Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why are YOU here?

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
<3

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
reason and purpose are human concepts that imho cannot be extended onto (a individual's) life itself, so ultimately i don't believe in a purpose or reason to be here. All human constructs, it's all in the mind.. ?

But that doesn't neccessarily mean i'm an nihilistic bastard with no dreams or hopes :lol:
I've had some experiences where there is a strong feeling. something/someplace inside me that pulls me towards some situation or action and everything feels like it's falling into it's right place. It was a quite physical feeling, in the area of my belly.. Come to think of it, i kind of lost contact with that feeling a while ago.
Sounds kind of contradictory ... :rolleyes:

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
I guess what i wanted to say is that I feel for me purpose does not come from the mind (that could be compressed into a sentence) but that for me it is more something that comes through the senses/experiencing life, and is subject to change.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Here's the long and not very psychonautical reason why I am here:

I have chosen to live somewhat on two sides of the playing field, in odd times I will become a psychonaut, and investigate the deepest reaches of my being, but on the other side, I put away my thoughts of what is what, and where is here, and become a part of society:

I have decided to benefit humanity, and prolong it's existance [if it needs it] by becoming a researcher in one of the following two fields (I can't make up my mind yet), neuropharmacology, or photovoltaic renewable energy.

To go into neuropharmacology would be to take my experiences from all that I have learned from the brain, the mind, and coping with mental illness, and share it to the people that can relate to it for their benefit. I want to see the effect of what has burdened me for so long, help another's, and possibly lift that burden for good, as I seem to have done. I want schizophrenia, pyschosis and alzheimers to be abolished - We can all argue whether these are disease, but the fact that negative connotations exist for all of them, and that many people who have these cannot get proper help, and feel positive effects from treatment is why I would choose this field. I want to help those who are lost or fearful of something that does not even truly exist. Of course we can do this psychologically and I would love to do it that way, but there is the benefit of pharmacology in neuro-anatomy as well. The problem however, is that a pill alone is not going to cure you, they have short-term effects that if used properly at the beginning dosages can have extremely beneficial effects - but the problem is people take them as the cure itself, and not a stimulus to push for a cure or treatment. I.E. You take an anti-psychotic or anti-depressant and go to therapy, go to me, speak to me, and this will help. NOT taking the drug alone at your house and sitting and watching TV this will only create your disorder to overlap the effects of neuropharmacology (AND I HATE anti-depressents on the market now - thats why I'm going in this!)

OR! I destroy the foundation of fossil fuels, the burning of plants and animal matter long since dead simply because it's energy to volume ratio is large. That is the same bullshit reason people are taking these pills! One part of the effect of their use is beneficial, but overall, and in the long term, there are side-effects and unwanted outcomes. We must all see this, that all actions on this scale have more than just one reaction. We are (on here) aware of this - but we still do not see the multiple effects of opening your refrigirator door, or taking a minute longer hot shower than usual. This has to be known, but IF we convert all our energy consumption to the sun, to forces powered by the sun - besides the degredation of photosynthesis, we will live as well as be aware of efficiency. Across my street there is a stadium that has a 2 story large TV, and about a quarter mile by 10 feet high long string of TV's that are on constantly. NOBODY can see them, yet they are constanly on. WHY? If I go into renewable energy I want to promote awareness of this retorgrade thinking, and abolish this nonsense of developing biofuels and even fuel cells. Photovoltaics and wind energy are the only clean energies, everything else has such a large effect on the Earth with our numbers in the billions that we cannot sustain our growth with their usage.

Ok end rant. I was practicing for an interview, and I actually just started to ramble... Sometimes its good, sometimes not so good.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I'm here 'cause i have nothing better to do with my life than go on internet forums to feel good about myself laughing at people's insanity and thinking that it doesn't matter anyway because what's sane?
i was born off my mother's and father union and i kinda like some people's comments on this forum we could all go on and on all day long writing about our views however we never reach a climax or common answer to a question or solution to a problem because it's all goddamn theoretical and subjective it frustrates me how all threads end up polarizing into 2 or more parallel lines that keep throwing answers at eachother all great for consideration but in the end just the product of rhetoric and far from the initial idea.
feeling down today
good luck reading without commas and periods.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
We all do once in a while.

