Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

would prescription MAOI's substitute?

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
GOD a dit:
The chemicals you are talking about are not natural they are synthetic pharmaceuticals and they have not been properly tested

I never said they are natural.. Yes they are synthetic, and yes I even said it myself I preffer products that have thousands of years of human testing

GOD a dit:
You didnt answer my question - why should anyone take untested things if they can take Ayahuasca or P.Harmala ?

I dont think anybody ´should´ anything.. The original poster asked for a prescription MAOI.. This is what the thread is about.. I do not recommend people, I give out information.. I preffer the thread starter to know about moclobemide and not die of food interaction than blindly get some other pharm and die because he never heard of the difference between reversible or non-reversible maois

GOD a dit:
I started with vegetarianism in 1958 , the last time i ate meat was a single bite , that i spat out , from a hotdog 34 years ago . The only animal product i eat since then is about a liter of milk a day because i dont know any other adequate source of vitamin B 12 . I have two cups of tea a day , one earl grey and one green tea . I eat 4 teaspoon fulls of sugar a day in warm drinks , sometimes less . I do not drink coffee . I take no pharmacutical medicins unless i have no choice . At the moment i have to take interferon and ribavirin . I have also been prescribed ritalin and valium , all because i have hepatitis C 1a from a blood transfusion i had to have or die . ( and i definately would not do that again , i`d rather die ) . I dont eat any cakes or sweets . I dont take drugs . I dont smoke anything . I dont drink alcohol . I eat 400 gramms of vegetables every day and a bowl of musli = about 400 gramms . I eat 25 gramms of tomato paste a day . I dont eat any fryed foods . I do watch TV but only sensible documentarys and i have never eaten a television . I do not read newspapers . I am normaly the perfect weight for my size and my doctors say my health is very good for my age . = i have the body and normaly the fitness of some one 20 years younger than me . When i`m not ill i do weight training most days , especialy when i read shit like you write . I dont go on busses or trains or airoplanes i ride my bycycle or walk . The only time i go in cars is if i go to vuuv or something with a friend . Compaire that to what you have projected on me and your life style and get on your knees .

congratulations for you... I pretty much do what you said, but im not gonna turn this into a dick measuring context.. You know, when I read your posts, I wonder: "why this attitude?!" .. Whats up with this superiority feeling.. ´get down on your knees´.. would you enjoy people to? Sounds pretty far from the equality and humbleness that spirituality normally teaches..

so what has all your experience got for you? You say you try your best, you are on a psychonaut forum, you are old, you have taken psychedelics, but you are still posing as superior and judging others (thinking I am worse than you, thinking I wont be as ´natural´ as you... ) .. So please get off your high horse and lets talk friendly, yes?

GOD a dit:
What a hipocritical statement , whos 100% perfect , do you expect me to be jesus ? I try to do my best . Are you perfect ?

nope, im also trying.. also vegetarian, no chemicals, no drugs, no cigarretes, no alcohol, no tv, plenty exercise, working with poor children from slums, love my wife, planting trees, trying to be as good as possible to family and all, no car only public transport or walking, etc etc... but am not perfect, still need more patience sometimes, or sometimes less time in the computer and few other things :)

but man.. all this vegetarian deal... its complex.. let me quote from an experience I had:

This time I mixed with milk, and when I took a sip of it, I was totally disgusted! Milk felt completely wrong, and I don’t mean just in that situation, but in general. This realization came in many different levels. First it was a ´moral´ level, imagining us humans ´stealing´ the milk of another animal to drink (AFAIK we are the only animals that do that). The milk I drink was organic, but still it didn’t feel right. Also I imagined the secretion of this milk in the cow, as if I could imagine the glands producing it, and I can tell you it wasn´t very pleasant to ´taste´ cow glands haha. Also, it just felt wrong in general to the human body, as if it´s tolerated and somehow digested, but it´s not meant to be, the body doesnt want it.

