Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Random Favorite Music, Band, Producer, Song thread

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I was zapping and saw the second half of this video on TV. I had no idea who they were, but I immediately turned up the volume. The video has lots of acid trails!

Drive like Maria - 'I'm on a train'

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
But I still posted those lyrics because I find it interesting how they oppose the lyrics that space posted with the demoniac rap.

Demoniac rap? This is no rap, this is poetic and demoniac???

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
In my mind its just like... so you play on the black notes, or the white notes ?
But you can make the black notes and the white notes interact, so it's not just black or white but all shades of grey ;)

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
"My approach to music is very....
I like this song, not a very big fan of Indian music, but I can definitely get into this song...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I like it very much as well. However, I can't limit myself to Indian ragas. I've heard many popular ragas over and over again for years on end. Variety is the spice of life, and especially as far as music is concerned, I just love it all too much.

Here's a video I made myself. Music is from the movie Nilacale Mahaprabhu.
bhajan

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Dutch proverb:"The change of spice makes one eat." :mrgreen:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Copacod

Some ambient music.

Forrest Fang

Thom brennan

Human Mesh Dance

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Dutch proverb:"The change of spice makes one eat." :mrgreen:
I guess it depends on the type of spice...

I just received this one from a friend: Dola Re Dola (Aishwarya & Madhuri) - Devdas (click HQ, it makes a lot of difference). The music is horrible and it's all so silly, but it makes me so happy. :oops: The dancing and the costumes in this movie are amazing.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
John Frusciante, hmmm. I do have an album of him, tough i don't listen it much.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
mysticwarrior a dit:
John Frusciante, hmmm. I do have an album of him, tough i don't listen it much.

I also love Niandra Lades & Usually Just a T-Shirt, it's quite obscure though.
From the time he was addicted to heroin and he quit the Peppers, because he couldn't handle the fame...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psyolopher a dit:
Thanks to Caduceus Mercurius, for enlightning me with these sounds
I did that? :lol:

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
:roll:

Black, white, shades of grey... all pretty paradigm don't you think ? It's convenient at least for the powers that be.

War, nothing. Peace in the middle, don't be evil !

It makes me wanna puke again, sorry, just can't help it.

I hate electronic music with lyrics over it, rap, hip-hop... whatever. Why don't they just hire a drummer, at least it's not going to abuse the micropause and screeching noise, tear your soul apart.

I'll never get tired of listening to indian music, especially the hindustani mountain type of pure intonation. The indian music with words and sanskrit poems I like much less. I guess I'm just disillusioned... almost everyone I know who likes lyrical music with deep philosophies could care less about the real meaning of the lyrics. Like I tried to examplify earlier, people will sing along, but in the end, they just press clear and move on to another tune, sidestepping true responsibility of the energetic field relation to the universe.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =chaurasia

no sidestepping here... no compromise either... yet there is balance. But unlike shades of grey, this type of balance is filled with DNA tones of light language, pastel colors and overtones. If you all will stop and manage to keep a focused attention for a moment, you will understand why this makes me cry of joy, everytime.[/url]

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psyolopher a dit:
Im confused by all those names...I just woke up sorry ! :lol:
Ah, lol. Well, it did make some sense, because Atma is a Gaudiya Vaishnava, and I also practiced that religion for 6 years.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Black, white, shades of grey... all pretty paradigm don't you think ? It's convenient at least for the powers that be.
War, nothing. Peace in the middle, don't be evil !
It makes me wanna puke again, sorry, just can't help it.
Hey no problem, it's not that you're screwing up my idea of/feeling for music...
And no, I don't think it's pretty paradigm.
Powers that be? Seriously, most of the time I'm not sure if you're a genious or insane, but probably a lot of both :mrgreen:

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
I hate electronic music with lyrics over it, rap, hip-hop... whatever. Why don't they just hire a drummer, at least it's not going to abuse the micropause and screeching noise, tear your soul apart.
There's a lot of hiphop, so this is a bit of a generalising statement.
A lot of hiphop bands do actually have a drummer and I've heard loads of hiphop without scratching and a lot of electronic beats you can't get out of a drumkit, plus a lot of beatmakers play those beats on a sampler...

But if you hate it, you hate it, I respect that :wink:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005