Personally, I have come to really, possibly a hundred insights from this website that really DID matter, and didn't just enforce what I already knew.

And not to swipe away your post but, I wanted to know why you are here, on earth - what purpose have you given yourself. Why do you deserve to consume the food, the energy of this planet, while others starve?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
Adrian - When will you start... or have you? (Besides this website)

i started the first time i made my own life-style decision, it was the end of 8th grade. my mom was ignorant and sheltered, never having a real job due to children and failed marriages. i vowed to be nothing like that, and that i would try to change the things that i saw unfit to exist in this world, from as educated a standpoint as i can have. dont get me wrong, it wasn't an overnight ordeal at all. i was depressed for many years, frustrated by being held back by various obstacles, physical and mental.
but after awakening (and then delving into the world of mind altering substances), that feeling that i could really do something, change something, merely by living, helped me forge an idea of purpose for myself. i abolished suicide as an option, noting that if i should die, it would be right up in the grimy face of the things i oppose, with me using the whole of my being to force change in it, and nothing less.

the only question left is, how to go about changing things? on a smaller scale, i try to be careful of how i act toward others, i try to be extremely considerate and empathetic, as well as making sure to spread wisdom and knowledge when i can, or when its appropriate. on a larger scale, i've been building and am constantly editing the best framework i can at this very moment, so far the two main paths i see are either biology, or technology, but every now and then i like to entertain ideas of more direct approaches if you get me :twisted:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Adrian, I have to say I relate to you more than anyone else on this forum, I hope that doesn't make you feel bad :wink:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
WHY ARE YOU HERE it is a question you could answer with millions of possibilities if you'd create your own assumptions of whether it'd needed to be defined by something/someone else or whether it'd needed to be defined by you. even if your reasons for existing would be defined by something/someone else you still could relate to that in your own chosen way. but as too many choices often somehow narrow the motivation to choose in the first place, the process of asking yourself this question would probably be balanced in many cases by the imagination of the either imagined or actual possibilities and the constantly forming associations to the residual self image and the overall self image combined with setting these factors into a relation which includes you and everything else.
so we could say by asking this question to ourselves we'd almost expand our consciousness, but we are more inclined to say that by asking this question we'd start seeing our lives more like roads, paths, rivers and ourselves like something that is carrying itself along such ways. i think this question is one of those which can be like an anchor for motivated obsessive schizophrenic thought processes whatever that might be anways.... so to spin the metaphor on i suggest that being aware in what havens you drop your anchor might be beneficial, yet always keeping in mind the actual possibilities of your ship without letting it be capsized, mutinied or be be entered by enemy ships...

peace :weedman:

OutThisLife

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Fev 2010
You'll see why I'm here. You'll also see why you're here, if you have not yet.

Those who are awake already understand and are preparing (or are already prepared). Those who are not awake will enjoy a show.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I'm here (on Earth) because my mother gave birth to this body and so far it somehow survived. I think I have the right to feed myself by killing other organisms, because that seems to be the way nature works. I just have to make sure I do so in a responsible way. This is why I live a relatively modest life.

Although I'm willing to accept that my life has no other purpose than to maintain myself and produce healthy offspring (again, the basic activities of animals and other living organisms), I sometimes get the feeling that my body, mind and intellect (my current avatar) have purposefully gone through processes (voluntary and involuntary training) that may be of use to other human beings. I sometimes feel protected (physically, financially and so on), almost as if this body, mind and intellect of mine are precious to existence, at least for the time being. Perhaps even the way I experience life is a vantage point that existence doesn't want to miss out on.

I don't let a day go by without learning something new. I also try my best to not let a day go by without making some kind of meaningful contribution. This may all sound pretty pretentious, but when you do it for a couple of decades, you get very interesting results. Looking forward to the future!

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
im here for Burger King...thank god for Double Whoppers with Bacon YEAH!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
avatar thanks for being honest, I think that was the most honest post I've heard from multiple forums where I've asked this.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
I am here, because i think i exist to fill this ship with preferential precious gifts i got from my family. the purpose flows from the cornucopia into the cup like water flows from a fountain to the ocean. then there's also the blood which's flow seems to be more viscous, however i will certainly never forget the colour of the fire that ignited the pulsating rhythms of the harps that play in the bubbles that appear to extend beyond my perceived perceptional boundaries.