Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Use of drugs in Amsterdam night clubs decreasing

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Drugs in clubs on the decline, alcohol use the same

In nightclubs in Amsterdam usage of drugs has decreased significantly over the past five years. That's the conclusion of the University of Amsterdam, which (on behalf of the Dutch Jellinek Institute for Addiction Research) has kept track of the nightlife in Amsterdam for sixteen years.

According to the researchers the past five years gave rise to a 'new soberness' in the nightlife. This doesn't apply to alcohol, however, which is being consumed as much as it has always been. But the use of drugs is currently an exception rather than the rule.

But the clubs have an 'inexhaustible' supply of alcohol. The researchers pointed out that there is a continuous introduction of new drinks, or that older drinks are again promoted. Only one out of ten visitors sticks to sodas. The rest drinks an average of six glasses of alcohol.

Amongst the 'drugs' cannabis is still the most popular, followed by Ecstasy and cocaine. Ecstasy use was most widespread in 1998, but since then this has decreased significantly. Nowadays it's only taken on 'special occasions'. Eight out of ten club visitors sticks to alcohol, or at most smokes a joint.

For the research 32 enthusiastic clubbers and club employees are interviewed twice a year. For the data collected last year 648 clubbers in Amsterdam answered a set of questions.

Source: Drugs in clubs on the decline, alcohol use same

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Drugs in clubs on the decline, alcohol use the same
According to the researchers the past five years gave rise to a 'new soberness' in the nightlife. This doesn't apply to alcohol, however, which is being consumed as much as it has always been.
[/url]

Its not so strange with that "zero tolerance policy being searched inside out" u see a lot last years, offcourse people will stay with alcohol that way :x

I hope that list of harmfull drugs made some time ago will be a good inspiration for a change

Yanosh

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Sept 2006
It's funny because I would like to say that its kind of the opposite in france...from my point of view (and maybe because of the exhorbitant price of the drinks like 11€ 25cl of mojito :lol: its not the 3€ beer of Rdam waterfront you know ), I have the impression of a chemical tsunami like a lot of people on m, coke, speed, etc...

I mean for 13€ a small whiskey cola here in Paris, belive me most come with chemicals in da pocket....

it's kinda normal here, like medecines in more and more people minds...just glurps or sniff the healthy stuff :)

intersting study btw :wink:

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
IMO clubs in Amsterdam...

1980 / 1989 - Hashish and Cocaine

1989 / 2000 - Xtc

2000 / 2009 - GHB and Cocaine

Alcohol has always been there, although the use of alcohol decreased a bit when E was on it's peak in populairity.

Amphetamine never gained much popularity in Amsterdam but it definitely did in Rotterdam since the 90's.

Outside the club scene and interesting for our notion, LSD (after 1970 mostly in neighbourthood centres) and opium (small Chinese communities) were popular till 1975. The people who remained from the 60's closed the hippie time permanently in the mid 70's.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
problem is the quality of the merchandise is going down the pan!

so for that reason, why bother?

why waste your money?

The cost of these designer drugs has dropped significantly so they should be plentiful, but whilst back in the day the cost was higher, so was the quality and content.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea and my point of view.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It has to do with tolerance and losing the naive mindset of the psychoactive. Blue triangles contain 141 mg of merely MDMA and these were all over the country since 2005. Also MDMA crystals are available nowadays but back in the days this wasn't the case.

The older people who usually claim that the 'good' expensive pills are gone have just had their time. The brain adapts VERY quickly to E and it seems impossible to lose. I do have an acquaintance though who took a pill when he turned 30 while his last prior to that one was at the age of 20. It came close to his first times but not as in the same overwhelmed way. I don't know however what his overal use was.

I have only done MDMA 10 times seperated over a period of more than 5 years, but ever since the 5th time, the euphoria was just much less. I took off 4/6 months between every experience.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
In nightclubs in Amsterdam usage of drugs has decreased significantly over the past five years.

Interesting. I stopped going to night clubs about five years ago.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Ecstasy use was most widespread in 1998, but since then this has decreased significantly. Nowadays it's only taken on 'special occasions'.

This is was almost everybody who had their first x on a great party realized, you shouldn't do this every weekend, then went on for two years, doing it every weekend :)

I certainly get this, I'm doing mdma on an avarage of once per 18 months and then it really is a 'special occasion'.

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
Maybe this is going to lead to the decline of drugs like ecstasy and eventually lead to its unpopularity and it might go into obscurity

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
Yanosh a dit:
It's funny because I would like to say that its kind of the opposite in france...from my point of view (and maybe because of the exhorbitant price of the drinks like 11€ 25cl of mojito :lol: its not the 3€ beer of Rdam waterfront you know ), I have the impression of a chemical tsunami like a lot of people on m, coke, speed, etc...

I mean for 13€ a small whiskey cola here in Paris, belive me most come with chemicals in da pocket....

it's kinda normal here, like medecines in more and more people minds...just glurps or sniff the healthy stuff :)

intersting study btw :wink:
i dont really buy much alchie (i'm 18 in a place with 21 legal limit) but i bought a jack and coke at a club and shit was 9 bucks. and i felt litterally nothing from the drink (and my tolerance really isnt *that* big) so it's like either 18 dollars to get a buzz or 10 to be thizzin my face off
decisions decisions

LittleLinda

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Nov 2010
To be honest I'm of a very similar opinion as the rest here. Alcohol has always been there and will always be there. The use of other drugs is also there, the drug just changes every ten year or some such. A pity its not as easy anymore to ge high quality good stuff, there is a far greater risk now a days to just buy junk. The only possible was is to have a reliable source, a cicrle of friends that you trust. Everytime I go to amsterdam I try to live like the locals with my own apartment rented in amsterdam and my own 'special friend'. Thats the only was it works.

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
TheBarn a dit:
problem is the quality of the merchandise is going down the pan!

so for that reason, why bother?

why waste your money?

The cost of these designer drugs has dropped significantly so they should be plentiful, but whilst back in the day the cost was higher, so was the quality and content.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea and my point of view.[/quote/]

So true, thats why I quite years ago, not really by choice but lack of being able to find anything that ya didnt have to get at ;east 10 of to get any real effect.

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
Brugmansia a dit:
It has to do with tolerance and losing the naive mindset of the psychoactive.
Blue triangles contain 141 mg of merely MDMA and these were all over the country since 2005
( I havent seen one since 2000, Just sayin).

Also MDMA crystals are available nowadays but back in the days this wasn't the case.
(Id have to disagree with ya there)

The older people who usually claim that the 'good' expensive pills are gone have just had their time.
(Well maybe not in your area, but it is much less common now to find good pills, used to be more common to find good ones then but now its about exactly opposite odds of what it used to be comparing chances of getting quality to junk.)

The brain adapts VERY quickly to E and it seems impossible to lose.
(Im not disagreeing there, but not in 100% agreement either, But I notice the difference in inexperienced usees just as much as old skoolers, that it takes more or either its likely your getting something being misrepresented, so for those reasons just fromm my experience with people, they are sought after much less cuz of the high probability they arent gonna be worth it, since even now there are usually 20$ each on average,)

I do have an acquaintance though who took a pill when he turned 30 while his last prior to that one was at the age of 20. It came close to his first times but not as in the same overwhelmed way. I don't know however what his overal use was.

I have only done MDMA 10 times seperated over a period of more than 5 years, but ever since the 5th time, the euphoria was just much less. I took off 4/6 months between every experience.

F

flella

Invité
I well understand it. I can help with the question decision. Together we can come to a right answer.