Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia smoke too hot.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I find it very difficult to hold in the smoke after lighting a bowel in my little tobacco pipe with carbon filter. I end up coughing a bit, which sends a few leaves into the air, still burning, which worries me.

I've no money to get a water pipe, so what are the recommended uses and technique of chewing the leaf?

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
chew about 7g of dried leaf for about 20 - 30 minutes without swallowing

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
+1

its difficult especially near the end but worth it. and 7g should get you there. it helps to have a bowl or cup ready to spit it out into, if you aren't into swallowing it :lol:

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
make yourself a waterpipe with a plastic bottle.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
random a dit:
make yourself a waterpipe with a plastic bottle.
my thoughts exactly
coke bottle bong that shit dude

You need a coke bottle (or any other plastic 600ml bottle)
a piece of watering hose or some kind of suitable tubing
and a conepiece that will fit in one end of the hose without falling out (duct tape works to secure it, blue tac also)

Make a hole for the hose about 1/3 way up bottle (*tip. using a lighter to burn the hole works best, make the hole just a little bit too small for the hose then while the plastic is still warm push the hose through, this makes it airtight, if its not tight enough use blue tac or duct tape, easy to do)

Insert the hose so the hose is bending/angled down into the bottom of the bottle.

then make a smaller hole (small enough to easily cover with a finger) just above the first about an inch or so

Secure the cone/bowl onto the hose

Fill bottle with water so that the hose is in water, but the water level does not reach the hole.

then simply fill with salvia or sweet sweet ganja / any other herb you want to smoke
spark and enjoy

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
+1

its difficult especially near the end but worth it. and 7g should get you there. it helps to have a bowl or cup ready to spit it out into, if you aren't into swallowing it :lol:

I tried it again, I measured a good bit of 10x (about 7 grams or so) and held it in my mouth. I noticed no effects after 30 mins (and all the saliva in my mouth was driving me nuts, so I swallowed it.)

After another 30 mins, I noticed nothing either. I fell asleep soon after. When I woke up the next morning, I had a horrible stomach ache, which made bowel movements (Yes, I know-- disgusting) not as usual. I had diarrhea throughout the day. I'll never swallow the leaves again, nor chew them. For me, at least it's quicker to smoke the leaf with the extract.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Extract is to be smoked, leafs are to be chewed. Chewing the leaves doesn't produce an intense experience as does smoking it, I would recommend this:

Glass Bong!
Lots of Ice Cubes!
Orange Juice!
20x Extract!
Butane Lighter!

Fill the bong with OJ, followed by the Ice Cubes(as many as you can fit). Load your bowl up with the 20x extract, light it with your Butane Lighter(torch the shit out of it). Take one long deep hit, hold it in for about 15-20 seconds(or as long as you can manage). Works EVERYTIME. No more hot smoke killing your throat/lungs, and the OJ takes away from the taste a little bit.

Salvia extract tastes and smells like flake fish food. :idea:

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
I know this topic is rather old (thread necromancy = bad karma) but on the idea of alternatives to smoking, is it possible to do some sort of extraction? If you brewed the leaves/extract into a tea for example, would that tea be psychoactive? If not, what sort of chemicals would you need to do such an extraction, alcohol perhaps?

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I think salvinorin is soluble in acetone, but why would you extract an extract? to ge he pure salvinorin from it? and then what?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" 10x about 7 grams or so"

I dont understand that .

Dont waste time with a water pipe . If its to hot just get a longer stem and dont give it so much fire .

Chew a ball of fresh leves about the size of a ping pong ball while holding it in your cheek for 10 to 20 minutes . Dont swallow it and dont swallow the saliiva at least untill youve spat the quid out .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I used an ordinary lighter, an ordinary shisha and 20X salvia. I just took one slow toke, and kept the smoke in my lungs for as long as I could, which is about one minute, while lying down on my bed, in the dark. With each toke I would be propelled into salvia space for about ten minutes. I did that several times in one evening until everything was finished.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
skoeip a dit:
I think salvinorin is soluble in acetone, but why would you extract an extract? to ge he pure salvinorin from it? and then what?

I was more looking to put it into solution. To make a tea from it the same way Kava Kava is used for example. That way one could avoid the smoke all together. Obviously if acetone is the only thing salvinorin is soluble in, this option is WAY out of the question.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If it wasnt soluble / extractable in the spit in your mouth ........ = water ........ there would be no effect when it gets chewed .

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
GOD a dit:
If it wasnt soluble / extractable in the spit in your mouth ........ = water ........ there would be no effect when it gets chewed .

Wow, ok. I really can not believe that I missed that. That gives me a lot more hope for a water-based tea. Thank you God for pointing that out, I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

fluoroantimonic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Déc 2008
Be prepared to drink a few tens of gallons of tea.. Salvinorin has a very low solubility in water.. there are some other compounds in the leaves that do allow a little of it to dissolve in water (pure Salv-A wouldn't dissolve at all), but it's solubility is still low. You would probably leave 80-95% of the salv-A in the leaves, and the little that did manage to be dissolved would probably be mostly destroyed in you stomach before be (slowly) absorbed. In short: it won't work. Feel free to try it, but I can almost guarantee it will be a waste of your time.

Why it works at all when you quid it is a little strange. There are things in the leaves (fatty acids, chlorophylls, etc) that to enhance it's absorbtion. Holding it in your mouth is very much different than water extracting it... don't ask me exactly why.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Tell that maria sabina , albert hofmann and Gordon Wasson . The tea might have been cooked down , could have had a little fat added and was probably held in the mouth....... or those three people were talking bullshit ?

fluoroantimonic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Déc 2008
Well go for it if you want. I'm still skeptical. And there are so many better ways to take it anyway, why bother? Also wouldn't the tea taste pretty terrible?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont advocate making a tea and i dont say if one makes one that it will work . All i`m saying is that Maria Sabina said that the Mazteks used a saliva tea .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Yes, the readings I've read indicated they use a lot of leaves, like at least 40 fresh leaves, in tea. Hofmann's partner tried it and tripped but he passed as he wasn't feeling up to it that day. Can't find the source right now. Maybe it was in "my problem child..?" :-/

--edit--

found it: http://www.hallucinogens.com/hofmann/child6.htm about 2/3 the way down in chapter 6 or just search for salvia. sounds like they only did about 12 leaves each though??

ssmithford

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
You know, I'm getting very good results off of a Salvia Tincture using salvia 40x. Components are: 1 medicine bottle w/dropper (bought at health food store), 1 tsp 40x salvia, 1/4 everclear. I'd dose starting at 3 droppers under the tongue spaced out over 5 minutes. The everclear will sting a bit. Average time for the trip to start is about 30 to 45 minutes.