Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Something to make life in school less boring

karlo0o

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
Hi!

Generally speaking I'm pretty new to the psychedelic world. I've smoked salvia divinorum a couple of times and had some great trips but that's about as far as my experience with drugs goes.

Well the thing is I need some kind of a psychedelic or any other kind of drug that "speeds time up" or makes me feel good so I'm not bored to death while I'm in school. I seriously can't take it anymore. Spending 6 hours in school seems like a lifetime to me.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

apple

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2008
sorry,
but I don't think its right to use psychedelics just for escaping reality.
Cant help you.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
That sounds like abuse. Make school interesting by being interested. Ask questions. Find the things that you like. If you want to speed up time, perhaps you can take speed, but I do not recommend it.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Cannabis, but it's abuse indeed...

Start paying attention, school is only a waste of time if you want it to be...

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Start to take an interest in school and you will notice it goes by very fast. I'm already halfway done grade 12, where did the time go? Also, NO psychedelic should ever be used in school, it abuse. Psychedelic are used for teaching an individual, not for the individuals own pleasure and entertainment, well at least that my opinion.

What grade are you in?

PEACE

karlo0o

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
Let me explain my situation a bit more.

I'm a good student and my marks are all excellent or good at least.

I take notes of everything the teachers say and I DO ask questions.

Even though I do all those things the clock still seems to be stuck and it takes forever for the hour to end. I don't know what to do anymore, that's why I asked about drugs, I thought they might help me get through the day faster.

I am INTERESTED, but the problem isn't in my interests, it's in the clock!

I tried Cannabis a few times (never in school though) but never liked it.

@user_1919

I used wrong words in my first post. I know psychedelics are not for fun and I respect that.

I'm in high school, last (4th) grade .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
"I tried Cannabis a few times (never in school though) but never liked it."

Never liked Cannabis!?!?!!! :shock:

I would just try to not think about it. Before you know it, you will be graduating highschool and possibly off to University or College. The way I like school to speed up, is I take an interest in my 'studies'. I LOVE chemistry because I can apply it to the enthogen world. I LOVE Biology because I like to know what is going on in my body, and how PERFECT "God" has created us and every other living organism. Also Physics is another course that offers a lot of interesting information. Try to get course that will interest you. Does your school offer anything that you are interested in?

PEACE

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well if your in your last year, your almost done. Just hold on, and you will be done soon. I feel the same way man. I take an interest in my 'studies' but I have such a big work load. Biology, English, Calculus and Vectors, and Chemistry.

PEACE

karlo0o

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
It offers Physics and I like that. What I also like is Programming (I'm in a "computer" school, don't know the English word for it) and of course English classes, but that's about it. There's tons of other stuff we must learn and I'm trying to be interested in those too, as much as possible.

Once again, my problem is that everything seems to take forever to end, even when I'm in a class that I like and enjoy.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
The more you focus on time, the slower it seems to go.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Meduzz a dit:
I can assure you that time won't speed up with cannabis, rather the opposite will be the case + you don't learn anything at all
at least that's my experience :lol:

karlo0o a dit:
Once again, my problem is that everything seems to take forever to end, even when I'm in a class that I like and enjoy.
don't look too often on your watch :>
Forkbender a dit:
The more you focus on time, the slower it seems to go.
exactly

you're in a computer school? do you use laptops in class? if so, you could get photoshop or something, or a little game, or download a text in advance.
often saved my live in classes like biology. not that I wasn't interested in it, but if you try to listen to the teacher you fall into a trancelike state after 5 minutes -.-

there is one thing I certainly wouldn't do... being on shrooms in class, doesn't sound like fun, really xD

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
misery a dit:
Meduzz a dit:
I can assure you that time won't speed up with cannabis, rather the opposite will be the case + you don't learn anything at all
at least that's my experience :lol:

Indeed, you don't learn anything... But for me it seems to kill time in school (or at least used to)...

I also enjoyed XTC in class. I once got into an entirely new class because i stopped doing latin, and i ate a huge amount of XTC in that first 2 weeks, and we all got along, organising class barbecues and stuff...

But that's all in the past... :roll:

karlo0o

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
Unfortunately we don't have laptops :<

I'm trying not to focus on my watch but after I feel 30 minutes or so have passed I can't help it but to look at it.

