Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

trying to break through....

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
are some people just not capable of having these out of the world mind-blowing experiences? i've been trying for a little over a year now, came real close on a high dose of mushrooms and a lot of pink floyd, but never close to the stories that i hear, read about, or see first hand.

shit, last night i smoked DMT for the first time that's been going around town now for a while. it's been getting crazy hipe so i knew it was the real thing. but it didn't really take me anywhere.. of course i'll be trying it again next weekend probably if i run into the right people... to me, all it felt like was like 20 or 30 or so of those hofmann blotters being dumped into my brain instantly. i was completely euphoric and my world was spinning with a kaleidoscope-like look to it, but that was all that really happened. i stayed there for about 10 minutes before coming back to reality. no bouncing back and forth from pluto, though, like these crazy trip reports i read.

as far as first hand experiences go: a buddy and i were smoking some 20x salvia one night out of his bong. we were taking turns so that the other could spot the other if anything went wrong. well... my friend went first, and after about 5 minutes of just sitting there, he jumps up and starts spinning with his arms stretched out like some little kid doing "the helicopter" or something. mind you, were in a dorm room so he's knocking over fucking everything while he's doing this, so i tackle his ass back into the bed until he comes out of it over the next few minutes.

he explained that he was in a completely different world, and that went it went away, the reason that he was spinning was because he was trying to look back at that world, but it was gone.

as far as my turns went.. well i never left earth or anything. the most intense: i was sitting on the bed with my back against the wall, but for some reason the salvia made me think that i was standing in the middle of a room. so i couldn't understand why there felt like something was laying up against my back (the wall lol) so i start turning my head really slowly to the right as im kind of starting to freak out a little bit... and then finally see the corner of the room and realize that im actually laying up against the wall and that's all that the feeling was.

immediately i started screaming, "IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!" lol

but seriously, i've never really had any truly mind-blowing experiences, such as ego death or something.. mind you i've tried very heroic doses of pretty much every substance except for the 4 that i won't ever touch, those being: heroin, meth, pcp, and crack.

i've even blown some real good coke on a hofmann blotter peak and intense as that was... i didn't jump into another world, i didn't forget who i was, i didn't become the chair that i was sitting in.....

I WANT TO BREAK THROUGH

is it possible??

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
You are probably concentrating so hard on one spot that you don't see the whole horizon...Don't try to get somewhere, relax and let yourself go.

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
restin a dit:
You are probably concentrating so hard on one spot that you don't see the whole horizon...Don't try to get somewhere, relax and let yourself go.

i go with the flow of every trip. i think that's how i've never experienced a bad one. if my thoughts start to go in a bad direction i change the set/setting and move on.

it's just that lately when i trip, i've started to notice that everything has a pattern... it's different, but it seems to work the same way. and i just don't see myself breaking through... i don't know. i'm going to try alot of DMT this upcoming weekend and see how far it takes me

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
"I go with it" vs "I change the...".

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I mean not going with the flow during the trip,, but doing it as a setting. What I seem to read is that you sit before you take the substance and think "NOW I HAVE to break through!". I think you should rather empty your mind...dunno...

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
Yeah, don`t intervine so much.
If you keep rationalising everything, you`re not opening your mind to new possibility`s

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
no.. no.. i don't go into a trip trying my hardest to break through or anything

in my earlier psychedelic days i didn't even know what ego-death was, or if it was possible. i would come up with a completely free and open mind and go where the chemicals would take me.

it's just that now, a year or so later, after doing all this reading of all of these other people's experiences, i can't say that i've even gotten close to what some people have described. especially after finally experimenting with DMT, and that not taking me out of reality. maybe the dose wasn't large enough..

maybe i've just tripped too many times in a short amount of time. i keep finding these patterns....

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
what are you trying to break through?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What drugs do you take ? How much do you take at a time of each drug ? How often do you take them ?

