Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Who is lobbying the Federal Government to KEEP Drugs ILLEGAL?

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I have always wondered why so much effort was put into the war on drugs! In a capitalist society they must know that it is all about supply and demand, and with almost 400 million people and so many people who use, it will be impossible to stop. So I wonder if the South American and Mexican cartels are funding lobbyists to ensure that drugs stay on the black market. They are making to much money to throw a huge chunk of their profits down the drain by opening it up and regulating it. The war on Pot and medical marijuana is weak, the Federal Government is using the commerce clause to trump states rights, if you read the commerce clause it is a laugh to apply it to circumvent the states rights.

All in all it sounds fishy to me, just wanted to know what you all thought about this!

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
anybody with their hand in a honey jar is going to lobby for drugs to stay illegal. the cartels, big pharma, etc. it looks like a "war" but when the higher up on both sides are winning, and no one fighting on either side is winning, not the people dying or the people who hold religious beliefs, then how does one consider that war? i consider that mass murder for profit.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
You know after 40 years you would think that this kind of stuff wouldn't get me aggravated, but it still does. I do not agree with everything on both sides of the fence, what I do agree with is common sense, unfortunately I do not see any at the government level at all.

XuXa

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Jan 2014
i think that with Uruguay legalizing the magical herb and most other South American nations looking to follow suit we finally are starting to win the war. You see its not so much the cartels that lobby for it, but the powerful governments. By keeping drugs illegal, they make the cartels strong, once those are strong, the weak governments in the 3rd world have no choice but to allow UK, USA France etc in so they can help sort the problem out