Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

schitzophrenia friends

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
I'M interested in anyone who's schitzophrenia and hangs out in the lounge, or has a curiosity towards it. I've been schitzophrenic for 8 years now, participated in the research bank,
had a few mri's , cat scans, read about the nervous system and neurobiology as much as I can.

I'm drug induced but when I lay off the shit, I recover quiet well, no antiphycotic meds needed. Still weak minded though, takes forever to reheal.

Sure has been a phycological thriller not sure if I would do it again.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
I have only known one person that has schizophrenia, and he truly is a very annoying person.

But from your post I see that you are capable of having a logical conversation. What doesn't happen with the person in question, I don't have much curiosity in the condition, but my toughs would be probably different if we met in an other place other than a forum.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
he has a graduate in history. And he reads way too many books and magazines. Whenever he is around he keeps talking and talking mixing up the civil war of Spain with petroleum coming from slave work in Africa. And he hits on pretty young girls too.

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
This might be a little technical for the lounge, but it might help you understand his behaviour more,

The receptors in the brain control the receving and outgoing of chemical messages (neurotransmitters)

Schizophrenias tend to release too many neurotransmitters from the receptors causing an overload or excessive thinking.

anti-physoctic meds bind at the receptor and some how slow down the release of neurotransmitters, giving relief but not fixing the problem.

If his organic and not drug induced, I wish him the best it's a difficult diseae to handle full time.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Drugs dont cause it but their abuse can trigger latent schitzophrenia . Dont abuse drugs , learn how to use them or acept that they arent for you . Learn to control your thoughts , meditation is a good way to start .

Razor29

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mar 2008
i agree with god drug induced is a stretch

who gave you this diagnosis

what where the symptoms

what kind of schizophrenia was it

what was the absolute corellation between drugs and the manifestation of the problem

any family history of it

its hard to heal from it in actuality you cant it can only be subdued

i know 2 people with it

one of them is my best friend and his ilness became clear during an acid trip

but then again their where warning signed and symptoms long b4 his use of acid and he has a family history

was it schizophrenia or some kind of psychosis or psychotic break down

i dont like it when people are vague

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i had a friend that had it
we always knew there was something up with him because he acted pretty strangely
he once cut my friends hand open with a boxcutter...
and he once stabbed like 7 holes in my bedroom door with a pocket knife when he was stoned

anyway at one point in his life he was smoking heaps of weed and sort of separated from our group of friends a bit, i think he was watching me because no one in my house and none of my friends smoked cigarettes at that point in time and there were heaps of butts in the front garden outside a window...creeped me out, i also heard rumors that he wanted to burn my house down and i never knew why, he threatened to do that to another friend of mine and he once talked to me about wanting to abduct a guy from school and torture him
...so one day he tried to kill himself, luckily enough his uncle came home because he forgot something and found him in the bathroom OD'd on prescription pills
after getting his stomach pumped and recovering he was diagnosed with schizophrenia

i saw him again not too long ago and he seems to be doing alot better
hes got a job now and does drink or take any drugs
he still smokes though...

i think he always had it but i think the weed messed him up worse than it was before
i feel sorry for him but hes the only person i have fear for in this world and unfortunately i lost a friend to his own mind

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
I was just pointing out the chemical imbalance and how it works, it's a popular theroy which I tend to favour and very interesting.

Didn't want to go into weather or not, or how much substance abuse contributes to induced schitzophrenia.

But to answer you questions razor 29

Diagonized by two seperate mental health orginazations.

At the beginning phycossis, depression and anxiety which further developed into schitz...

just schitzophrenia, never paranoid, disorginized,catatonic, undifferentiated or residual as far as I know.

absolute correlation , not sure by what you mean sorry.

it's not heredity

just to say, I've lern't now i'm very senestive to drugs, I'm sure it was a combination of phycological problems and substances that brought it on at the time.

Anyways hope that answered some of your questions razor

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
How's it affect you?
Like on an average day...and what can you control easily?
if you dont mind answering

I've always been really really curious about schizophrenia and I've thought it'd be interesting to be friends with somene who has it, to kind of understand what the different perspective is like.
[although your friend sounds a bit frightening Crimzon "/]

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm extremely interested in some more depth information.

I have felt the onset of schizophrenia a few times, and have recovered from a year and a half of depression that accompanied after it.

