Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The community track project (hurray!)

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
Tiax, you have a virus ?

i'm going to listen to the track. who's the next fellow in line in the musical gang-bang ?

edit: i cannot download the file, there seems to be a problem (what a suprise while working with a computer. that's why i bought a reel-to-reel!!)

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
Tiax, you have a virus ?

i'm going to listen to the track. who's the next fellow in line in the musical gang-bang ?

edit: i cannot download the file, there seems to be a problem (what a suprise while working with a computer. that's why i bought a reel-to-reel!!)
either you or tiax or somebody else ;) the one who's faster.

the download works fine for me.
anyway: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=KCE7RHL1
another one.
still better then sending around reels ^^

and it's just the sounds, kick and bassline. no track whatsoever.

G

Invité
i have downloaded the file but i haven't heard it, because this is not my computer. i will work on it when i get home (at night).
so, tiax, if you want, do your thing with it.
i may have some musical experience, but regarding dance music, is very little, so i am learning as well.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
i have downloaded the file but i haven't heard it, because this is not my computer. i will work on it when i get home (at night).
so, tiax, if you want, do your thing with it.
i may have some musical experience, but regarding dance music, is very little, so i am learning as well.
which isn't bad at all. bring in your influences (classical music, jazz?) :)
bringing together different styles of music is always good.

G

Invité
Well, considering I've just woken up and that I'm having a nice headache right now, I don't think I'll be able to do much today...

So if you wanna go for it daytripper, feel free to do so, otherwise I guess I'll start tomorrow :D

(And yes, I'm using a virus ti, managed to get a good second hand price... Still have to learn about substractive synthetising, but it's already much fun !)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Like the idea guys .

If one of you wouild open a free Rapidshare acount you could share the password between you all and every time someone had something interesting like a new drum / bass , guitare , organ , synth track , they could up load it to the account and then tell the others with MSN . Then you would not all be sitting in a circle waiting for the others , everyone could work at their own speed on any one of several projects at any time . After anyone added something he up loads it to the acount with the apropriate label = Daytripper/drums/1 and then space downloads it and adds something and up loads it again as "Daytripper/drums/1+Space/chinese wotsit/1" . That would mean that there is an original of every step and virtualy unlimited possibilitys of mixing things together .

I think that its probably better if you all use the same software , and that its as up to date as possible . What about a software / versions list of exactly what you all have ??? Then if anyone knows where to get better software you can share it .

Less than 150 bpm = valium................

G

Invité
Can't open it if you have 6
Size doesn't matter that much, uploading it to 2shared works fine.
Now I'm really curious how it sounds ^^

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
little activity here!

i've done a little work, nothing much. i'm not used to these kinds of sequencers. but i had a great time doing it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/105977286/p ... t.rar.html
hehe, nice to hear. I like the psycho-pattern :lol:
I'd love start arranging, but unfortunatly I have no time at the moment. I think I'll do some stuff on saturday.

what sequencer did you use?

G

Invité
Glad to see it's still going well ! I'll have a listen as soon as I get home, though the more I see what you guys can do the more I feel I still need to train a bit to be able to contribute with some good stuff...

...besides, right now I'm waaaaaay too busy harrassing misery with my questions to be able to concentrate on anything else :D

G

Invité
i used live 7.0.2. tonight i will do more of it, i am starting to get the hang of it. perhaps i will come up with something usable.
what VST's do you recomend? (if they are free, better)
i am used just to FX vst's, like reverbs, amp simulators and so on. i had an evolution with 49 keys, with 8 faders and 8 knobs that i now wish i haven't had sold...doing stuff by hand takes time and brain-usage!

another question: when i export my session, are the new samples that i added automatically exported in a midi-sequencing+samples package that can be readily opened with live in another computer?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
if it comes to VSTs, I really love massive by native instruments, which isn't free unfortunatly.
synth1 is said to be the best free synth ( http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/ ), unfortunatly only for windows (I'm on a mac..)

it would be nice if you could get hold of massive, this would make things way easier.
if it doesn't work out with vsts, somebody still could render the midis.

if it comes to VST FX, I think you won't need any. lives effects are sufficient, in my opinion.

to pack the samples with the project, go to files > manage files > manage project. there is a button somewhere for packing everything.

and a personal recommendation: take a look at the effect racks, they are terrific. it's not necessary though, you can get along without them too.
this is a nice topic with lots of racks in it: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54296

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
I'm really curious about what fruits these seed will bring.

I wish you the best 'music communication' possible.

Love

G

Invité
I've listened to it, it sounds pretty ok so far, I'll be working on sferical ambient like atmosphere and maybe some nice melodic elements, but not to "in your face" so to speak...

G

Invité
Well it sucks donkeyballs, because my pc is fucking around bigtime,
so I'm facing a large format and reinstall session I'm afraid.
Ableton is running pretty ok, but it's very unstable and I really get annoyed working that way :?

G

Invité
Mmmh, didn't moved a lot since the last time I came here !

Oh well, I somehow (and finally) created a track intro and beggining that I consider the be quite... Uh, well, let's just say ît's the best thing I did 'till now (which doesn't mean a lot, point granted)...

It's about 1m30 seconds long, I'll upload the Live! project folder this evening, maybe someone will want to take it and add his own creation ;)

G

Invité
i have listened to it, and it is nice....but why haven't you worked with what misery and i have started ?
this way, it will build an enormous file which is only made of single, unconnected bits...
it will be impossible to complete in an organized, methodic way...it will take us all much time to do something out of it. will be an intro ? it also could work as an "outro", if sequenced another way. i really like it, but i think you could have also used our work!

G

Invité
daytripper a dit:
i have listened to it, and it is nice....but why haven't you worked with what misery and i have started ?

The only reason I haven't used it is that Space still hasn't send it back and it was his turn ;)

Still, if he tells us that his comp is still kaputt, I'll dl your file right away ! :D