Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Thoughts about my first LSD trip

Amaranth

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Déc 2007
Some of you may have read my other topic, http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 86&lang=en. I decided to not post in that one though as I wont go to deep into that perticular subject.

I'll devide this into 4 different sections, this first part I'll go through the actuall trip and what happened, thus explaining a lot of hallucinations and not going so much into thought.

The trip:

Weight: 70kg/154lbs
Previous hallucinogenics experiences: Salvia a couple of times.
Dosage: 2 'acid gas caps'. They're caps that the enzymes in your mouth break down, inside the caps there's a small amount of liquid LSD. The guy I purchased them from is a really reliable source and he claimed that 1.5 caps made his buddy(experienced acid user) pass out.
Setting: In my moms appartment, she was to arrive the day after in the afternoon.

4:50pm
I take the first cap. After about 10 seconds it tastes kind of minty. Not to bad I thought.

+30 minutes
I still don't feel anything whatsoever. I'm starting to think that it might be because I swallowed the cap to soon, or that I'm naturally tolerant to LSD. I figure I should atleast feel somewhat different by now.

+60 minutes
Still don't feel anything what so ever. I'm talking to someone who has taken acid a couple of times and he said that I should atleast be feeling something by now. I figure, what the hell I'll drop another one(yeah, not the smartest thing I know)

+90 minutes
I start to sense that there is something different. Very very subtle though, I can just tell that theres something affecting me

+2 hours(6:50pm)
Somewhat confused about otherwise easily understandable things. Things poeple wrote to me on msn just didn't make any sense.

+2.5 hours
I'm writing on a forum(a closed invite-only forum for selling/buying hallucinogenics) to ask why I'm not getting any effect from this acid. As I'm writing my post I see that the text field grows slightly, the text starts to float around. Nice I thought, I guess this just comes on really slow.

This is where I start to loose track of time. I talk to various people about a bunch of stuff(not confused anymore) I start to feel a weird and slightly uncomfertable sensation in my arms, it feels kind of nice at the same time though. I notice that the keyboard feels like a big cotton ball, without the texture. Writing on it feels like just tapping in the air with just a small bit of resistance. I try putting my hands in mid air, and this felt really awesome, I felt no effort to keep them there, it was as if they where not affected by gravity. The text on my screen shifts from bold to not so bold all the time, I'm still not having any trouble reading it.

I sit here and think of a bunch of things that I need to think about tomarrow, I feel that they're really important and that I've had some sort of realization on how to resolve them, yet for some reason I keep thinking that I should think about it tomarrow.

During this time not a lot of things happen, I just sit around and do nothing. The hallucinations are pretty weak and like I said earlier, mostly I think about things that I need to think about later.

~+5 hours(~10pm)
I decide that I wanna go outside, I'm having some pretty neat hallucinations by now, lights on the roof shifts, I can controll the volume of the music by breathing in/out, the computer screens enlarge when I'm breating in and etc.

For some reason I got stuck on this 50 minute trance session by tiesto and decide that I cannot listen to anything else. Nothing is as good as this is. I try to get it onto my ipod for a while, and when I finally do its time to go, I'm so much into the music that I wont shut it off from the computer untill I'm listening on it on the ipod. I didn't think much of it at the time but now it feels sort of odd that the music was so important.

Outside I don't see many things at all, everything seems pretty normal, except that cars seems to go sort of fast and that I can hear cars from really far away.
I walk towards the park and get a text msg on my phone, I pick it up and I the text seems to go really big and really small really quickly. I read it and keep on walking. I think get the feeling that I might get scared here for some reason, its kind of dark. I conclude the thought that its just me being paranoid, I then see this small trail into a really woody area where there are no lights. I decide to walk it. Just as I set foot on it it becomes really long and I get the feeling that a gnome(??) is watching me from the side of the trail a bit into it, i didn't see it though and why I thought it was a gnome I really have no idea.

I think, hell no. Turn around and starts to walk downtown. On the way there I go back to thinking about all the stuff I need to think about later. Half way there it seems that everyone is looking at me, people driving by in cars. I have no idea if they actually were and that I was walking weird or something, or if I was just imagening they were. Either way I walk home again.

When I get home I feel that it is utterly important to lock the door. I'm somewhat paranoid at this stage. The feeling goes away kind of quickly as I think about other stuff. I resume the music on my computer and turn of the ipod. Realize I have some terrible tensions in my back, its like a springboard! If I threw my arms backwords it was as if they it a wall and bounced back. I decide to lie down on the couch and enjoy the music for a while. The lights on the roof put on a little show for me as I, again, think about things that I need to think about tomarrow. I can't tell how long I lie there, but after a while the tensions in my back gets so bad that I feel I need to do something else to get my mind of it. I go to the computer and talk to some people and watch some milkdrop(visualization software) to tiesto(still the same song).