This also made me start questioning my whole position as a vegetarian, trying to respect nature, how hard it starts becoming. I thought about it´s not enough to just not eat meat, but how agrotoxic-filled vegetables, milk-stealing, etc are also nasty. I thought of vegetarians, how usually they define themselves as such, as if it morally excuses them in life. But in fact, it´s so much more complex than that, as the milk example I mentioned, or for example how even if one doesn’t eat meat, still so many of the products we use are involved in animal testing (for example, procter and gamble, a big corporation, owner of Duracell batteries, Gillette, Oral B, Pampers, a dozen of shampoo brands, etc, is known to do very nasty animal testing). So this showed me how it´s a very complex and deep issue, and how I definitely don’t have clear-cut answers to it. I know I will always have some sort of cost to the planet, one can´t be ´footprint-free´, but I realized once again it´s my duty to try to diminish that and be aware of things I buy/use as much as possible, respecting all different levels of life. It´s all these dynamic decisions we have to make..
On one hand, a person can choose to live the ´back to the land´ lifestyle, have a sustainable land, be an example of non-aggression to nature.. I find that a very nice iniciative.. But then again, what good does a person do to the world by being isolated? To how many people will this be an example? Will it really change anything, appart from being ´one less problem´? Maybe it´s better to closer to society, try to make an active change to the world thinking of long term consequences, even if that will mean being temporarily harsh to nature.. It´s a fine line, there is no single answer, it depends on each person in each moment.. These ethical questions are very complex, dynamic, contextual. I think it´s necessary to try to be as conscious as possible, and not give up on the search for a better world.

so yeah, its not that simple and I am aware of it, or try to be...

GOD a dit:
"I dont want to give money to the pharmaceutical industry."

Where do you get your pills from then ? Steal them ?

nope, I dont get pills at all... Im young and healthy and dont need to take them, for many years, and dont plan on unless its an emergency.. so yes, we agree, no need to get angry

GOD a dit:
Then why are you advertising them and recomending people to take them ? Could it be hipocracy ? Or ignorance ? Or stupidity ? Or have you got a sick ego ? Or is it just that you are talking crap ?

Im not advertising, and I am sorry if it sounded like that.. Im advising somebody that asked about prescription MAOIS, and saying the one that is health-wise most safe, but if possible I definitely recommend natural ones

GOD a dit:
Please tell me who can take a pill to oraly activate DMT and say wich MAOIs it contains ?

Heh? what do you mean? if you take moclobemide, you would know its moclobemide

GOD a dit:
If a person respects themselves and knows what they are doing they dont eat for 4 hours before an ayahuasca experience so what you have said is irelevant .

but some people are not so informed, so its good to give information on the different interactions and so on... not to mention the fact that in the case of irreversible maois, the interaction would be for longer than 4 hours, so it would be dangerous even with this ´respect´ you say that I agree with

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yawn !!!

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
GOD a dit:

I AM ANSWERING POST WITH YOURS HUGE CONFESSION AND PAIN CRY ANGER.
I AM REALLY SORRY FOR YOU, SUCH SHIT HAPPENED! HEP-C WITH TRANSFUSION" FUCKING NIGHTMARE! I KNOW LOT'S OF GUYS WHO ALSO HAVE HEP C BUT WITHOUT SYMPTOMS. JUNKIES, CAUGHT HEP-C BY NEEDLE! FOR ME FUCKHEADS!? ONE SHOOTING WAS MORE IMPORTANT THEN LIFE HEALTH!!?????!!!!!
YOU NEED TO EAT "SHIT" FROM FOOD (ONLY IF YOU WANT THAT IS ANOTHER MATTER), NO SALT, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, PILLS, HARD FOOD, AND SO ON.
I HAVE SOME BUDDIES WITH IT, BUT NO ONE HAVE LIVED SO LONG TO START EXPERIENCED HEP-C PAIN IN KIFE! SORRY MY MAN! REALLY SORRY. BUT MY WORDS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING, YOU ARE SICK NOT ME, AND WHAT CAN I KNOW HOW THIS SLICKNESS WORKS.

I SEE HUGE ANGER IN YOU! HUGE DEPRESSIVE MOOD, LIFE BLACK HOLE IS EATING YOU. KEEP HOLDING ON!!! NEW LIVER IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GET TRANSPLANTED!??? ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LONG ON LIST!

