Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

San pedro

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
could you post a picture of the top? with the color of the new grown spines? it looks like a torch but this picture could seal the deal :D

edit: they haven't put out flowers have they?

Diacetyl-M

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Avr 2009
They haven't grown any new thorns in a while cause I bring them inside in the winter, and it was hard to get a good shot of them. When the thorns first sprout they are almost translucent and slightly beige, then they turn brown and as they age turn grey/white. Occansionally they are a darker brown but usually not....as I said it seems to vary. Thanks for all the help!

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
the top say torch to me but the grey/bone colored spines say Trichocereus cuzcoensis to me, cusco's and torches look almost the same. but there are some sources that claim there are chemical differences. cant find the sites i read about the differences at the moment and I don't know how potent a cuzco is.

but I am still pretty new to ID'ing cactus (learning a lot! :D) and all the hybrids make a good ID pretty hard :p

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
cute!!! How long does it take, to grow a san pedro with a length of let say 30cm? Just curious....

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
depends on the root system, the weather, the cactus and other stuff but anywhere one to three years.

Edit: sorry didn't see you where talking about growing from seed :p two to three years should do it. you could graft a baby cactus on a faster growing rootstock and have a 30 cm specimen in a year and a half. for columnar cactus like tricho's impale grafting is perfect, just google for it. Pereskiopsis would be a good rootstock.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
they look like peruvian to me! when you decide to eat some, i would turn 1 1/2 ft of cacti into a brew. let us know how it turns out!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
MMMmmmmm they look tasty:) i cant wait till my KK242 get that size..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
Which technique U used for 2 head induced growth?

I have no idea! It just started growing that way.
I have another, similar cactus, it has also been cut 2 times, and it also started pinning two branches, but then one just stopped growing. Maybe it will grow later, I have no idea.

From what I read the San Pedro will just eventually grow more branches when they get older, even if you don't cut them.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
U have described classic way how to get more heads from one piece.
And bout "static" head, if it still remains green, healthy, but doesn't grow as it could that shows low root potency. And minerals level is maybe too low. Look on my links here and posts bout cacti growing. Explains everything.Which mineral and which combo U need for better roots and cause of that cacti head better growth.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
GORAN!!! YOUR ALIVE!!!!

its good to see your still alive n kickin:) i just made an order from peru, for 900 grams of san pedro, and 250 grams of jeruma mimosa hostilis root bark. SWIM is thinking about smoking some pure DevineMomentsofTruth while on 100 grams of pedro! SWIM will let ya know how it turns out:p

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Ultima a dit:
GORAN!!! YOUR ALIVE!!!!

its good to see your still alive n kickin:) i just made an order from peru, for 900 grams of san pedro, and 250 grams of jeruma mimosa hostilis root bark. SWIM is thinking about smoking some pure DevineMomentsofTruth while on 100 grams of pedro! SWIM will let ya know how it turns out:p

Can be hell of trip. Wonder how will mind react on DMT shock. And U are already tripping! I am giving U very high chance of passing out!

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
or at least a mind wipe. dmt is anyway hard to remember :p

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
And bout "static" head, if it still remains green, healthy, but doesn't grow as it could that shows low root potency. And minerals level is maybe too low.

I made a photo of the cactus with the pinhead that stopped growing. It doesn't look malnourished to me - the other part is growing like crazy (given that the cactus has been cut off this February or so - it was much smaller than the double cactus in the first pictures!).

While I was at it, I made another photo of the double-headed specimen, also a little larger now. The colors of these two cacti are totally different, this one is a much lighter green with a yellow touch. Somehow the double-headed one looks more speckled in the picture than in real life, must be the high contrast.

This time it's only snapshots in the sunlight with some flash for fill light, doesn't look as high-class as the first pictures with the 3-point lighting setup and the black background, but I didn't have the time right now to set that up again.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
looks like you will have an other double headed cactus to me ;) looks like the upper cactus is also pupping a new head. nice cacti btw!

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
skoeip a dit:
looks like you will have an other double headed cactus to me ;) looks like the upper cactus is also pupping a new head. nice cacti btw!

I hope it will grow again later. It stopped growing because the other one was growing so fast, I guess.