1am
first time I remember looking at the time since I walked outside. I decide to go to the bathroom to see what my back looks like(its really rock hard by now, very painfull). It's huge! I've never seen my back like that, donnu how "true" I saw it but it was awfully big. I realize that the mirror was kind of fun so I stand there for a couple of minutes just watching myself. I guess most of you know what its like. I could also see some sort of robotics under my skin on my arms, kind of neat.

I walk between the bathroom and my computer for a while trying to get my mind of the back pain.

3am
I feel as if I somewhat have landed now, this is about 10 hours(!) after intake. I'm still thinking about stuff that I need to think about tomarrow.

5am
I go to bed, realize that I'm still hallucinating when I see the patherns on the wall slightly shifting and the fake candles in the window actually look somewhat real.

I still haven't been able to turn of the music by the way.

10am
No tired at all, still having very subtle hallucinations from time to time. I call my sister since we had made plans for today, she says she'll come over at 1pm. I go back to bed and rest for a little longer.

~12am
I fall asleep

1:30pm
Now this is one of the oddest experiences I had. I suddenly, as if I had just started existing in that moment, see my sister half screaming to me "What the hell are you doing?" I think for a couple of seconds trying to comprehend what is happening and the answer "I guess I fell asleep".

Apparently she had called me over and over and over trying to wake me up since I had locked the door. She even rang the doorbell for 1 minute straight(its electric). She had to call my mom which came home and opened for her. Inside she yelled at me trying to wake me up, then shacked me. Still didn't wake me. Finally she really violently shuck me and then I finally woke up, smiled at her with a, what she described, really weird look.

Luckily I sleep really deeply normally and is sort of cookoo normally.

Post trip:
My sister and I was gonna go to a bunch of towns and put up posters for her cmopeny. I was only sort of tired now, not as tired as one would thought one would be after staying up all night. I was very collected and at a good mood. still having tensions in my back, not nearly as bad as the day before though.

About 10pm, all my back tensions were gone and I could finally go to sleep.

Thoughts:

During the trip I was socially a sort of person that I normally try to be in my everyday life, happy, funny, spontaneous and easy to talk to. I was clearly in a different state of mind. I still feel as if I'm 10% of that person now, 2 days later. Which is nice.

I had a really weird feeling while I was tripping, as if I had oponed a box to my mind, to my psyche. Now I was faced with two options, Either I can A: Explore this further and really dwell into my own mind and get a different understanding of the whole universe, I different understanding of life. Or I could B: Close the box and pretend I never looked. Allow me to live the rest of my life as everyone else. This is one of the things I felt I needed to think about the day after. It felt as a choise of the utter most importance. I cant feel that its that important right now, or that it would such a serious decision. I guess I'll have to trust my "tripped up" mind and really think about this decision though. I know this sounds somewhat crazy, but thats how I felt.

Another thing I thought about was how I was sepposed to become a more happy person(read my other thread if you want more information on this =)). And yet again, All I could think of was that this was something I needed to think about once I had landed. Today I feel as if my life actually is picking up, I was in a slight depression prior to my trip, and I was going further down that depression for sure. I don't know why I feel this way today, I feel as if I got a different view of perspective and different way of understanding. I cannot define what it is though, what different perspective I got. I just feel differently towards the whole situation.

During my trip I also had a sense of that everyone opinion is worth something, that no ones opinion should be discarded, no matter how odd or stupid it might sound, because this person does feel this way and has a right to do so. I also felt as if everyone is worth listening to and that everyone holds his own wisdom. It's kind of hard to explain but this is one of the feelings I still feel now, post-trip. I really appriciate this and feel sort of stupid for not realizing this earlier.

Questions:

I have read a lot about other persons tripping, it seems as if they sort of loose controll of themselfs, and that they're having hallucinations of created things, I just had textures shifting and alterations. Higher dosage = more created hallucinations?

I've always wanted to have a "dreamy" type of trip, a sort of state of lucid dreaming, I wouldn't mind passing out and just dream through my whole trip. Expereince other worlds. Can I induce this with acid or must I look for other substances?

How can I tell if I should continue down this path? During my trip I felt as if the decision was really important, as if something was warning me that I might not actually want to learn some stuff. How can I tell what that was? How can I decide wether or not to continue without this information?

How long will I have tolerence, IE, when can I trip again?

Other than that, any comments or feedback is greatly appriciated.

Hope you had time to read the whole post and if so, thank you.

No-Key

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2006
Questions:

I have read a lot about other persons tripping, it seems as if they sort of loose controll of themselfs, and that they're having hallucinations of created things, I just had textures shifting and alterations. Higher dosage = more created hallucinations?