It was never textbook schizophrenia, however, it was more like extreme-dissasociation, I would be so seperated from reality I couldn't talk, I saw everything as the same, people trees, buildings, nothing was unique about anything.

I did start to have delusions and hit a few hallucinations (however I associated these with being high and/or very sleepy)

I am extremely interested in what you perceive.

Oh. And yes I do have a friend with schizophrenia. He smoked weed daily alone, listened to rap, and slowly got the idea that he was a wanted drug dealing thug. he beat the shit out of his dad and hit his little brother, he has been on lithium pills and is almost completely normal when on them.

The thing is - He doesn't talk, about anything other than jokes, and drinking, and drugs. He is a very, very funny person though.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Nina_is_alive a dit:
I've always been really really curious about schizophrenia and I've thought it'd be interesting to be friends with somene who has it, to kind of understand what the different perspective is like.
[although your friend sounds a bit frightening Crimzon "/]
well its not like all people who have it are like that though
i had a next door neighbour who wasnt scary at all, she was a nice lady as far as i knew
my friend was just a a bad case and he also had alot of bad things happen to him through his life as well
im more than half convinced he was a psychopath as well tho... but i dno

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Threads like this frighten me because they get filled with peoples personal fantasy diagnosies , dishonest excuses about why a person is ill , people who dont listen to any advice and just want others to tell them they can continue to abuse drugs , and people who shouldnt be takeing any drugs at all .

Dont take drugs . Go to a doctors and get help but be VERY carefull as there are VERY many shit doctors out there that fill you full of anti drug propogasnda and tell you the drugs did it . The truth is it happened and abuseing drugs isnt a good idea for people with it . The drugs didnt cause it .

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
personal fantasy diagnosies, I agree with this, but people like to share.

check out this web site it's a good one SEROQUEL: Bipolar Disorder www.seroquel.com/ (under schitzophrenia tab)

however GOD you should ring around (mental health) and find out more about drug induced schitzophrenia.

I've had schitzohrenia for nearly 10 years, and I never took any more drugs or any less then my friends, why it opened pandoras box for me and not them is unknown.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Stop talking shit . Take YOUR own responsibility , AND GET FACTS NOT ANTI DRUG PROPOGANDA and stop blameing YOUR problems on drugs . Drugs do not cause mental problems . Anyone who say they do is a sharlatan and should offer proof . YOU had a latent schitzophrenia , end . YOU abuseing drugs might have triggered YOUR latent schitzophrenia to get worse but it didnt cause it . YOU opened YOUR pandoras box . You said drugs didnt cause schitzophrenia in any of your friends , and most people who have used drugs throughout time havent had mental problems . So it wasnt the drugs........IT WAS YOU .

Go and find a competent honest doctor and stop being a victim of sharlatans .

I`m not critisizeing you , i hope you get some competent help . Untill you do you wont get better . Your doctors are useing you to back up their own personal world view . A world view not backed up by facts . A world view based on ignorance and bigotry .

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Honestly if you have diagnosed schizophrenia any drugs besides anti-psychotics are very dangerous.

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
hate to say it but the mental healths offical statement is.
THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT THE USE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS INCLUDING CANNABIS CAN LEAD TO PHYCOSSIS, DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY.

which in some cases can have been exstreme enough to develop schitzophrenia.

So you stop talking shit god, just cause i impose on your little crusaide don't try and strong arm my opionon.

Facts read around , ring around your like a tirent who just won't listen.

I spoke to doctors, drug info lines my doctors , all agree with me.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
viljo a dit:
hate to say it but the mental healths offical statement is.
THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT THE USE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS INCLUDING CANNABIS CAN LEAD TO PHYCOSSIS, DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY.

which in some cases can have been exstreme enough to develop schitzophrenia.

So you stop talking shit god, just cause i impose on your little crusaide don't try and strong arm my opionon.

Facts read around , ring around your like a tirent who just won't listen.

ad authoritum... show me a study.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Psychology and its definitions are a joke, besides of that i think propaganda about "illigal drugs" is really the cause of that symptoms... Also the society itself is responsible for the symptoms, because there is no room for mind expension, and "losing ur ego" in this society indeed can be frighting.

But in reality nothing of that exist, if u look how the DSM standards are created u'll understand., I can be classified as a social phobic if i have certain symptoms but at the end, it only "works" if u believe them and when u do, it even works as a catalyst. Cause it will shape ur reality.

yes docters all believe in the dsm standard, whole society does, so its logical they agree with u