Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

some problems of grow and grow box

• Auteur de la discussion 88rocco
  • Date de début

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
There was a very similar question in the dutch forum.

http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... ic&t=34697

Translation of forkbender's answer:
1. work as sterile as possible.
2. Flood the box with (clean) water and seal it.
3. Put it in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
4. Pour out the excess water.
5. Put the box in the bag without a lid and close the bag using the paperclips.
6. Place it in a warm spot, 22-26°C is best. Light isn't very important but you need some. Avoid direct sunlight.
7. Wait until the mushrooms have grown.
8. Harvest all mushrooms and aborts at once. If they grow on the sides don't dig into the substrate to avoid infection.
9. Repeat the entire process 5 times.

Yielding 600 grams of fresh mushrooms

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Thank you very much!
I tried the search engine though... apparently didn't try hard enough >.<

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
WAIT!

Don't flood the box! Flooding is the right thing to do after every flush to get a better next flush. Your box isn't ready for that yet!

When you received the box, it might not even be totally incubated - then you have to let the mycelium incubate first. Simply put, all the contents have to be covered with fluffy white stuff - if there are big areas not covered in white, fluffy stuff (the mycelium) then it needs to incubate a little longer before you can grow mushrooms!
To incubate the mycelium, put it in a dark, dry place with temperatures between 25 and 26°C. A little less is fine, but takes longer. It must not be over 27°C or you might kill the mycelium!

When all of the box is covered in white, fluffy mycelium, you need to fruit the mycelium cake. You might want to put it in the fridge at 5-8°C for a few hours, this usually helps fruiting, but it's not totally necessary.

In my opinion it's easier to use a bucket than the plastic bags: Just open the myceliumbox and put it in a bucket. Put some water inside the bucket (one centimeter or so) and cover it with clear foil. Put this bucket in a warm room (anything above 20°C is totally fine) where it gets some light, but not direct sun light. The shrooms just need a little light to know they have to grow, and to know where up and down is. They are not plants and don't need light for energy.

Now check at least once a day if the inside of the bucket is still moist, and open the foil once a day and fan a little fresh air into the bucket (mushrooms consume oxygen, just like we do).

If you need a few pictures to get it better, look here: http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek#a5

this is the pf-tek method for growing mushrooms - as you have a ready-made grow box, you don't need the steps before that, but from the point of incubation, it is almost 100% the same (only the pf-tek cakes are put into a bucket without a plastic box - but that's just a minor difference).

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
The extra incubation time is a good idea, I never thought of that and I already had 3 growboxes :lol:

But I would not remove the spawn out of the box, just leave it in there and use the filterbag. It works perfectly. You already have the right mix of perlite, spawn and vermiculite in the box so why remove it. Just get the temperature right and harvest flush after flush after flush :D

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Hi,

i'm growing these.
Mycelium is growing real fast and wondered about certain things.

When is the exact time to place the mycelium in the terrarium?
-> just when it's fully white?

Should i dunk em before putting them into the terra?

And can the mycelium bodies (so when it comes straight out of the glass) be placed horizontally?
-> Will this have a better outcome in number and size?

Cheers!

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
Lion a dit:
When is the exact time to place the mycelium in the terrarium?
-> just when it's fully white?
Should i dunk em before putting them into the terra?
And can the mycelium bodies (so when it comes straight out of the glass) be placed horizontally?
-> Will this have a better outcome in number and size?
- Yes, when it's fully white
- dunk is not necesarry
- I don't get what you mean...

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
http://www.sooo.nl/img/pols potten drinkglazen.jpg
this is my glass, right.. so i take the mycelium out and place it in my terra horizontally on the perlite or vermiculite or whatever.
Will this then have a better mushroomprofit? Because then the shrooms have a bigger surface to grow on, and might take more place, so logically thinking => more shrooms?

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
OK, I get what you mean.

No, that won't matter that much. An x amount of mycelium will have the strength to produce an x amount of mushrooms. Horizontally or vertically...

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
okay,
so suppose you cut the mycelium bodies in half (horizontally), that won't matter either?

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Also, u told me when all is white, the mycelium body is ready, right?
But how can i know it's all white on the inside as well?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Drill holes in it with a black and decker and put an endoscope in them ?

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
good idea, god, glad you're still here with your remarkable comments

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
But i mean seriously how is anyone going to know whats inside a cake ? They cant unless they open it = the only thing one can do is to trust that it is grown through and fruit it when the myceleum has covered the outside of the cake .

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
{FUK OFF.\\ :evil:} / Cause for concern removed by Fork.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
{@ the redneck kkk fan:
I really hope that the homeboys will use you next time they play train whit 25 guys.
Now curl up and die!
You really round like one of them crystal meth wrecks one the way out, so snort some more and do the world a big fucking favor and dive head first in am empty swimmingpool.} / Cause for concern removed by Fork.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
{Can someone block this kid?} / Cause for concern removed by Fork.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
PORCHMONKEYKILLER19 a dit:
I am currently growing some bomb ass shrooms and they are much better than any shit shrooms you fucking yadayadayada low IQ comments

That's called fungal infection, you need to shower more and change your clothes every other day ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I took a growbox home from the store, that I thought had green mold on one of its sides. In retrospect it seems it just got frozen and bruised: I decided to put it in the bag, and the day before yesterday I noticed mushrooms were growing! Yesterday I harvested: a little more than 140 grams. Good thing I didn't throw the box away!
:D

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
{PORCHMONKEYKILLER19 . FUCK OFF NAZI BASTARD .} / Cause for concern removed by Fork.