Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

world's largest particle collider passes first key tests

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
CERN was having a huge supercollider for years. My physics teacher always started drooling when he told us about his visit there ;)

Seriously, this new thing is just a larger version for better experiments, but the sheer size of it seems to make people think it was some kind of super-weapon out of a Marvel comic or something. Actually it's a pretty boring device unless you know exactly how to interpret its outputs (but then it's certainly a revolution in experimental physics)

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
restin a dit:

haha have you read the source code of this site?

:lol: programmers have jokes now??? The world MUST have ended..

"if the lhc actually destroys the earth & this page isn't yet updated
please email [email protected] to receive a full refund"

Should we email him? lol

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Nothings happening at the moment because its broken . The cool system has shit out .

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Possibly waiting until 2012 to reactivate? ;)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Groovy technology and wonderfully reliable experts if they cant even get the fridge going .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Only a week after it had been started, LHC, world's biggest particle smasher, had to be stopped on Wednesday because of an electrical fault, as CERN officially announces.

The recent failures of the LHC staff haven't even been forgotten yet, and a new one comes to increase the world's doubts related to the functioning and the outcome of this whole universe-understanding event. At this level of experiment magnitude, device dimensions and international scientists' implication, failures should not be an option. The people involved – some of the smartest in the world, as they say, at least in the fields associated to the endeavor – should have everything covered, fixed and prepared before launching any test. But it seems this is not the case.

Within just a few hours from its famous launch, the 30-ton transformer that had to keep LHC cool (below 2 degrees Kelvin, near absolute zero, about -271 degrees Celsius or -456.25 degrees Fahrenheit) broke, and the emperature went up from below 2 to 4.5 Kelvin. This is unbelievably cold by any standard, even colder than the outer space, but still too warm for the

accelerator to function properly. This unimaginable temperature allows electrical currents to overcome resistance, which makes electro-magnet powering cheaper and easier.

The problem was kept far from the eyes and ears of the media until recently, when CERN issued a statement following the insisting attempts of the Associated Press to dig up on defection rumors. In the respective statement, CERN, the organization in charge of the LHC, assured everyone that the broken transformer had been replaced and that the tunnel's ring had been cooled back to its proper temperature. A CERN spokeswoman explained AFP that the LHC "is still in commissioning phase, it's a very complex tool and it's normal for there to be stoppages."

Despite the common view, world's scientists back up CERN and its project, claiming that complications should be expected to occur in running such an immense and complex device. Steve Giddings, physics professor at University of California, Santa Barbara states that "This is arguably the largest machine built by humankind, is incredibly complex, and involves components of varying ages and origins, so I'm not at all surprised to hear of some glitches. It's a real challenge requiring incredible talent, brain power and coordination to get it running." In the same regard, Judith Jackson, spokesperson for the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois, LHC's main competitor, says, "We know how complex and extraordinary it is to start up one of these machines. No one's built one of these before and in the process of starting it up there will inevitably be glitches. These things happen. It's a little setback and it sounds like they've dealt with it and are moving forward."

This malfunction makes us think that the LHC is open for other similar glitches, which may mean that it is possible for the final experiment from October 21st to be postponed for an undetermined period. Worse still, what if that goes wrong? In the meantime, though, scientists worldwide are making preparations for a visit to the border between Switzerland and France during the last decade of October.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its now been turned off for at least 2 months for check uos and repairs .

Wow ! They sound realy compatent and it realy does boost my confidence...........

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
GOD a dit:
Its now been turned off for at least 2 months for check uos and repairs .

Wow ! They sound realy compatent and it realy does boost my confidence...........

i thought that they did a successful test run with a single electron through it on the 10th?? how would it be off for 2 months? i must be missing something...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
unneeded bad press...

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
end of the world COULD be swallowed by a black hole; if you were by the way you would instantly die even before you reached the event horizon and become spaghettified into a worm hole! (One can dream!) and take into consideration the science paradigm (Newton vs. Einstein) for example, newton was wrong about gravity, a fundamental principle of our reality and existence. No one really knows what the inside of a black hole looks like or whats on the other side if there is one. Yes blackholes arent so black you see. They are invisible to us at a macroscopic level and surrounded by a Pulsar I believe, feel free to correct me. Although they can detect microscopic blackholes with electron microscopes they too are invisible(YES WE CAN MAKE BLACKHOLES ALREADY, and teleportation was achieved a decade ago, LOL). Nothing black about em! Its just the black death, or birth? I'll give you my physics theory; we know that in the center of every single galaxy in the universe there remains a super-massive dormant or active black hole. This suggests that the elements such as helium, hydrogen, oxygen and all the other exotics (the building blocks of life) came into existence (possibly through the black hole) and outwards similar to the model suggested by the Big Bang theory. Spewing out lifes raw material planets formed and life somehow began. Now think about the end of a galaxies life, they all end in a super-massive black hole. And somewhere else out there in the universe a galaxy appears out of no where. Possibly the reincarnation of galaxies, connected through worm holes.

So back to the point of my article of the topic;
If newton was wrong about gravity, and if Copernicus was wrong about the shape of the planet, these scientists can think they are right all they want, they can still be wrong. Look at quantum mechanics! Also, if history doesn't repeat then why does a scientists validated experiment always give consistent results, and to be held as an epistemic empirical fact. In other words when you turn on the faucet you can expect it to turn on again. As I posted earlier the galaxy is speeding towards more chaos, which can be examined statistically around the world.

*They do not know for an absolute fact that this experiment will not produce a black hole large enough to live long enough to begin the consumption of spacetime around it. Meaning you, the ground, the air, your entire reality would pulled into it mind you.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Now im freaked out that time may speed up drastically aging everything and everyone to nonexistance as a possible result. Not to depress anyone, I do appologize.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" teleportation"

Is that speed psychosis or have you evidence ?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
OK , thanks . Now i understand . But that isnt teleportation . Teleportation is moveing something , not just copying its movements , over a distance . Like beaming someone in startrek .

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Sorry been busy.

_40279873_teleportation_info416.gif

If that is possible, beam me up scotty is possible.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
FluidDruid a dit:
*They do not know for an absolute fact that this experiment will not produce a black hole large enough to live long enough to begin the consumption of spacetime around it. Meaning you, the ground, the air, your entire reality would pulled into it mind you.

do YOU know THAT for an abosolute fact? i would like a link to look at if possible, because everywhere else i've looked at this bit of info, it's twisted quite the other way around... not to be condescending, im genuinely interested.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
adrianhaffner a dit:
FluidDruid a dit:

do YOU know THAT for an abosolute fact? i would like a link to look at if possible, because everywhere else i've looked at this bit of info, it's twisted quite the other way around... not to be condescending, im genuinely interested.

Read about paradigm shifts. We don't truly know anything about the Quantum world, and that is what I was getting at..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Does that mean you are just saying you dont know anything ?