I've never lost control of my actions, I think this stems a lot from a general urban myth level paranoia that comes from random stories about friends of friends of friends who did acid and thought they were birds so they flew off of high places. Patterns are what I mostly get, and breathing. I get what I call a "bloom effect" where trees, flowers, and grass look like they expand in size and contract, but I've never straight hallucinated before. You don't usually see that except in DMT (I've heard) strong salvia trips, and deliriants.

I've always wanted to have a "dreamy" type of trip, a sort of state of lucid dreaming, I wouldn't mind passing out and just dream through my whole trip. Expereince other worlds. Can I induce this with acid or must I look for other substances?

I'm not sure if higher and higher doses will do this, but it can usually be obtained on DMT I've heard. Some folks claim salvia can do it, but it wasn't my experience with the stuff.

How can I tell if I should continue down this path? During my trip I felt as if the decision was really important, as if something was warning me that I might not actually want to learn some stuff. How can I tell what that was? How can I decide wether or not to continue without this information?

I don't think there ever was a person who actually bought themselves into enlightenment with LSD or any other psychedelic for that matter. I think you can delude yourself in that direction, but there is a real jumping off point where you can induce a state of consciousness naturally as opposed to taking a psychedelic.

If you don't want to see any fall off in quality of the trip, I'd say 3 months at least. Some folks say it only takes a week to get over the high immediate cooldown on the stuff, but I think that underestimates the power that a single trip can have. Ever listen to a really good song too much and get to hate it? I wouldn't ever want an entheogen to get that way, and I've been told by burnouts that that is how it gets.

Other than that, any comments or feedback is greatly appriciated.

Nothing is true, everything is learned.

Hope you had time to read the whole post and if so, thank you.

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Amaranth a dit:
This is most likely the case. The visuals people receive on acid tend to be unique to the person as well as unique with the amount of significant dosage increase. I consider the texture hallucination your describing quite a minor lsd visual, the first step on the chain of hallucinations.
Amaranth a dit:
Well you could take xanax and acid to knock you out, but I doubt you'd be able to recall the dream.
Amaranth a dit:
This will have to be completely up to you. You may be telling yourself that you either do or don't sub-consciously, just go with it.[/quote]
Amaranth a dit:
With the trip your describing, I'd say your fine within three days.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
:lol: one says 3 months, one 3 days. Interesting. Physical tolerance is somewhere around 3-7 days, I'd say, but I would never trip again after such short time. If you however, feel that you just haven't reached that level, you might want to do it after a few weeks again.

Loosing control is happening only in sofar the person is willing to loose control. I always stayed in control, because I didn't want to loose it. If you have a sitter I guess it would be easier. My visions are mostly fractalized textures, lights and things like that, but I must say I never had a high dose of acid. Google my nickname and ayahuasca and you will find different stuff.

Maybe you can practice lucid dreaming. There are techniques. There are also psychoactives that can help. You can do it on a trip, but I would suggest some sort of sensedeprivation (eyemask/earcovers) to enhance the imagery.

I have never heard of someone passing out because of acid. This seems weird to me. Also the comeup seems terribly long. Perhaps it's some sort of phenethylamine instead???

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Forkbender a dit:
:lol: one says 3 months, one 3 days. Interesting.
Yeah, definently not three months. I've heard the three weeks thing before, and I suppose that may be true to get every single remembrance of lsd molecule from your system, but the waiting that long has never proven necessary to me.

My experience with all the lsd me and my friends have done, within 3 days if you trip again you won't feel any tolerance. In fact one of my friends was able to trip the day after a significant trip and said it was only slightly lighter then the previous days. Quite unique, but maybe it has to do with the acid quality?

Forkbender a dit:
I have never heard of someone passing out because of acid. This seems weird to me.
Interestingly enough its possible, but I think it gives you a huge advantage to be extremely tired or just very willing to do this. I've managed to fall alsleep while still signifigantly tripping with visuals, it took a very long time and alot of meditation-like practicing to get there.
Forkbender a dit:
Also the comeup seems terribly long. Perhaps it's some sort of phenethylamine instead???
Actually that sort of come up seems to be common with strong blotters. I tripped just a few nights ago off some very strong blotters, and they always provide a very unique powerful trip were the most intense points and visuals seem to occur after the peak. It took a full six hours to reach the crazy-point of those blotters, and it was full of a bunch of fake peaks and come-downs and ups along the way.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Creatus a dit:
Forkbender a dit:
:lol: one says 3 months, one 3 days. Interesting.
Yeah, definently not three months. I've heard the three weeks thing before, and I suppose that may be true to get every single remembrance of lsd molecule from your system, but the waiting that long has never proven necessary to me.

