Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

why do people say trips from shrooms and lsd differ?

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i have tried both and the experience felt exactly the same. i have used lsd seven times and shrooms just once.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
they are similar, but there are differences. lsd always is a lot clearer for me, the hallucinations tend to be one-pointed, more colorful, the trip is more energetic, whereas shrooms always make me more drowsy and there are fewer hallucinations. lsd is a lot easier to handle.
shrooms are a lot more serious for me.

I've had way better times (and more insightful ones) on lsd. it's easier to let go.
and lsd doesn't taste nearly as awful as shrooms.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
man i have to write a bit.. since i've only been had access to the mush lately as acid has dried up in these parts i've been trying to put into words the differences and they are there. :p i've heard of fabled double-blind tests where people were given lsd, dmt and 4-HO-DMT and couldn't tell the difference.. but.. i did lsd quite a few times before i got my first batch of shrooms. i remember taking shrooms thinking 'this will be like lsd!' and boy it just was not.

anyway, lsd activates my sense of touch and synaesthesia far more than that of mushrooms. lsd is far, far more sensual and more of a body trip for me even at low doses. i have experienced full body euphoria on lsd twice and never on mushrooms. likewise i find it more energizing and slightly easier on the body.

lsd has a prominent psychoanalytical edge. it took many tries for me to find this on mushrooms (yeah it is there) wheras on lsd it came out with the first trip. i think it is largely because the mushroom trip is so much shorter, you don't get that intense introspective second half of the trip that comes with acid, where the visuals are fading but the mental effects are still just as strong (if not stronger somehow even). i reallllly miss that powerful second half of the trip when i've only had mushrooms available for a while.

i even find the visual effects different. mushrooms give me the spinning mandela. even low doses of acid tend to open me up into complex, ever morphing organic worlds. i see little blinking crystal patterns on surfaces on mushrooms. on acid i see lengthy complex mandelbrot patterns everywhere.

anyway in the end, different molecules, different flavors of the same great thing :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
st.bot.32 a dit:
i've heard of fabled double-blind tests where people were given lsd, dmt and 4-HO-DMT and couldn't tell the difference..

I have heard that too, but I find that very hard to believe. For starters, the visuals are a bit different on all three substances. Another thing is the length of the trip which is ~6 hours for dmt (orally, with MAOi) to ~12 hours for LSD. You can't fail to notice the difference. They feel different as well. DMT is pure love (tough love, sometimes). Psilocybin is weird and joyful. LSD is analytic and energetic.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I get fucked up on mushrooms, I trip off of LSD is what I've always said. Maybe I have a high tolerance to the effects of psilocybin, but I've finished a pound of wet caps in a night once, and taken 15grams of hyrdo, completely white closed cap mushies and never gotten the strength of trip that I get on even smaller doses of acid. Shrooms make me feel good and the trip is pleasent, but much easier for me to handle

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
acid is the most healing and cleansing drug i have ever taken in terms of giving me the personal insight and clarity i needed to work through some difficult personal issues.

mushrooms on the other hand showed me the beauty of the now, appreciation of the moment. which was likewise healing, in a much less analytical kind of way.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I think any difference matters.

Different molecules.
LSD is a 5HT6 receptor agonist, whereas psilocybin is not.
Different anticipations (maybe).
An LSD experience lasts longer (indirect effects?).
Lower amount of substance taken (less "side"-effects?).
And the potency is harder to estimate.

Gastro-intestinal effects of mushrooms :lol:

And two trips from the same substance can be very different...

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Necridous a dit:
I get fucked up on mushrooms, I trip off of LSD is what I've always said. Maybe I have a high tolerance to the effects of psilocybin, but I've finished a pound of wet caps in a night once, and taken 15grams of hyrdo, completely white closed cap mushies and never gotten the strength of trip that I get on even smaller doses of acid. Shrooms make me feel good and the trip is pleasent, but much easier for me to handle

Im sorry, but i dont believe you... A pound?

and just for the record, shrooms arnt grown hydroponicly.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
trick a dit:
Necridous a dit:

Im sorry, but i dont believe you... A pound?

and just for the record, shrooms arnt grown hydroponicly.
"Hydro" is sometimes mistakenly used to include anything cultivated indoors. Could be what he meant. But yeah one pound man? That's either a ridiculous exaggeration or you were eating inactive shrooms.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
mmm it seems the differences are that subtle. i guess just 1 dose of shrooms can't give me the whole spectrum. i consciously tried to fathom any distinct feeling while on shrooms to contrast with the lsd but was not able. but reading through your experiences makes a lot of sense :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
forkbender a dit:
You can't fail to notice the difference. They feel different as well. DMT is pure love (tough love, sometimes). Psilocybin is weird and joyful. LSD is analytic and energetic.