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
Forkbender a dit:

to the other fucking side... lol jk. while i was taking those hits i was just anticipating the world infront of me breaking away and taking me on a ride through my mind at lightning speeds. i guess i just read too much into DMT, and when i finally tried it (the night i made this thread) it just wasn't what i had expected. the next time i do it ill just have to double the dose, then maybe ill find what i was looking for

GOD a dit:
What drugs do you take ? How much do you take at a time of each drug ? How often do you take them ?

mushrooms have always been my "choice" psychedelic, but really this post was made more towards my DMT experiences, which having only done it once, is very limited.

ive just always been afraid of DMT.. expecting it to be so powerful and mind-blowing. and i finally tried it.. and although it was AWESOME, it just wasn't what i had built it up to be.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
kron420 a dit:
Forkbender a dit:

to the other fucking side... lol jk. while i was taking those hits i was just anticipating the world infront of me breaking away and taking me on a ride through my mind at lightning speeds. i guess i just read too much into DMT, and when i finally tried it (the night i made this thread) it just wasn't what i had expected. the next time i do it ill just have to double the dose, then maybe ill find what i was looking for

GOD a dit:

mushrooms have always been my "choice" psychedelic, but really this post was made more towards my DMT experiences, which having only done it once, is very limited.

ive just always been afraid of DMT.. expecting it to be so powerful and mind-blowing. and i finally tried it.. and although it was AWESOME, it just wasn't what i had built it up to be.
Maybe smoke it proper and reconsider the dose?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
kron420 a dit:
Forkbender a dit:

GOD a dit:

your expectation influences your reaction on the drug during the trip, obviously.

also i suppose the patterns of each drug you took, seem to be similar, because of your brain-and-therefore-thinking-pattern, reacting on the drugs...

peace :weedman:

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Mindset is very important, and focussing on 'breaking through' is way too abstract imho.

Think about why you're doing what you're doing and what you are trying to reach with it. It might help thinking this over before you start.

Peace

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
kron420 a dit:
restin a dit:

i go with the flow of every trip. i think that's how i've never experienced a bad one. if my thoughts start to go in a bad direction i change the set/setting and move on.

Lol you contradict yourself... tripping is not all beautiful and fun. If you change the set&setting you change de direction of the trip, and therefore you keep it from becoming more profound, it's like you're trying to stay on the surface = not going with the flow.

Next time your thoughts start to go in a bad direction, don't change anything.

It is often in the most unpleasant parts of a trip that you learn the most.

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
Psychoid a dit:
Lol you contradict yourself... tripping is not all beautiful and fun. If you change the set&setting you change de direction of the trip, and therefore you keep it from becoming more profound, it's like you're trying to stay on the surface = not going with the flow.

Next time your thoughts start to go in a bad direction, don't change anything.

It is often in the most unpleasant parts of a trip that you learn the most.

i see what youre saying. on a night that i dropped a few of those hofmann blotters (the ones with the mountain landscape and then dudes on a bike in the middle) i could literally feel my thoughts being dragged out in these fucked up tangents but it really almost scared me because of how high i was so i tried to keep things under control.

probably could've been a much more profound experience if i let the chemicals take me where they want to take me.

but the set/setting that night was a fucking BAD idea so i didn't really have an opportunity to do so

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dont take any drugs for a week , take care of set and setting , take a big dose in one go , do it in near dark and close your eyes .

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
GOD a dit:
Dont take any drugs for a week , take care of set and setting , take a big dose in one go , do it in near dark and close your eyes .

happening this weekend. my only day-to-day drug use has been pot, and ive decided to abstain for the next week. i really want to see where a solid dose of DMT with a sober mind can take me.

with DMT, do you *need* to close your eyes for it to be really intense, or with your eyes wide open will the world in front of you just melt away?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
kron420 a dit:
with DMT, do you *need* to close your eyes for it to be really intense, or with your eyes wide open will the world in front of you just melt away?

You don't need anyone to tell you that, find out on your own.

robhR

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Fev 2008
I had a similar problem. My problem was that I really only wanted these things to feed my ego. I was all like "first I'll get the ego death, then I'll tell everybody I got the ego death." However it will only come when you are fully prepared to accept all that it entails.

I don't know if it's the same as your problem. All I can say is search yourself for ulterior motives. It's probably as simple as wanting it too much, but at the same time wanting to figure out what exactly you're wanting too much.