Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

about how much weight can a hotplate support?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
any personal ideas/opinions?

I hate my kitchen.

Long story short...It would be really nice if I could fit a pressure cooker on a 7x7 magnetic stirplate.

It's probably the heaviest thing my plate has ever seen on it. I'd say a total of 15-30lbs. which is the cooker+water+plus the oh so sweet root bark. I don't think it's seen much more than a small ice/water/oil bath on it.

I love my plate and would dread damaging it.

druglessdouglas

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
why not use your kitchen cooker? steam distill doesnt need stiring, its only the water you will be boiling

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
I really would but the thing is my kitchen has one of those islands in the middle meaning unless i had an extension cord(for the condenser pump power) I'm stuck with using my stirplate. I know that I only need heat, not stirring. I'm just curious is all. It doesn't even say in my instruction manual how much weight the plate can support.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just rig up a bunch of extension cords. Not really too much of a deal. I just would prefer not having a web of tubing and cords running across my kitche ie. condenser pump tubing, extension cords, pressure cooker outlet cord(i modified my cooker with tubing).

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont know , how much do you weigh ?

I would think it would carry any weight that a cook might care to burdon it with under normal circumstances . Having stood on my cooker hot plates i know that each of them can take my weight .