Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Society

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Where are we headed, on an evolutionary basis, a social basis, or an individual?

Are we heading towards something?

How long do you think the human race will physically exist in our universe?

How do you think we will all become extinct (if you believe so?)

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
well to tell the truth, i think that our society is headed towards isolation. if you look at it, everything we do in day to day isolates us from others, even though being around people is what most of us crave the most.

with social networking websites being so big now, people are looking for social interaction in the most contrived place, which only further displaces us from actual social encounters, simply because over time the persona or ego displayed online will matter more than your behavior in the real world.

so i guess this is my answer on a social basis.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I could see some democratic governments becoming increasingly repressive in this century. Too many people are using politics as a way to push their ideological agenda on others, tolerance isn't on their agenda, only demonization of their opponents. The 21st century will be about internal clashes of ideology I think.

Also the internet is going to have far more restrictions on it than it does now. We are already at the point that more and more countries are attempting to censor what content they allow across their borders.

At the same time it's not all bad news, smart people will still find workarounds. Also I've seen entire new fields of art and creative expression opened up just in the past decade, thanks to the internet and cheap technology.. art communities span entire countries. the cheap laptop is the new folk instrument. anyone can make an album or a film at home now.. and that's kinda cool.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
We are relentlessly charging for mass suicide.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Problems do ask for solutions. But can we find one... That would be the big question.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
I would be surprised actually, if we were to move any faster towards annihilation.

The worst thing is, everyday I am, every time I talk to my blood family, go to a mall or walk down street, watch tv, turn the radio on. It keeps getting worst, by the minute.

WTF, I live in a "third world country" and on my way to the university, which is ten kilometers from my bed, I sometimes see up to five or six more than 150 000 thousand dollar cars. People are pawning their tvs to buy food for crying out loud!

I am nauseous.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I would be surprised actually, if we were to move any faster towards annihilation.

Till now it does look like something worse is going to happen. And indeed maybe faster then many do believe. Our brain really need to be rewired to stop what is going on right now. I would prefer a sort of MDMA state of mind, even cooler would be the possibility to zap into every state of mind you wish to be 8) Free natural psychedelics born into human brain :D

But one thing is for sure, there are large groups of people who can`t handle it anymore or any longer, and these groups are growing fast, and so the the problems on our globe. And the strange thing is, the solutions are just there. But because of some miraculous reasons, we just keep on going and going destroying everything in front of us. So finally i hope something will happen, or we get rewired or let everything end into nothingness, it doesn't matter what must happen. It's just that something needs to happen to end this madness.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
These questions are well known to me for diminishing informal carefreeness.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Gonzebo that's really interesting.

The rest of you I completely agree. It is unfortunate how the future of society looks as if it may be feeling its ends.

However, I see the possibility of GREAT change. I LOVE. CHANGE.

Mass extinction, world-wide would obviously progress the change and mindset of people. it may be another 75 years before it happens - but it will.

I'm kind of excited at the moment for such a large climatic outburst of idiosyncracies and megaopolis mamer jammer big word phenomenan what the fuck am i talking about :lol:

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
These questions are well known to me for diminishing informal carefreeness.

Having a social consciousness can do that to you. Knowing you are a cell in a cancer sick multicellular organism.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
In their early twenties, in as much as they look adolescent, vibrant and healthy is the measure they have a heart or, they are blind beyond stupor.

It's usually the second one. Supposing well feeding ofcourse.

The inclined line extends, differently and more radically, into later age.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Nomada don't be so grim.

G

Invité
Does anyone here prescribe to the idea that there will be a great shift of consciousness and that we will all become more spiritual within the upcoming decades? I have been researching enlightenment and just had a breakthrough experience and its pretty hard to shake it off as if nothing happened.
I sound like an idiot. :( But does anyone believe that we will return to our natural state of being within the human vessel? Become one consciousness living in the one true moment of eternity, and shake our ties to linear false time perception? :shock:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
maybe.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I see a better future, but it will require hard work by a lot of people. If these lazy bastards (hippies included) just sit around and wait for the eschaton, it might well turn out to be an apocalypse.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Nomada a dit:
Having a social consciousness can do that to you. Knowing you are a cell in a cancer sick multicellular organism.

Not a social consciousness here. It's all individual body presence, sensory and susceptibility, something which many are willing to exchange for a (competitive) mind.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
One day there won't be any secrets.

big-brother-is-watching.jpg

HazardousDavis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Fev 2009
PressureOnTheNoodle a dit:
Does anyone here prescribe to the idea that there will be a great shift of consciousness and that we will all become more spiritual within the upcoming decades?

In quite a few decades, yes, hopefully.
I think that mass-die-off is pretty much imminent though if we carry on at the rate we are going right now. But perhaps after this die-off, the consciousness level will change.

Socially - I think we're heading towards a mass of automatons first. On page one, someone spoke of social networking sites actually closing people off more than linking them together, which is very true. The social-networking thing is just one aspect, but I think on a social level, we're heading towards pretty desperate times before anything gets better, unfortunately.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
HazardousDavis a dit:
I think that mass-die-off is pretty much imminent though if we carry on at the rate we are going right now. But perhaps after this die-off, the consciousness level will change.

Have you heard of James Lovelock? He is the author of The Vanishing Face of Gaia, a book about global warming and it's consequences. He, unlike the majority of scientists, postulates that it is now impossible to save the earth from the problems we have caused regarding global warming, air pollution, etc.

He goes on to say that instead of trying to save the planet, we are better of trying to save ourselves by making more use of nuclear energy and such, and moving populations to safer regions that won't heat up as much.

Anyhow, he predicts that at best, 7 our of 8 people would die because of temperatures, food levels, etc.

Is this possibly what you refer to? :shock:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
Problems do ask for solutions. But can we find one... That would be the big question.
I think the discovery of LSD and the therapeutic and transformative potential of psychedelics was an important part of the solution. Unfortunately that process was halted. But the beneficial aspects were documented, so whatever was started back then can be taken up again. If that somehow happens, we can solve most of the problems threatening the survival of life on this planet. If it doesn't happen, I don't see hope for mankind. Mothers and fathers will continue to harm their children, who in turn will fuck up the world.

Solutions are there (large scale psychedelic therapy, large scale cultivation of hemp etc.), but they are illegal.