Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What exactly IS a psychonaut?

Sir_Bluntar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
From what I have read on wikipedia I came to believe that I could be considered a psychonaut, but can someone please tell me it truly is?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Someone who navigates the mind. So depending on your definition of mind it could be a select group of people who are fully aware of what they are doing or it could be everyone. :lol:

Sir_Bluntar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
There is another thing, I always wonder about the mind, I wish I new what it IS, I ask myself things like where it is, where it goes, and how it is connected/different from the brain. I want to find other people then my close friends who are in the same mindset.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i have some questions to you all about the mind:

do you think we will ever figure out the mind?
could a computer figure out how it works?

when is a system complex enough to figure out it's own complexity?

and if you think it's possible, do you hope we figure it out?

Sir_Bluntar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
Meduzz a dit:

I think we might possibly figure out the mind, I dont think a computer could figure out how it works, I have no idea, yes.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Understanding the mind is as easy as understanding yourself.
The more simple the explanation, the better the understanding.
Generating extensive complexity only further clouds the ability to understand yourself.

Everything will be understood when you truly realise who you are.

Peace.

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Its exploring your mind to educate yourself of its true nature, and the nature of life the universe and everything

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Sir_Bluntar a dit:
Meduzz a dit:

I think we might possibly figure out the mind, I dont think a computer could figure out how it works, I have no idea, yes.

The mind is the only thing that is there. Will we figure it out? I reckon it is the thing we are doing collectively.

Sir_Bluntar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
I like this site, so many smart people in one place(figuratively since it is via the web)

G

Invité
i have read some interesting questions here...but we are forgetting the most important one: WHY should we understand our mind ?
maybe it is not my mind, but our mind. it is there, the eternal and unquestioning consciousness. why should we try to understand it ?
when we have to cross the street, we don't stop in the middle of the road and try to understand why our legs have to move, and why do we have to put one foot in front of the other. we do, we walk, we reach the other side of the road, and that's enough. i simply cannot see where is the difference in walking and understanding our minds.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
daytripper a dit:
i have read some interesting questions here...but we are forgetting the most important one: WHY should we understand our mind ?

I think that you cannot be mindful unless you know what it is you are and since mind is part and parcel of who we are, knowing mind is part of knowing ourselves.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
knowing the mind might lead to knowing the purpose of life.

and if we knew the purpose of life, life would be quite boring wouldn't it?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Meduzz a dit:

There is no purpose to life, it just lives beautifully.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Forkbender a dit:

that's why i said "may", because i don't know and you don't either :p

we have been created by evolution, by causality.
but if you take quantum mechanics in account, the purpose creates the reaction.

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Meduzz a dit:

I think every existence has some purpose, so it wouldn't even exist (But we are no more or less then the turd we trow down).
Not necesseraly an objective or some "goal" (witch I think people are to deep in that thought that everything has to have some goal or some "feeling" or "viewable" objective at the end of this or that. That's why everybody is so competitive)
I believe on ethernal "what ever we are" and you will be as much now as you were before you were "born" and after you "die". It can have some connection with your statement I think nothinguess it's much more tranquilizing and healing for my clarity of thoughts and for what I feel (witch I think feeling it's an huge illusion).

But in other hand, that idea that life has no purpose. Comes, somehow, to ease even more what can be felt when you reach emptiness and awareness with things. I think we become even less "Thing" than the things we dare to detract.
But as I said above, emptiness/nothingness brings, to me, more tranquilizing thoughts and feelings.

expedion

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Jan 2008
Forkbender a dit:
daytripper a dit:

I think that you cannot be mindful unless you know what it is you are and since mind is part and parcel of who we are, knowing mind is part of knowing ourselves.

We must know because we can. The rest is up to the individual to decide what to do with that knowledge.

- Expedion

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
A psychonaut travels through the realms of the psyche. Those who wish to understand the dynamics of the mind are psychologists or psychoananalysts. The two fields might overlap, but they are not the same. One can have an immensely succesful trip even without coming up with any theory on the nature of the mind.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Yet I do believe that an understanding of the mind helps the traveler on his adventures.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Forkbender a dit:
Yet I do believe that an understanding of the mind helps the traveler on his adventures.

yeah but an unknown forrest is more fun to walk in and discover things.

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Meduzz a dit:
yeah but an unknown forrest is more fun to walk in and discover things.

But our trying to understand our mind is exactly that.
I think we are constantly trying to stand more and more about what is exactly the meaning of life, for what do we exist, what is the root for everything, etc.. in an endless list of questions and doubts.
But thats the magic of life, for me at least. It's You trying to find out Your own Truth. But as I said, do we ever catch the draggon? :p