Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The community track project (hurray!)

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
nah I don't force anyone to anything :)

learning another daw is quite a pain often..

let's try it the mp3 way. I thought a bit about it, because of your remark about automation, and I think it could create interesting rythms if the stuff isn't 100% in sync.

G

Invité
Would be even more psychedelic maybe :D

Alright, let's do this the mp3 way then, always good to learn something new !

Anyone's interested by doing the drums ?

G

Invité
damn, i'll do the drums. saturday night they should be ready and then i'll send it to the next fellow.
they will be fairly simple (this mean squared, all beats will be grouped in groups of 16, 32, 64, etc. bars) with a break between them. i will make the breaks, and lay the drums (and nothing else) to the rest, which is up to the next composer.
i am using ableton live :)

misery: you were talking about keeping stuff on time, which translates to beat. a bar has four beats in "dance" music (another genres it can, and probably will, differ).

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
if nobody wants to, I'd start doing drums and beats.
but I have to warn you, it will probably become a psytrance track with 150 bpm ^^

I'm fiddling around with that stuff anyway.
should I add the bassline too? I thought so because it is strongly connected with the beats.

edit: ok, when I started typing daytripper hasn't posted yet. fine for me :)

G

Invité
no, man, you do it :)

do the bass line as well!

150bpm to me is like a ballad :lol:

G

Invité
Haha, and me who started doing a 84 BPM beat :D

So if I understood correctly 'till now, misery is doing the drums & bass, then it goes on to daytripper ?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
no, man, you do it :)

do the bass line as well!

150bpm to me is like a ballad :lol:
ehehe, ok.

well, I've been listening to very fast stuff, but if it comes to psytrance, tempos above 160~165 bpm lose the trance aspect, in my opinion. I've encountered 200 bpm psytrance too, but well, it already sounded more like, um, I don't know, something else ^^
edit: I just remembered that it doesn't matter anyway :lol: I'll start now..

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I'm up for an online project, although it's difficult when everybody uses a different sequencer, but we can exchange sounds and loops, done it before and it's a lot of fun.
Say Space, can you plug in that Chinese gadget you played during the last psychonaut meeting? That was so awesome!

More cowbell!!!

I can play the following instruments: drums, volcano, glass pipe and Indian clay drum (mridanga).

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
I'm up for an online project, although it's difficult when everybody uses a different sequencer, but we can exchange sounds and loops, done it before and it's a lot of fun.
Say Space, can you plug in that Chinese gadget you played during the last psychonaut meeting? That was so awesome!

More cowbell!!!

I can play the following instruments: drums, volcano, glass pipe and Indian clay drum (mridanga).

yeah, let's implement bong-sounds :>

um, shall I structure it too, or just do the sounds?

G

Invité
i can throw crazy samples at the song.
misery, by structuring, do you mean inserting the sounds in the song ?
do everything you can, but remember to leave some empty space for the next guy!

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
yeah, let's implement bong-sounds
Great idea. Then when we go on tour, people in the audience can play along. :weedman:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
i can throw crazy samples at the song.
misery, by structuring, do you mean inserting the sounds in the song ?
do everything you can, but remember to leave some empty space for the next guy!
I mean, like, starting to compose, starting to build the framework.
at the moment I'm just looking for a good kick/bassline combination including filtering and EQ and whatnot.
hm, if I still have time, I will start doing that.

CaduceusMercurius a dit:
yeah, let's implement bong-sounds
Great idea. Then when we go on tour, people in the audience can play along. :weedman:
hehe :>
I don't have the built in synths of live. but maybe someone could put a bong sound into sampler and make something with it? (you can watch tutorial movies about sampler on youtube)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
This shit is The Shit.

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
Hi Tiax

Heu tu parles francais ? =D

I don't usually play/make music, but this is a thing I would really really really love.
I got music in my hears all day all night

And I very often take a look at what I listen, I mean listening how much and which instruments are there, I could almost picture the music, and I often tell myself when music teach me a making-of technique "Oh when I'll make music I'll try to remember that".

(also when I listen to Jim Morrison, Freddie Mercury, and even others, I'm totally captivated by how-they-sing, and tell myself "goddd he should enjoy what he does as much as I dance with my pen when I draw)

If u want my msn address is below my message :D
peace

G

Invité
what DAW will you be using, misery ?
live is very simple to use, i like the looping options that it gives.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I'm using live7 right now. I love this software, I use it almost always, it's a great allrounder. djing, remixing, producing, all in one :)
I especially love the effect racks, they are unbeatable.
what I don't like is that they still don't have an LFO-device and better envelopes :( but hey.. I can live with that.

does anyone not have live7? because if someone has live6 there might be some compability issues. I can try to avoid new features if someone is on live 6

I love how fast this is going here. The topic was opened yesterday and now the process of making the track has already started :D
I really look forward to hearing your influences and of course the finished track.

I'll upload my first work tommorow evening/night.

G

Invité
(Oui j'parle français, si tu veux un coup de main, t'as mon adresse MSN :D )

Alright, so Live! it is then ! Damn, can't wait to start doing my part !

Daytripper & Misery, do you use MSN ? If so, could you send them via private message to Space Is The Place & me please ?

I'll be going now (gonna spent the night at the doctor, can't tell you how enthusiastic I am)...

See ya soon guys !

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
so, I've finished the bassline and the kick. I didn't start composing.
I'm quite content how this came out, but you can change it if you want to though.

oh, and if the vst doesn't work, I can render the bassline, but it should work anyway.

and I don't have msn. I use ICQ and IRC though.

here's the file: http://www.2shared.com/file/3097637/3b0 ... onaut.html

edit: I registered on msn now.
edit2: uploaded again..

hm, maybe we should agree about what synths to use. operator won't work me unfortunatly. what do you think about native instruments massive? or fm8. those are very good.
I'll look a bit around for good, free, cross-platform synths.

G

Invité
To be honest, I'd like to use a virus, as this would be an occasion for me to improve in synthetising (hard synth are much more confortable to program)... I'll keep the audio sample as short as possible, so the size shouldn't be a problem...

Otherwise Massive is ok for me :D