YOU ARE RIGHT BOUT SYNTHETICS, BUNCH OF THEM HAS MORE DAMAGING EFFECTS THEN HEALING ONES! BUT SOME ARE GOOD, GREAT!

TRY TO TAKE ALTERNATIVE MEDS AND VARIOUS HERBS, BUILD HOPE INSTEAD PAIN-CRY AND VIRUS MAYBE WILL BE SILENCED DOWN WITH CONVENTIONAL THERAPY (INERFERON, RIBAFARIN) AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO TRANSPLANT ANOTHER LIVER.

I WILL PRAY FOR YU, HEAL FOR ME! YOU MUST!!!!!
WRITE "I LOVE YOU" OR #CURE FOR BAD LIVER" ON ALL POTS,BOTTLES,GLASS CUPS, CUPS, PLATES, AND SO ON..

GOOD VIBRATION ON MOLECULAR SPACE, DNA SPACE ABSORB OUR THOUGHTS. DISTILED WATER CHANGE IT'S CRISTAL STRUCTURE WHEN YU WROTE "I LOVE YOU" ON GLASS"!!

NO WAY TO LOSE, YOU CAN ONLY RECEIVE!

PEACE
LIGHT
BLESS MY FRIEND! :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think there are quite some differences between taking dmt with Syrian Rue and taking dmt with Banisteriopsis Caapi (=Ayahuasca)

The only time I had an effective dose of oral dmt was when I combined it with 5g of Syrian Rue and it produced an effect really much apart from what I read about ayahuasca. My visuals were almost all black and white (in some kind of like straight from a vampire movie). I had once before taken mushrooms with Syrian Rue which had brought me into a similar dark realm. I am pretty sure the vine (=ayahuasca, which is the name of the original maoi!) will produce a quite different effect.

There must be a reason why the native indians think the Caapi vine is the main ingredient of ayahuasca (quote from a docu I seen about ayahuasca from a native shaman: "without the chacruna you can see, but you can't see very far. If you add the chacruna then you can see much further")

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
telepathine = unconventional name for harmine

peganum harmala and caapi both have exactly the same 3 harmala alkaloids (harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine), but they have it in different concentrations (syrian rue has more harmaline, while caapi has more harmine and tetrahydroharmine)

but then we come to the question: is the effect of a substance solely based on it's observed chemical properties? or does the context where it grew, inherent spirits/energy and so on exist and make a difference in the effect?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
endlessness a dit:
telepathine = unconventional name for harmine

peganum harmala and caapi both have exactly the same 3 harmala alkaloids (harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine), but they have it in different concentrations (syrian rue has more harmaline, while caapi has more harmine and tetrahydroharmine)

but then we come to the question: is the effect of a substance solely based on it's observed chemical properties? or does the context where it grew, inherent spirits/energy and so on exist and make a difference in the effect?

but then we come to the question: is the effect of a substance solely based on it's observed chemical properties? or does the context where it grew, inherent spirits/energy and so on exist and make a difference in the effect_____This is only determined by yours believes.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i would like some specifics on pharma maoi to avoid although ive now found a source of banisteropsis. information of all sorts is what i crave- it all goes in and is all usefull for something.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
druglessdouglas a dit:
i would like some specifics on pharma maoi to avoid although ive now found a source of banisteropsis. information of all sorts is what i crave- it all goes in and is all usefull for something.

Caapi have more TELEPATHIC "MAOi" effect then Pegan. Pegan is like synthetic MAOi.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`ve had both loads of times and i never noticed any difference at all . Drugless try going to an Asia , sihk or Pakistani shop and ask for "spant" or "espant" . Maybe if you can find some pictures of P.Harmala seeds you can just go in and look around and suss them without asking . Its very cheap , usualy only about a quid for 200 gramms .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive had harma seeds on theyre own some time back. also i went to a halal butchers once and asked if they knew where i could buy khat. they were not happy. they must have thaught i was asking for cat meat.off thread i know. the cappi and mimosa will come in the same package so everything will be cool. sometimes my questions are just for information sake, not an indication of my intent

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
And sometimes my answers are stupid . You already said youd tryed it and didnz like it but i forgot .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Well, ayahuasca shamans seem very definite about the ayahuasca vine (banisteriopsis caapi) being the main ingredient in ayahuasca - you can't just say "well they don't know the chemistry, Syrian Rue is just the same"
If you do that, then you could as well say that shrooms are just the same as ayahuasca, because psilocybin also contains the -N,N-DMT component, only with the 4-Phosphoryloxy- before it... Doesn't really sound that much different chemically, does it?

