dit:
not worth it imo. i've tried jwh-18 (which is in many "legal marijuanas/highs". stuff is garbage. it made my eyes feel pressurized. kind of like how people report their eyes feel weird after smoking weed, only this was not particularly pleasant or trippy in any way, just bizarre. the high itself reminded me of being out of breath. not a feeling that i would associate with pleasure or relaxation. i dont recommend this to anybody. nobody knows the long term side effects, which according to all that we've discovered about them so far, seems to indicate that they really are not all that good for the body...

it is called a "research chemical" for a reason... do you really want to be the lab rat?

Ha!

I've smoked a few packs of that as well.

I like the bit about the eyes. That sounds familiar.

Sometimes it would happen, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes I would feel a bit stoned and a see a few brighter than normal patterns with my eyes closed, other times it'd be like smoking a cigarette.

Maybe the people blending the JHW into the packs were just spraying it on with mister bottles. :lol:

An example of where I agree with the police and regulatory people is that it was marketed as being a blend of normal herbs. No where on the packs did it say that the main thing creating the effect was due to it being laced with JHW. I am well aware of stories that get cooked up to scare people aware from drugs, but what seems to be a legitimate concern over the metabolic byproducts of JHW has been raised (that when JHW is broken down, the products may be rather carcinogenic).

It cost about as much as actual weed, which is a bit much given the effect.

I have also smoked some shitty weed in my time. And not always felt super dooper with others. But JHW isn't really something that interests me. I'd certainly never bother going to the effort of making it.

The head shop I bought it from had some other packet of weird stuff in there. I can't remember what it was called, 'shake' (as per the weed production process) or something like that. It looked like the JHW herb things, but with orange bits of fluff in it. They may have been from some plant, but they were bright amber orange and looked like rice sized bits of felt. My friend bought a pack and gave it to me at one point. I realised why soon after. Christ knows what it was or what they'd sprayed it with because it tasted like burning plastic, and all it did was give me a cold sweat for an hour or two.

SEEKtheTRUTH a dit:
Actually the type of bath salt I was looking for is no where to be found anymore, because the orginial heavily psychedelic compound has been banned, and now only have a type reminscent of speed. I'm not interested.

Would that be BZP / some other piperazine?

BZP was remarkably close to speed / E. So close I wondered if it was an actual amphetamine when I got it. My eyes were like saucers not long after and I'd be getting my sexy times vibe on. Reports from tests involving regular amphetamine users (and I believe even rats) demonstrated that they were unable to tell the two apart with any statistically significant accuracy. Much better than mephedrone.

Quite a few people noticed BZP was too 'simple' (like speed) on it's own, but provided the wave of focus etc. But others (e.g. tfmpp) from the same family of compounds would add some 'emotional depth' to the experience.

Personally, I really liked BZP / tpmff.

As I say, at first it seemed very close to actual amphetamine or E, but (having eaten though a small mountain of it whilst it was legal), I did start noticing the difference. It is 'softer' in terms of the intensity and the emotional depth (e.g. feeling for someone else) was also a lot less pronounced.

Another indicator of the 'softness' was the lack of a gigantic, rough as fuck come down, as one might experience from a few days worth of amphetamine. It also seemed to 'reach saturation' quicker. In that the three day adventures on amphetamine are not really possible with piperazines.

All in all, I think if one ever wanted to use the 'keep legal highs because its safer than dot dot dot', I think the piperazines would be good example. It's kind of like comparing E to mescaline. E is far, far 'stronger' and easier to get into a bad way with. Mescaline, if someone eats a bit too much, they'll just vomit it back up for a few hours. It seems pretty much impossible to 'cook' oneself with mescaline. But it certainly is possible to end up in a bad way with E / speed / meth, regardless of whether or not the person throws up; in increasing order of likelihood.

BZP / piperazines have turned up in pill tests, as would be expected since it was banned fairly recently and is reasonably close in effect; the people who bought kilos and kilos of it whilst it was legal to do so will have wanted to dump it, so will have just sold it as 'E' or something similar in clubs.

If, by heavily psychedelic, you mean things like the 2C compounds, yes, those have been regulated for a lot longer and you are not going to find them in any store. The 2C's were the first generation of designer drugs if you like, in that people started making and selling them specifically to bypass the schedules on specific amphetamines. They are actual amphetamine derivatives and all of them were regulated in most countries under analogue laws.

Piperazines were legal until recently as they are not structural analogues of amphetamines.

darkwolfunseen a dit:
Honestly, in my opinion from the few research chemicals out there that I can comment on, none are really worthwhile in the long run. They leave this synthetic after-taste on your soul for a while. Considering that they are made overseas with little to no oversight, and they are SO varied in dosage and virtually NO research has been done on their consumption (I know, ironic), I have to say that it's really a bad decision.

That being said, I know people are all about the high, especially when they're bored and young. I just feel bad because this wave is going to fuck up a lot of people. Can't be modest about that.

All synthetic stimulants are going to leave that 'wired' feeling by nature of the effect they're trying to produce. The monumental release of dopamine and serotonin. Wired, followed by an equally strong worn out sensation. Although it's not even close in terms of strength, caffeine can leave me feeling pretty shitty when I go through ten cups.

I would proffer that all drugs, in general, tend to have a few common effects, e.g. the feeling of being poisoned / messed with in some way. They are all essentially 'poisons' to the nervous system as they all disrupt it's normal function.

I do agree with you (that there's no research, some of them feel 'synthetic' or 'fake'), but the people who make designer drugs tend to be a lot better at making them than the DIY illegal drug labs, and the dealers. One big producer of them (e.g. mephedrone / BZP) was in Holland I believe and was quite a flashy company; think they're still running now, just producing different things.

On the research note, that's a fair point. At the same time, no one knew what LSD, barbiturates or any of the amphetamines would do in both the short and the long term, and there is still no solid information on that. This, as the history books show under the entry for 'best decade ever', did little to stop many millions of hippies from munching their way through the things.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I tend to agree with the theory that human life often moves in patterns.

spyinthecab

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Mar 2010
If you have the will to only try it a FEW times, then do it. Just know that that is a lot, a loooooot easier said than done. I binged on MDPV for 2 months and abruptly stopped taking it, went into psychosis after not sleeping/bathing/eating/drinking water or ANYTHING for about a week or so and had some of the most horrible hallucinations I had ever seen in my life. I witnessed a black mass, saw trees having sex with eachother, a 20 foot tall jim morrison fighting jesus and buddha on my ex bfs grandparents roof, people would come up through the vents in my house, crash through the windows of the room I was staying in, I have countless memories of the strangest and most unpleasant hallucinations. It isn't difficult to do another bump once you experience the comedown effects. Not really worth the try, honestly. It's been almost 8 months since my binge and I still have an extremely low white blood cell count, a very short attention span in comparison to how I was prior to using it. It fucked me up, dawg. Be smart.