Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Your creative work, second edition

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
wow if I was nat geo I'd have hired you already

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
6456651895_e971494c4b.jpg

soon to be finished!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
HELP!!

Guys I need help:
I'm going to start selling my art, originals and prints.

I need help on the price.

What would you pay for my art.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
thats such a hard question, i've never bought a print so i dont have much of a price comparison, i find it immensely difficult to put a dollar figure to a piece of art
in saying that, i frequent deviantart.com and their prints (i 'think' the artists pick the price that they want to sell at) range from around 30 to 100 depending on the size and what i assume to be the artists asking price (again, i'm not sure if there are standard prices or whatnot)

what size are you planning on having the prints?? A4?
maybe depending on how much work you put into a piece or how good you personally think it is around $60-$70

just had a thought, economically does the price of things like this vary much?? like i know that for example here in australia we get a regular cheeseburger meal from mcdonalds for 4.50 whereas i hear that in america the price of a cheeseburger meal is much less
clothes are much more expensive here as well...petrol, alcohol, cigarettes, weed, other drugs....
yea everything is more expensive here so my point is like, i dont know how much the price would vary in another country as the 'norm' for art prints

OR as i would probably say if you asked me in person "probably around $60-70"

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
That was super informative! thanks crimzen,

but 60-70 for a PRINT? or an Original? Prints are always less than the original, of course...

I'm going to post a link to a very cool site I found (I think its cooler than deviant art even) in the other thread.

60-70 per print would be way way way awesome :wink: most prints ive seen sell for around 15-45 dollars. A 60$ print and you better be in a nice neighborhood around here... :)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
putting a price on art will never feel right, no matter which :D hated to decide a price for my stuff. maybe with a different kind of money some day.

however, honestly I wouldn't buy them, because I don't buy art at all. but if I were to decide on a fair price for the market I'd say around 40 to 50€ for the more detailed originals. 70$ would be a lot for a print, you're not that famous yet ;)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah... name has a lot to do with the price tag of course.

I'm really into buying prints now. I love it. I bought my first print this summer and I look at it all the frikin time. Its beautiful I can never get over it!!

Plus I've come to the conclusion that if I expect others to purchase my art, who am I to say I won't purchase theirs? I like the idea of supporting artists. And hey its 40 bucks max. Support and artist and get an awesome work of art - or buy some other crap from some mega company...?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
good point, maybe I'll buy some one day :)
I realized that I DO buy art, but it's mostly handcraft when I'm abroad travelling, gotta post a pic of that awesome carpet one day. reminded me a lot of the south american stuff.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BananaPancake a dit:
good point, maybe I'll buy some one day :)
I realized that I DO buy art, but it's mostly handcraft when I'm abroad travelling, gotta post a pic of that awesome carpet one day. reminded me a lot of the south american stuff.

check out etsy.com - you can only sell stuff on there if its hand made by you or someone in your shop. of course there are loop holes, but definitely worth looking at.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Hey Guys!

Yet again some really awesome painting, pictures and drawings! I'm loving it!
I just finished two new tracks, and I felt like sharing them with all of you too!

Feel free to check it out(or download it even)!

Let me know what you think!
And keep up the amazing work!

Peace.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Thanks man! Good to hear :D

Peace.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
that. IS SO. COOOL

is it epoxied or taped?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
wow that really is freakin awesome...fantastic idea
problem is, if for example i came to your house and we tripped together, once i went to the toilet there'd be no getting me out haha

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
smooth bassline on that one 8) I like it

sorry for not replying. it is taped, IJC. thanks for the compliments :)