Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Phalaris Arundinacea extraction

Krapuul

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
Hellohello
Yesterday i did a little experiment on DMT extraction.
I did it with 'Phalaris arundinacea', just because it's cheap and i don't want to mess up a nice mimosa root bark. :wink:

For this test i used the 'Marsofolds tek'.
I had a little bush, from like 50 cm in height (i really don't know how much grams.)

Well... the result of the extraction is a greenish oil kind of stuff.
It isn't much, but that doesn't care, because this was just a little experiment to get used to the proces. :roll:
what i'm wondering now is, if this extraction really contains DMT?

You can't smell it from there ofcourse, but maybe someone has experience with a simulair result. :)

I'm not really intending to use it (yet), but i'm just interrested in the extraction proces. ;)

Thanks!

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I don't think u should smoke that :)
if it really gave dmt I think you should have seen more crystal forming

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
I tried a marsofold on 1 kg of arundinacea and get few drops of yellow oily residue... that I dropped out of course.
Arundinacea seems indeed a bad source of usefull stuff.
Ones may try with Phalaris Grass ?

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
why not just buy some mimosa :) ??

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
ProStoner a dit:
why not just buy some mimosa :) ??

or is it the curiosity and seeing it as a challenge to try and extract other dmt containing plants ?
I can fully understand that too :)

Z

zad

Invité
Just try smoking it and see what happens, thats all part of the fun :P

it says in Psychedelic Shamanism book that u end up with a gummy tar and thats what u smoke.

be interested to know if it worked

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I doubt if that is enough to get effects from :P

Krapuul

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
Yeah, and apart from that, I have already thrown it away :)

Very soon i will do an extraction on hostilis 8)

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
I found some nice info on phalaris extraction, coming from Jim DeKorne's corner. I really like the wheatgrass juicer one (the 2nd method of the two mentioned below).

His idea of canary grass extraction is this:

# Pulverize the grass clippings
# Add water, "enough... to make a pourable soup"
# Acidify to pH 5 or so
# (Optional) Simmer the acidified soup in a slow cooker overnight, not allowing the liquid to evaporate. ("It may take two or three such operations to get all of the alkaloids into solution")
# Strain the plant matter through cheesecloth, then through a paper coffee filter
# Add 10-15% of the mass of the solution in a "defatting solvent" such as methylene chloride, ether, chloroform, or naptha.
# Shake vigorously
# The crap will go into the solvent, leaving the good stuff in the water.
# Separate the water from the solvent.
# Add a base to the aqueous solution in small increments until the pH gets to about 9 or 10. This converts the alkaloids into their free base.
# Extract with 10% of the mass of the solution of an organic solvent four times, at one 24-hour and then three weekly intervals. The solvent layer will take on a darker tint, usually yellowish or reddish-brown. It will take almost a month to extract all of the alkaloids, and the solution should be shaken at least twice a day between extractions.
# Evaporate the solvent off from the combined extract fractions. You now have the alkaloids.

In a later publication, "The Entheogen Review", DeKorne has more information on Phalaris extraction:
"The latest scoop is that you don't even have to use chemical extractions anymore - run several handfuls of grass through a wheatgrass juicer (sold in most health food stores) and you'll wind up with a glass or so of incredibly potent liquid. One teaspoon (with MAO inhibition, of course), is a standard dose with strong grass. Only two teaspoons proved very challenging to one of my correspondents - an OD! The juice can be dried and smoked in a bong - two tokes will usually do it."

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Only two teaspoons proved very challenging to one of my correspondents - an OD!

The question to me is, what is causing this OD with Phalaris? I have the idea personally that the bufotenine in Phalaris is not nice, especially when you want to experience high doses. For that reason I still didn't plant my Phalaris yet so I will keep a close eye on this thread ;)

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
Hmm, the way I interpreted Jim DeKorne's text is:

1 teaspoon of the wheatgrass stuff is a good dose with no particularly uncomfortable effects (compared to aya/anahuasca). So the 2 teaspoon dose on which somebody had a dose that was higher than he would have preferred, might be compared to someone using around 250 grams of B. caapi with 150 grams of P. viridis, which will give many unexperienced drinkers an extremely hard time too.

The proof of the pudding is in the taste. In any case, small amounts of psychoactive plants (relative to each plant, such as 10 gr of B. caapi, 0.01gr of C. sativa flowers, 0.05 gr of C. cyanescens, 200 gr of fresh San Pedro, etc.) are never harmful, so building up from low doses up to a dose that I like is never really a problem for me.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
well...having worked with extractions in laboratory before i think this often depends on the acids and bases used and the method...a lot depends on how you do things. what were your acids and bases?
(correct answer: allways monoprotic acids such as HCL and bases such as NaOH, organic stuff to take out organic stuff is done seldom and only for special compounds and if these are in a considerably high percentage in the sample you are extracting from)
and wich were your solvents?
did you defat before basifying the whole?