Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

where is the soul ?

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
where does it live ?

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Throughout the organism.

Much depends on your definition of "soul" though. Generally it will be useless looking for one particular location. Consciousness tends to pervade fields or networks, like the nervous system, or the sphere of one's attention.

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
So, we are our soul or is the soul separated from the body ? From CaduceusMercurius said, i concluded that they are together.

druglessdouglas, perhaps Ray Charles knew it.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I have heard the Pineal Gland referd to as "The Throne or Seat of The Soul".

Rick Strassman has also emphasized this in DMT - The spirit molecule, As he believes that upon birth, death or extreme stress the Pineal Gland se-cretes DMT.

The Bible say's the Blood, I cant remember the exact passage but it basicly says that the blood of an animal shall not be consumed for it holds the life of the animal. Hence why Jehovah Witnesses dont believe in blood transfusions.

But to be honest, I think its made up of a few things. What exactly I dont know, So where it sits I cant imagine?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I think its on the shelf somewhere between Blues and Funk..............

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Every machine has a soul. It consist of algorithms so it's not "somewhere" it's an abstraction.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
So the soul is , is in the electrical activity in the nerves ?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
GOD a dit:
So the soul is , is in the electrical activity in the nerves ?
Partly, yes. I believe even simple chemical reactions have a soul, originating from their system of action. It's everything between input and output. If you take this further this theory implies that consciousnes consists of sub-consciousnes, sub-sub-consciousnes, infinitly...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
So , a series of levels of under programs ? Where does it end ? ( Or does it eventualy disapear up its own bum ????? Or does it go in a circle ? ) .

Define soul .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I don't really think there is a beginning or an end to the soul. Every action in this world creates a piece of soul. A deciding, processing abstraction. The soul processes different reasons of action to different outcomes. Our souls have been hugely amplified by evolution.

I think the hardest part in understanding the soul, mind consciousnes,... is that we have to use our soul to understand our soul. We think we're special because we are we.

Take a ladder of evolution from chemical to human. What creature in there was the first with a soul? It has always been there.

Spores

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Sept 2008
Meduzz a dit:
I recently noticed my idea of the soul is simmilar to that of Francis Crick. I'd like to read his book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Astonishing_Hypothesis

I think he mixes up the Soul with the Mind.
And maybe the mechanisms that science has found have some ipmlication on our awareness and feelings and experience on this plane of existence, but I think the Soul goes much beyond our experience "here"

But ofcourse I haven't read the book....

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Philosophically, the concept 'soul' goes back to the distinction between mind and matter, originally posed by Plato(nism) and renewed as a distinction between soul and body in a somewhat Christian attempt by Descartes. 'Soul' always denotes something different than the body, as it exists beyond it in a spaceless dimension. This distinction itself is questionable. It can be an eye-opener to look beyond concepts into dualities that don't make sense.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" in a spaceless dimension."

Wot ? Like imagination , intelligence , the "Ego/ich" and thoughts ? Pin them down . They are all dependant on body -> brain-> mind . Soul / psyche are qualitys of that wich is aware , that wich watches . The light , the link between here and now , consciousness , me and the god that you find if you peal off all the layers of charakter , personality and identity .

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
Meduzz, if the soul is a "byproduct" of chemical reactions, why should we think that we are special, in the first place ? why has our soul created that illusion ?

Sticky, so the soul lives inside our head, in the pineal gland ? what about the rest of the body, is it soul-less except in very specific periods, triggered by some event ? It is like Santa, then!

Forkbender, if you meant the Archetype theory developed by Plato (that I belive was a inevitable consequence of the Eleusis Mysteries), later distorted by catholic church since Aurelius Augustinus until the 1500's Renaissance, that Descartes obviously adapted to solve the problem of identity (cogito ergo sum), giving the Rationalist-Empirist (then two thousand year old) war a new hope, i wish to ask you this: why would Descartes say that "I think, therefore, I am", if he belived that the mind was separated from the body ? Doesn't that automatically destroy Christianism, because it would made our souls independent from the Holy Ghost ? What is Descartes' relation to the thought of Plato ?

Is the soul separate from the body ? Are we our souls ? Or are we bodies that are commanded from a soul, let's say, in a "spaceless dimension", or a tiny orange man inside our heads, dialing flashing buttons and pushing big levers ?
If it is as simple as i am told, why is it so hard to explain, and almost intangible to understand ?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
5553b4442 a dit:
Meduzz, if the soul is a "byproduct" of chemical reactions, why should we think that we are special, in the first place ? why has our soul created that illusion ?
I don't think the soul is boring. I think everything is special. The more souls look alike, the easier to recognise it as a soul. Like dogs or cats, plants are a bit harder... Fungi have neuron-like mycelia and neurotransmitter-like alkaloids...

GOD, a spaceless dimension is like an abstraction. Where is math itself? Where is love? Where is the feeling of pain itself? If your leg hurts, does it in fact really hurt in your head where the pain is oberved?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
5553b4442 a dit:
If it is as simple as i am told, why is it so hard to explain, and almost intangible to understand ?
Try to learn a computer how the computer works. Then it should also understand how it learned how it works, and how that learning works, and how that learning works,...

Not many tools work well on themselves.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I understand whats being said . We are talking about things / concepts that cant be pinned down . In the end they are all products of or pats of mind / consciousness and have their home or the part of the home that is in the body in the brain .