The thing is I always get disappointed when I find out it's actually been only 10 minutes and not 30 like I thought :D

By the way.. How is it possible when sometimes I sit at home and do absolutely nothing the time seems to fly (1 hours seems like a few minutes or so) and when I'm in school, doing all kinds of stuff the time just won't move at all.

Thanks for the answers so far :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Stop wearing a watch. Trying not to focus on something is exactly the same as focusing on something. Let it go. Loose track of the time and it will fly by.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Try a prescription amphetamine, like Ritalin.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005

Only if you have an ADD or ADHD mindset, otherwise you'll just speed up your brain and time-perception will go even slower as a consequence.

..but why take substances anyway in school ? Go look at the pretty girls or something. Be creative. Learn morse codes while boredom sets in at school...

... I did.

pattern_req

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2007
I smoke a little weed somewhat regularly before class. Not right before, but about an hour or so before I show up. I am a sophomore in college, I do fairly well academically, and I am way past the point of having trouble masking being stoned. I make sure that I am completely lucid for lectures and labs, but even I realize that my actions are mildly foolish.

We live in a time where there is so much anti-drug hysteria and miss information that I wont even go out into public while on hallucinogens. I am afraid of people who brag about going out in public (particularly an intimate environment like class) high. It risks giving us responsible explorers of the mind a bad reputation and every time someone becomes a victim of the US government's "war" on drugs, it fuels the paranoia of those who don't understand. If no one went out and made an ass of themselves in public, then the military/police establishment here in America would have very little proof to make their case to the uninformed.

Bill Hicks said it all. "Why don't we never hear a positive drug story in the news?" The "liberal media" (I use this word contrarily because most of the American media is actually run by conservative and reactionary-capitalist interests) latches on to drug tragedies and levels responsibility for a great many social ills at the youth drug culture. And while we do have a rather large drug "problem" here in the states, most of the issues revolve around hard narcotics and the crime that a policy of drug prohibition bring about (organized crime, untreated addicts, etc.). Responsible use of psychedelics within the constitutionally protected privacy of our own homes is not the concern of the government or police. And yet, many seekers have been forced into the same prisons as those who cause harm to others in the wake of addiction.

Enough of us are already persecuted in the eyes of those who have no place for magic in their lives. Churches condemn the prehistoric sacraments, drug screenings are used to prevent us from easily permeating into the upper social echelon, and the media has nothing positive to say about ancient techniques of self exploration. It seems we are losing the "war." The last thing any of us should do is help to ruin what little bit of freedom we do enjoy and acting irresponsibly with these tools is same as taking them away from your children, or your brother and sister psychonauts.

The only way to loosen the prohibition we suffer is to peacefully dissent. Passive resistance to unfair policy can make a difference, as long as there aren't a bunch of fools out there trying to rub it in "The Man's" face. Drug users, even the responsible ones, are going to be held up to the highest social standard we could imagine. One day, when the debate is once again open, we are going to have to be paragons of virtue if we hope for true and real change. We have to become walking, talking, thinking proof that the stereotypes are wrong. And we are going to have to do all of this in the public eye. The good that can be done with hallucinogens must out weight any perceived blights that their use may cause the "common man."

So please, do not trip at school. Study, learn, become the best and most educated person you can while you are in school. Act responsibly and explore psychedelics with the utmost care and respect. We are all representatives of this counterculture, and if we are going to ever accomplish anything more than just "getting high" then we are forced to work within the confines of a social structure that wants us gone. Blend into the fabric of society, yet harbor the truth in your heart. Someday it will be our turn to speak on this, and we had all better be pretty damned articulate.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well put!!! :D

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
JustinNed a dit:

Americans always have medical or pharmacological answer :wink:
No offense but you shit load your children with amphetamines,pseudo-cocaine-methamphetamine(Adderal,Desoxyn,Ritaline). If some child is little wild?, what to do? RITALINE! Sorry man but I have first read and hear bout ritaline from your state! And Americans are asking themselves why they have over 10000 gun killings per year and second state is Canada with 500! :wink: This is only observation

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Start to pay attention in school, maybe difficult for you, but you will start to like it more and more. And if you like it, the time goes much faster then when you feeling bored all the time.

Taking substances will not help you much, but it can easily let you fail your exams.

Come one, work on it man, it's your future!