Exactly :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
In the past where I had done only small to medium amounts of lsd and small amounts of mushrooms I also thought the effect was pretty much the same. Now that I have done a lot more and higher amounts of mushrooms I know that there are major differences. Mushrooms are more dark and serious, I think, LSD is more of a party drug - well, not really, but more in the sense that lsd can be a party drug even in medium doses, while with mushrooms even in lower doses it can be dangerous. Mushrooms are a pure entheogen, I think, while lsd has some party elements. I have never had a really high dose of lsd though, my highest was a full black microdot - where I was pretty spaced out, but still having fun with friends and going out and stuff (although I only remember half of the night). With a higher dose of shrooms the same events would have been frightening to the core.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
:lol:

at low to moderate doses i usually find acid really chill, almost like mescaline. at higher doses.. all i can say is it requires utmost respect.. and it lasts a LOT longer than psilocybin. i think it's because blotter is a lot weaker nowadays, and a lot rarer.. a lot of people have never had the full LSD experience and seriously underestimate LSD. i have had people excitedly telling me about their psilocybin and dmt experiences and i sometimes honestly just shrug when i think of my ego death trip I had on LSD a few years ago. it was easily on par with the experiences they described.

Then there is SWIM who insufflated some microdots and become a subatomic particle, completely out of body for hours (nevermind the subjective passing of time). one has a new respect for this substance after such an experience. :lol:

Anyway all the classic psychedelics really are not to be taken lightly :p

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
To me acidland is more like a giant cartoonworld, although a deadserious one. I like dancing and going outside on acid. I find the closed-eye visuals on acid to be just boring and flat compared to the mushroom visions I've experienced. Mushrooms have also been more chaotic to me.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^it's interesting how that aspect of lsd and psilocybin seems to vary from person to person. even lower doses of LSD have had me traveling through vibrant and detailed morphing organic dreamscapes. (i have really only had good closed eye imagery on mushrooms once--the first time i tried them--oddly enough that was a pretty low dose too. since then i've done far higher doses and even when i was getting wild open eyed visuals I've never gotten the same kind of detailed closed eye organic imagery, it's still interesting, just 2 dimensional and more mathematical somehow)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
in retrospect, when trying to squeeze out of myself something that stood out as different relevant to my previous lsd experiences i can only think about how i felt when i closed my eyes for some seconds. i didn't have much time to do this though since i was with some friends. but what i felt or rather saw was like these threads or strings that morphed out of themselves into my vision, in some kind of self perpetuating fibrous dance. they were not thin but rather like coming out of a heavy rug. they were colored in that ineffable neutral mind color that is not quite black but they did have something of a bluish tone. after some time i became weirded out at the emergent thought that i was seeing the details of the blood circulating through the back of my eyelids.

also, my mouth tasted like shrooms for the whole day. it was not that it was such a foul savor (to me it was not) but that it was such a unique, weird flavor to my mouth. i could not relate it to anything else, you know that thing we do when tasting something new, like saying oh it tastes like x, i couldn't do that. i guess shrooms taste like shrooms. they are their own kingdom after all, aren't they? anyway i was having a constant savory remainder of the fact that omg i just ate magical shrooms (this caused me great thrill and glee) and so my trip was colored accordingly every few minutes; i saw mushroom silhouettes everywhere and i felt wet.

maybe the analytical lsd headspace you guys describe comes from our associations? you know when we ingest shrooms we think well i just ate this very strange thing that sprouts out of soil and one cannot help but think omg did i just poisoned myself? it feels almost invasive to devour this ancient earth-being, and the taste and all that, it sets oneself to thinking those kind of things; instead, with lsd, we think of some guy in a makeshift lab tinkering with test tubes and equations and science and all that. it takes you in a whole different path!

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I agree that the subjective inset, prior to ingestion, can alter any trip greatly in it's character. I'd say despite this given fact, personally to me LSD differentiates itself in being more clinical, calculated, artificial, abstract, clear, lineair, fractalised, less visual than psilocybine mushrooms.

I wouldn't worry about it at all anyway, the main core of entheogenics is that we can experience our identity and senses disconnected from any frame. If they feel similar, then they do.

Btw, I love the taste of dried mushrooms, as well as the bitterness of cactus, rolling my tongue hours later creates mind associations which bring me closer to the spirits of these plants. A mushroom experience without this ''autumn taste'' would be weird. I even get a pleasant gas of the gastrointestinal discomfort which come with them, yeah I'm a weirdo. :rolleyes:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
st.bot.32 a dit:
i've heard of fabled double-blind tests where people were given lsd, dmt and 4-HO-DMT and couldn't tell the difference..

Yeah, but if I remember well, the participants were given pure psilocin. I think that there may be other substances in the mushrooms that could influence the trip.

I want some LSD :(

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
???????? a dit:
maybe the analytical lsd headspace you guys describe comes from our associations? you know when we ingest shrooms we think well i just ate this very strange thing that sprouts out of soil and one cannot help but think omg did i just poisoned myself?[/color

it's possible. however i often take mushrooms in tea or chocolate and don't really notice the taste so much at all, yet the trip was still definitely that of mushrooms.

i think you can use mushrooms in an incredibly analytical way. however like i said with LSD this was immediate. when i took mushrooms i fully expected them to be the same as LSD after reading on the net, and they weren't. i think i had to take mushrooms a good 10-15 times before i found their analytical nature. they took a lot longer to wrap my brain around.

anyway they are completely different molecular structures. In my limited subjective experience, LSD has aspects of both tryptamines and phenylethylamines