Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

solipsism

ob-noxious

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Sept 2008
one of my favorite subjects to discuss
i believe we have all somehow created an ideal world for ourselves, although i dont believe in all aspects of solipsism.
any thoughts?

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I think its all mind over matter . I dont mind and it doesnt matter .

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Um if your a solipsist than you do not believe any of us have minds, and you are the only person with one.

This question makes NO SENSE.

You need to read a bit on solipsism.

EDIT: This is an epistemic philosophical question, there is a whole section for philosophy :wink:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
* Moved to art/phil section

I think solipsism is something applied by a lot of people as a surviving mechanism.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I" am the only objective fact ...........

ob-noxious

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Sept 2008
FluidDruid a dit:
Um if your a solipsist than you do not believe any of us have minds, and you are the only person with one.

This question makes NO SENSE.

You need to read a bit on solipsism.

EDIT: This is an epistemic philosophical question, there is a whole section for philosophy :wink:

i never said i was a solipsist
read my original post again

and dont worry about me i know plenty about solipsism

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the notion that "I" may be the only "real" person seems to be commonly encountered on psychedelic drugs. i think i actually believed it for several months in 1988 after a large amount of acid. it all made perfect sense. ive spoken to many people since who have had the thought

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Yeah I often had that thought too but well... what would be the point of it all then? Why am I not always happy and have everything I want when I want it if I am actually creating my own fantasy world? What would be the interest in communicating with other people, as I create them and therefore I think what they think.

It just makes no sense...

What it true is that the only thing I can be 100% sure, is that I am

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Psychoid a dit:
Yeah I often had that thought too but well... what would be the point of it all then? Why am I not always happy and have everything I want when I want it if I am actually creating my own fantasy world? What would be the interest in communicating with other people, as I create them and therefore I think what they think.

thank you.

ob-noxious

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Sept 2008
Psychoid a dit:

how do you know your life isnt exactly the way you want it?
as we all know, the unconcious mind is a very mysterious thing
its possible
i know that everything that has happened up to this point in my life has shaped me, my morals and my values over and over again and i have realized that even if one miniscule detail were to be removed, i woulnt be ME
im having a little trouble putting this into words, but i look at other people who havent and never will experience what i have, and i think "what a miserable pointless life"... almost like EVERYTHING has somehow turned in my favor one way or another, even if it seems to be destructful at first...
does that make any sense?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
it does, but anyone is able to feel that way, is a cosmic balance kind of thing. We do it all the time, when looking back we think everything was for the best to reduce our cognitive dissonance, and it's only natural, we'd go crazy otherwise.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
I think you watch too much Reality-TV :lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I don't think any of us have created an ideal for ourselves, but it might be said that the whole has created an ideal situation. In other words, the life of any individual is suboptimal because it must bump into other entities, which sometimes hurts. An ideal situation would be painfree, so for the individual there will never be freedom from pain, suffering, waste of time, etc. But from a larger perspective all the entities together keep the show running. The flowers, the bees, the trees and me. There is unceasing death on planet Earth, but birth as well. The system itself is ideal: DNA replicating itself within a certain niche of the eco-system, with self-conscious entities (human beings) being the part of nature that reflects upon itself through science and contemplation. It's perfect from that perspective. Everything is happening exactly as it should. When you consider it from a very broadminded perspective, it could be said an individual life is ideal too, but I find it hard to make such a value judgement. It just is what it is, and for many people it sucks and doesn't make them die wiser than they were childeren.
It seems the reality we're in is a spinning mass of energy that predicably turns itself into solar systems, inhabitable planets, DNA-code, lifeforms and self-reflecting, vocal humanoid creatures that study the heavens and create instruments and sciences. If there is a goal to be accomplished, it's the purpose of the thing as a whole, indirectly perceptible in its parts (such as DNA or the humanoid nervous system).
Most of you know that I believe the individual human experience is coded by the logos of the planets, much like the human body is coded by the alphabet of the DNA. There is code everywhere, and the code replicates itself (the planet code also replicates itself, for the birth and fate of children are embedded in the horoscopes of their parents, and vice versa). If a code replicates itself in predictable ways (which the combined codes of DNA an astrology do: astrological code reveals which male will combine with which female), there is only one way existence is going to unfold. Since the code replicates and alters itself predictably, everything and everyone was inherent from the very beginning. You living your life was scripted into it from the very beginning (the initial bang, if there was one). And so was Hitler's and George Bush. It's the manifestation of a very ancient script. Not an ideal script for the individuals (life is fragile and individual pleasure fleeting), but still the script of the unavoidable unfoldment of code.

the notion that "I" may be the only "real" person seems to be commonly encountered on psychedelic drugs. i think i actually believed it for several months in 1988 after a large amount of acid. it all made perfect sense. ive spoken to many people since who have had the thought
It's bollocks. It's the type of ego-inflation due to the ingestion of psychedelics, warned about by Alan Watts and others. And if it's not ego-inflation, it's at least a dangerous notion, for why would you feel empathy for the "unreal" people out there? No psychedelic experience will take away my common sense notion that we are all individuals in a somewhat similar situation. No one is more real or important than anyone else, though some may leave their mark while others die and are forgotten.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
It's bollocks. It's the type of ego-inflation due to the ingestion of psychedelics, warned about by Alan Watts and others. And if it's not ego-inflation, it's at least a dangerous notion, for why would you feel empathy for the "unreal" people out there? No psychedelic experience will take away my common sense notion that we are all individuals in a somewhat similar situation. No one is more real or important than anyone else, though some may leave their mark while others die and are forgotten.

It is definitely one of the traps.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
There's a new word i havent heard!
But i think we dont really create our own ideals, i think we're stimulated from birth with a certain ideal!

And i cant even confirm that my own mind excists!

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Psyolopher a dit:
Depends on your definition of the word "mind". And if you consider the mind not real, logically there is no definition for the word as all real things have definitions (not necesarily understandable to us).

My guess is that the mind is very very real and it's inherent to any system.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Forkbender a dit:
CaduceusMercurius a dit:

It is definitely one of the traps.

i was 17

but it does seem to be a common thought, if fleeting. im sure "straight" people occasionally wonder too

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Psyolopher a dit:
There's a new word i havent heard!
But i think we dont really create our own ideals, i think we're stimulated from birth with a certain ideal!

Cogito ergo sum.