I never had a successful ayahuasca experience with Banisteriopsis Caapi yet (only one with a little glimpse at what could be happening). I had a pretty powerful trip with Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostilis (5g + 9g) but it wasn't at all what I anticipated an ayahuasca trip to be like, it was more like a shroom trip on acid (forgive that figure of speech, please... I don't mean like literally on acid, I mean it was really, really, weird...)

I have a piece of Ayahusca Vine lying around for the case I feel like trying the brew again. These are the words of one shaman from a documentary I saw: "you can make the brew without the leaves (note: that is psychotira viridiis, i.e. dmt containing substance) but you won't see very far. With the leaves you see much further!" He literally put a handful of psychotria leaves in a huge kettle full of water and banisteriopsis caapis vines. I can't recall the title of the docu (I will look for it and tell you the title) and I can't say for sure that this is all of the shamans' approach - but from what I know they all say that the vine is the main and even only ingredience, while the dmt plants come second (as and important, but not crucial ingredient!)

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
tryptonaut a dit:
Well, ayahuasca shamans seem very definite about the ayahuasca vine (banisteriopsis caapi) being the main ingredient in ayahuasca - you can't just say "well they don't know the chemistry, Syrian Rue is just the same"
If you do that, then you could as well say that shrooms are just the same as ayahuasca, because psilocybin also contains the -N,N-DMT component, only with the 4-Phosphoryloxy- before it... Doesn't really sound that much different chemically, does it?

)

its very different.. first of all, syrian rue does not exist in the amazon, so they couldn´t have learned about it and from it like they did with the countless years of ayahuasca use..

also, if we look in strict terms, your comparison is not valid because psilocybin is a different molecule (as you said, it has a 4-phosphoryloxy group attached to it, which makes worlds of difference)..

In the case of syrian rue and caapi, both have the same beta carbolines (though caapi is more harmine and tetrahydroharmine and a bit of harmaline, while rue is mostly harmaline and a bit of the rest)

But yes I do agree that it is stupid to say that rue and caapi is the same.. they are not the same.. they may both work for an entheogenic experience, but they are quite different (for example, tetrahydroharmine is a weak SSRI, which accounts for some specific unique properties of caapi, while rue has very little of it)

This is not to say that rue is less valid or less important, its just different.. I had amazing experiences with ayahuasca, in rituals and alone, and also an amazing experience with rue + freebase dmt... Neither takes the place of the other..

btw, you are right that the shamans consider the caapi vine to be the main ingredient, and even it alone already be called Ayahuasca... but psychotria viridis (or diplopterys cabrerana) are also very very important and present in nearly all of the brews nowadays...

laaddict

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Août 2014
I have personally taken a DMT containing brew while on anti depressants.

I was using Tranylcypromine for depression and I ordered Mimosa Hostilis, this was back in 2009 (I think).
I had an amazing spiritual experience but sadly I ended up in the hospital and I was told that I had serotonin Syndrome. The doctors said I almost died.
I am not suggesting that taking that specific irreversible MAOI--Tranylcypromine--with DMT will cause serotonin syndrome. Instead, I believe that I used more than 20g of MHRB, so I may not have had serotonin syndrome, instead I believe that I just had WAY too much DMT in my system.

Anyways, that was my real life experience with a DMT containing plant and a chemical MAOI. I would suggest sticking with Caapi or Rue.

Abej^a G.

Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
man if you take Ayahuasca (Jurema + Rue) you can't take antidepressants for at least 20 days...