Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

San pedro

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

A

amaste

Invité
Hello all, this weekend I'll be receiving a foot of San Pedro and, it being my first time, I was wondering if I should take it at night or during the day? I originally was going to take it in the day - the light would be so beautiful after all - but since there's a full moon on my birthday this year (February 7th) I'm really tempted to wait until then to celebrate... Thoughts and experiences on night vs. day trips?
Also, this is my first "trip" since when I took shrooms a few months back I only took 2 gms.

Best,
- A

CactInsane

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
DAY DAY DAY!!! ALWAYS!! Never at night unless your a real night owl...lol
You'll never be able to sleep if you take it at night, trust me...
Best time to take it is early in the morning so that you trip throughout the day and come down from the trip at night so that you''l be able to get some rest.
Cheerz

Christiaan26

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Sept 2012
Hello, i've been reading one and another about San pedro. One article sais that the number of spines the cactus has, is off influence on the experience. So 4 spines wouls give you a "trip to hell", and between 7/9 spies would be good, less than 5/6 would give a mild experience. Is this true? San pedro sells these with less (4/5) spines but are cheaper than from *******... Anyone? :? Thnx

Christiaan26

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Sept 2012
Ribs
Each San Pedro cactus can vary in number of ribs, according to “The Hummingbirds’ Journey to God”, by Ross Heaven, this can determine the experience and therefore application of the plant.
Seven and nine ribs generates “gentle and beautiful brews. Those with six or eight are not so strong, while elevens-13 can be very intense but also sometimes dark, however, those with four ribs we only ever use for exorcisms. You don’t ever want to try a San Pedro like this; the visions are horrible and take you to Hell” *1

boboav

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
3 Sept 2012
the peruvian natives still say 4 is the strongest San Pedro, this should be related to the 4 twenty

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I don't know, night time was always the best time to trip. You could go out in the world and experience so many different things. It is always an adventure and way less people to harsh your gig! You have to get outdoors though! I liked the occasional day trip but for some reason always got way more out of the night time. Who cares about sleep there will be plenty of time to rest when we dye! LOL

Now I am guessing that you had your experience by looking again at the date, what was the outcome? How was it... trip report?

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The night has always been fine for me. The San Pedro trip can get very colorful, and a few tiny light sources will seem like a full blown discotheque to you.
If you can make it late at night so that you will be able to see the sun rise while still tripping, that will be awesome, I guarantee!

Sinesis

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Mar 2012
Traditionally, daytime San Pedro is about celebration, connection, community, connecting with nature... great to do with other people, great to get outside and connect with plants, the earth, etc.

Night time San Pedro is more about inward journey... sitting in one spot, going inside you. Also the opportunity to connect with the stars... and to greet the dawn, to feel the whole world wake up around you.

Both are beautiful, just different experiences.

beefcharcoal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
Actually now looking back I think nepenthes is right, the spines dont match that of a San Pedro.

Milosackville

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Fev 2013
I am thinking this: Plants have the ability to multiply their chromosomes to enhance certain traits such as size and numbers of leaves, spines, flowers etc. If the genes controlling the number of spines occur on the same chromosomes as the genes that control how much mescaline is produced in an individual plant then that would mean that San Pedros with more spines might be capable of producing more mescaline simply because they have more copies of said chromosome.

However, I feel the reality of the situation might very well be far more complicated than that.

Jeunot

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Nov 2012
I believe that the number of ribs can change the strength, but not the effects of the cactus... it is still the same molecule, mescaline is mescaline, no ?

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
I think that the less ribs a cactus has then the lower the volume of the plant would be when compaired to its surface area. A plant with more ribs has a higher volume to surface area ratio. The mescaline and other alkoliods are said to be produce in the layer just below the wax in the surface of the skin, in lower volume to surface area ratios then their is more of this layer per gram of the plant.The alkoloids are produced in relation to stress and small plants with low volume to surface area will become stressed by say cold air or drought far more easily.This in my opinion would cause the cactus to produce more mescaline/alkoloids in responce.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
and to add to this, I do not think the number of ribs would cause a "bad" trip or dark experience. Other than the self influencing trip where the belief that a bad trip will happen causes the bad trip to happen. Good trip, Bad trip its all down the user.

Set and setting people.