Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

smell and 'taste'

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Is it supposed to 'taste' and smell like.. gas or sth when it's burnt? :S
Not that I mind, I'm just a little worried because it's made with naphta.
Quite sure this is how it's supposed to be, asking just in case though.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Do you mean taste petrochemical ? No definately not . It tastes like burning plastic . Sometimes people also say a little like moth balls . If your extract tastes like petrol you should try to clean it and not smoke it .

If i missunderstood please explain .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yeah I would be careful. It should smell and taste like burning plastic.

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
How does burning plastic taste? :D

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Well it smells and tastes like a mix of burning plastic and petrol/gas or sth
Also when i smoked it, the crystals just poofed into a little liquid
I felt something that reminded me of my aya experience, I didnt break through but it was pleasant still, very short-acting though
I kept smoking it, at the end i accidently lit the liquid, it burned very hard in quite a bright, high flame
This makes me think there might be naphta in it left or sth? how do i clean this?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I cant tell you the details but you can put it in a filter and pour an amoniac solution over it , or recrystalise it or wash it with bicarbonate of soda . But all take time .

Just an idea .... but maybe if you want to use it very soon why not pre heat your oven to 60°C and then put it in there on silver foil or metal leaving the door open . The naptha should evaporate off .

Maybe Drugless can say if its a good idea ? If he isnt about PM him because he knows a lot about chemistry .

The best place i`ve seen to look for information is http://www.dmt-nexus.com/

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Thx for the quick reply GOD!
I have been very stupid to just try it again yesterday, it worked and it was awesome but I am not going to do it anymore now until I'm sure I'm safe, I'm not risking lung damage.
Though I find it very awesome and potent and I really can't wait to take higher dosages and smoke and make more.
I'll PM drugless a link to the topic.
Perhaps he can shine some light on the case.
Here are my questions:

- Is the DMT supposed to catch fire? The only way I can really make it produce smoke is by sucking the flame into it, then as I keep inhaling a lot of smoke comes off and the fire goes out again real fast.
I can repeat this two or so more times.
It does work for me this way in the sense that I did trip on it.

- Is breathing supposed to feel a little 'stingy' for about half an hour or so after having smoked it?

- If anything is wrong, if my dmt is contaminated with naphta or if I am smoking the wrong way, what should I do to fix this?

thx a lot for answers in advance!

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
It is not supposed to catch fire! When you heat it, the crystals should melt and then slowly evaporate. This gas is what you inhale. If it catches fire the DMT burns and disintegrates. What kind of pipe do you use to smoke it? The flame of the lighter should not get into contact with the DMT.

Is breathing supposed to feel a little 'stingy' for about half an hour or so after having smoked it?

This is also the case when I've smoked DMT. I'm not sure wether this is due to impurities or just because of the DMT itself. I think it is the last.

If anything is wrong, if my dmt is contaminated with naphta or if I am smoking the wrong way, what should I do to fix this?

It can't imagine that naphta can be trapped in the product. Naphta evaporates at room temperature. If you have any impurities it will most likely be sodium hydroxide or substances that came out of the rootbark. What is the colour of your crystals? Are they sticky or oily?

If your product does contain impurities you can recrystallise out of naphta again. This means solving your DMT in a small amount of warm naphta. The impurities should not dissolve and remain on bottom of the flask. You can pour off the naphta and leave the impurities in the flask. Let the naphta cool off as slowly as possible, dont move it too much (less movement means bigger crystals). The DMT should recrystallise and you can pour off the naphta and let the remaining solvent evaporate.

Voila, cleaner crystals :wink:

DMT should be a bit harsh on your throat so maybe your product is fine? Have you ever smoked DMT before so you can compare it?

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
GOD a dit:
Just an idea .... but maybe if you want to use it very soon why not pre heat your oven to 60°C and then put it in there on silver foil or metal leaving the door open . The naptha should evaporate off .

I would not do this!!! DMT has a melting point of 47–49 °C so your crystals will melt by doing this.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Swim used to use naptha to extract cannabis oil. from time to time the naptha would be contaminated with heavier less volatile [fraction] oil that would not evaporate and tainted the final extract. what colour were the crystals?

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
druglessdouglas a dit:
Swim used to use naptha to extract cannabis oil. from time to time the naptha would be contaminated with heavier less volatile [fraction] oil that would not evaporate and tainted the final extract. what colour were the crystals?

Hmm yes that's a possibility. What's the best way to separate the heavier fraction naphta from the product?

One more question for Bastiaan then: whats the brand of the naphta are you using?

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Thanks for all the answers!!
I smoke it using a standard glass bong, on a filter.
I know this is not at all an ideal way of smoking, I want to make a 'machine' but I can't find coarse steelwool anywhere :S just fine steelwool
What would be a good alternative?
The naphta I used is supposed to be very pure, coleman fuel from Beversport.
Just in case my picture didnt come with my comment, my DMT looks light yellow in appearance.
I also had a batch of a little darker, oilier spice but I cleaned this up redissolving it in some naphta and leaving it in the freezer (the bag on the right)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Colemans fuel is supposed to be of good quality yes.
It's a bit hard to tell but your spice looks fine to me.
It's never a 100% pure. My guess is that your problem is the way you smoke the DMT. About the pipe:
They sell special DMT pipes at a smartshop in Haarlem called "State of Mind".
There is also a state of mind in Utrecht but im not completely sure they also have them.
Mine was only 5 euro's and it works perfectly!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Not wanting to argue just to explain .

"Naphta evaporates at room temperature"

But it takes ages + see what Druglesss said .

"If you have any impurities it will most likely be sodium hydroxide"

Yes , but that doesnt taste like petrol products . Petrol products do .

"DMT has a melting point of 47-49 °"

Where can i read about that please ? I said 60°C after looking at page 415 of TIHKAL . He says that some of the figures come from plant isolates and some from synthetic samples . As to it posibly melting , thats why i said do it on foil or something metal . The product would be usable and free from naptha . I said it because it would be the quickest way to clean it up because i had the impression you wanted to smoke your DMT now not MUCH later .

The way a person smokes DMT has nothing to do with it having a petrol taste , that comes from it having a very unhealthy to smoke petrol product in it .

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
@Bastiaaan: that photo has got to be resized

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
yes thanks a lot GOD! even though I just smoked it again the way it was..
my parents were asleep and i didn't want to wake them up
soon I will go live on my own, this is getting very annoying ^^
But I think it might just be clean and I might just have mistaken its taste.. ive never tasted the smoke of burning plastic OR petrol, perhaps that's the catch
Thx for answers again all
Two more q:

1. - How do I resize my pic? :lol: just open it in paint and make it smaller?

2. - Could someone pass me a link or a photo of what such a DMT pipe Entheonaut is talking about looks like?
Perhaps I can find it somehwere else, I don't come past Haarlem often.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont know if you can do it with that programe . I always use nero photo snap .

I`ll beam your picture down , resize it and try to PM it to you .

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
I'll take a picture of my pipe soon. Stay tuned 8)