My experience with all the lsd me and my friends have done, within 3 days if you trip again you won't feel any tolerance. In fact one of my friends was able to trip the day after a significant trip and said it was only slightly lighter then the previous days. Quite unique, but maybe it has to do with the acid quality?

Hmm. I don't know. I guess it depends on the mindset. If you take acid for the interesting experience, the creativity and the sensation it is probably easier than if you have a full-blown egodeath and use it for therapeutic purposes. I never felt the urge to trip for about 3 weeks after tripping. Usually it is more.

G

Invité
i've had a massive ego-death with LSD, and i can tell you: now, in 2008 (more or less a year after this trip) i feel i am ready for another acid trip, but much less intense. i guess that kind of trip it is just too precious and overwhelming to do every year. i still cannot explain what happened, but it included lucid dreaming, in a way that i didn't know if i dreamt it, or done it. i remember laying my head against a sofa, and having this experience of getting into the soul of it, more and more deep, and when i "woke up", or "snapped out of it", i didn't belived that it happened at all, both as a dream or as a waking state. words are simply not enough to speak about acid or shrooms, although i have written some great stuff while in the influence.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Amaranth a dit:

i think mushrooms would be of greater help. i've never done acid (planning on it though) but to me acid seems like a fun-hallucinogen, with more control and more awareness of what's happening.

i guess you are tripping with a spiritual purpose, a psychological purpose.
then i would strongly suggest shrooms.

although i can not compare the 2...
maybe someone can confirm this?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
acid can be very spiritual. and shrooms can be fun. Set/setting/drug.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I've had hallucinations on 2 hits of good acid. I was walking through a field in the night during the summer, friends were drumming around a campfire and as the tall grass brushed against my skin the sound, the touch, the moonlight, everything combined and I saw memories and people literally bursting out of the grass around me on all sides, lit by the moonlight. I was becoming completely synesthesic, all my senses funneling down into a single band of information. I was still coming up at this point too. I didn't have to wait to see patterns or geometry like on weak acid, they were there and they were three-dimensional.

Seasoned, experienced friends of mine who have done much higher quantities of LSD have had pure spiritual hallucinations in the sense that they even forgot they were hallucinating (seeing divine entities, etc). It totally depends on the quality and the amount of LSD you do.

My experience with LSD is very limited (although I really, really want to try it again, if I can ever find any :( ) but it seems most people these days get pretty weak, cut acid and never have the real full experience. (To be fair, I've still had insightful experiences on somewhat mild blotters, but nothing in comparison to the above).

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Hmm. I don't know. I guess it depends on the mindset. If you take acid for the interesting experience, the creativity and the sensation it is probably easier than if you have a full-blown egodeath and use it for therapeutic purposes. I never felt the urge to trip for about 3 weeks after tripping. Usually it is more.
Very much so. I've had two ego deaths on acid trips, and every time I've finished one I've had to stay away from the stuff for awhile to get back into reality. They're extremely scary, but very powerful and useful.

My last trip I felt my ego slipping, but I recognized the feeling and decided I didn't want to experience an ego death. I wanted an enjoyable trip, not a crazy life changing one at that point. So I avoided the ego death altogether, but practically wanted to trip again as soon as I came down : ]

Meduzz a dit:
i think mushrooms would be of greater help. i've never done acid (planning on it though) but to me acid seems like a fun-hallucinogen, with more control and more awareness of what's happening.

i guess you are tripping with a spiritual purpose, a psychological purpose.
then i would strongly suggest shrooms.
I disagree, LSD has always provided alot more spiritual significance then mushrooms to me. Mushrooms has alot more of a blatant confusion that tends to distract me from spirituality rather then provide me it. For example, I know I've said this before but acid has sent me on ego-death trips where I stumble apon the very foundations of reality, mushrooms tended to send me more into dreamlands where I thought I was in heaven with a gang of angels or something.

butane

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Nov 2007
From the slow onset time and long duration you've written about, I have to wonder if you didn't receive a DOx compound instead of LSD. Especially ingested sublingually like you did, LSD kicks in very quickly, within a half an hour you will notice something. This awareness around the two hour marker sounds much more characteristic of a DOx.

Not to say that that's a bad thing, DOC and DOM are mind-blowing.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
but I've never straight hallucinated before. You don't usually see that except in DMT

*coughs* mushrooms and DMT for me, probably cause those are so closely related. With mushrooms, dose is key to get 'there' though .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
HeartCore a dit:
but I've never straight hallucinated before. You don't usually see that except in DMT

*coughs* mushrooms and DMT for me, probably cause those are so closely related. With mushrooms, dose is key to get 'there' though .

Salvia.