Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Question regarding preparation for Mushroom trip.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
Tomorrow I'll be trying mushrooms for the first time.
But as I understood you should not eat anything 4 hours before taking the mushrooms.
I'm a person who gets hungry every couple of hours, so How should I deal with this?

What if I stuff myself with enough food to last about 9 hours, 4 hours before taking the mushrooms, will this not bother the effect of the mushrooms as I will probably have some food somewhere in my stomach to digest!?

Or how do you deal with this issue?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dont eat for 4 hours before you take the mushrooms , but you can drink things like a little tea or water . Or just stuff yourself and be prepared for stomach problems , puking , a weaker uncoimfortabler trip and a longer come up . If you cant stop eating for 4 hours be prepared to get diabetes , age quicker and die young of heart disease or arterialsclerosis .

I respect my body , it is a temple so i dont eat to much or eat shit , thats why i didnt puke and why i had nice trips .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I usually get hungry pretty quickly. But if I prepare for a trip I have no problems fasting for a day and a half (36 hours). Relax, it is all in your mind, your hunger is something that you will forget and it will return to you once your body needs food again. Remember that you have formed a habit that you can take control over or just keep it the way it is. Don't expect to die if you don't eat for 12 hours.

Like GOD said, stuffing yourself is gonna get you in to way more trouble than a little hunger.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
GOD a dit:
Dont eat for 4 hours before you take the mushrooms , but you can drink things like a little tea or water . Or just stuff yourself and be prepared for stomach problems , puking , a weaker uncoimfortabler trip and a longer come up . If you cant stop eating for 4 hours be prepared to get diabetes , age quicker and die young of heart disease or arterialsclerosis .

I respect my body , it is a temple so i dont eat to much or eat shit , thats why i didnt puke and why i had nice trips .

I don't get your point about the diabetes.

But anyway, my point is:
Sure I don't have to necessarily eat for 4 hours before, but the trip lasts about 6 hours as well.
And that makes it 10 hours, which is quite some time to not eat!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Once you are on the trip you either wont feel hungry or you will try something , and then you will either enjoy it or feel disgusted by it . And like Forkbender says , its not a big deal . Dont worry about it . Diabetes comes from eating to much or eating to many sweet things , carbohydrates . If i remember rightly .

If you cant stop eating for 4 hours or even imagin it you have a problem and i can only shake my head and think you should go to a doctor . How much do you weigh and what do you do at night , eat a load before you go to bed or wake up every 2 hours and stuff yourself ??? Or do you have an intra veinous drop in your arm all night ??? Do you wake up every morning with malnutrition and eat everything in sight ???? If you stop eating for a day it would do you good and everything would taste much better .

G

Invité
I take the opportunity of this post to ask an old question, once the plateau has been reached, does eating something (light stuff) tends to make the trip go away ?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thinking about it i think that it probably would . Because either it would contain something that had a drug / physiologic effect of its own or that the bodys waste disposal system would start to clean the blood to make way for it or just that it contained things that would conect to receptors in your brain and give it something else to do .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think that eating something after the plateau might slow the trip down quicker than usual. Not because of sugars or anything in the food, it's just that your mind starts grabbing at matter again, instead of letting go. Psychologically, you are binding yourself to things and this tends to be disruptive to the state of mind you're in.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I thought that eating just slows the rate of absorbtion in your stomach, and once your are fully tripping, everything is suppose to be absorbed, so in my opinion I don't think that eating on at the peak would hurt, as I very well could be wrong.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Eating on the peak may well be okay. I just never felt like it. Not anywhere near. The last thing on your mind is eating. (Except, of course, if you find yourself in a mindloop which shows you your obsession with food, but this will make you feel not very well, imho). After the peak I have eaten some fruit sometime (about 6 hours after ingestion of the mushrooms) and this is okay, food tastes great and it is a nice way to land. Recently I stopped doing this, though, as I feel I kind of lose myself in it.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
As soon as the trip kicks in there's no way you will get hungry. Assuming the trip is strong enough.
I can remember once holding a bottle of water for what seemed like an hour before taking a sip, just because I couldn't organize the movements and because I forgot that I had been thirsty and there was a bottle in my hands.
However taking the first sip of water then felt like the waters of life were flowing down my throat. I think I held the bottle for another hour or so because it was so amazing.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
tryptonaut ,

Sounds like what i call a real trip .