Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

paranoia control?

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
Psychoid a dit:
Thank it!

Paranoia stopped bothering me when I realised it was just a kind of protection. Your mind is alerting you of every possible threat. However, cannabis seems to make the probability meter high too, so some very unprobable threat may be perceived as imminent. When the paranoia comes, just question the probability of what makes you paranoid (What makes me believe that there is a higher chance than usual that this will happen? and maybe also: Is there usually a high chance that this could happen? (cause paranoia is sometimes justified)), and think how you would have reacted if you were sober.

im paranoid that im "going crazy" not that im getting some kind of mental illness, that im just simply "going crazy" wich i know is redicules but i just have a genral fear of it i guess not real specific just sometimes i have thoughts that are way out there from what im used to and it scares me even though i know im fine. it makes no sence and i understand it makes no sence but its still there. but its fine its just cus im thinking about it n expecting it now, it will drift away.

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Oh I see. I havent had this problem since I have accepted that I am indeed crazy. It's a part of you, don't push it away or fear it, embrace it! Why worry about your crazyness while tripping, play with it, it's a lot of fun (and you may learn a thing or two). I know it sounds much easier than it is when you're spiraling in thoughts like "Am I going insane?" "Is this permanent?" "Have I ever been sane?" "What is sanity?" "Am I ever going to come back to normal?" "I am really weird"

icekrm

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
nobody here speaks about psychosis, schizophrenia etc.

I remember my daily use of hasch in past years and when I tried GBL and felt the withdrawal symptoms, I could not smoke without getting anxious and parano after that.
I'm maybe a mild psychotic

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
icekrm a dit:
nobody here speaks about psychosis, schizophrenia etc.

I remember my daily use of hasch in past years and when I tried GBL and felt the withdrawal symptoms, I could not smoke without getting anxious and parano after that.
I'm maybe a mild psychotic

Many experience a strong feeling that can easily turn to anxeity, but I've learned to turn it around.

Its also like alcohol, if you feel bad and you drink you'll feel worse.
If you feel like shit and smoke weed, you'll feel not so good!

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
avoid doing "simple" things during the high, when you feel problems to memorize, write etc. it is easier to freak out.

Have enough time planned so you don't get into stress.

In the beginning I also got paranoid, maybe regular use (NOT often use, only regular one) will get you used to the effects you feel, e.g. racing thoughts etc.

Listen to some good and relaxing music and not to confusing/stressful things. I once tried to listen to weird stuff like this
and fucking freaked out.

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
Psychoid a dit:
Oh I see. I havent had this problem since I have accepted that I am indeed crazy. It's a part of you, don't push it away or fear it, embrace it! Why worry about your crazyness while tripping, play with it, it's a lot of fun (and you may learn a thing or two). I know it sounds much easier than it is when you're spiraling in thoughts like "Am I going insane?" "Is this permanent?" "Have I ever been sane?" "What is sanity?" "Am I ever going to come back to normal?" "I am really weird"

lol thats true i mean i know i dont mean "crazy" i guess i mean i dont wanna stop being reasonable but i guess that wont happen unless i let it. Thanks tho that just reminded me ive always been that way it just started freakin me out lately cus i talk to people n they dont understand n call me crazy n it reasures the paranoia. i gotaa have fun

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Remember that paranoia is a common symptom of smoking weed. Every regular user experience it to varying degrees. I still have it sometimes when I have smoked a lot and it is late and I'm tired (also mostly when I've been abusing for some time), I feel presences everywhere in my house, I feel watched. But I manage to tell myself it's paranoia and don't freak out and function normally. But I waste a lot of adrenalin.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
"I still have it sometimes when I have smoked a lot and it is late and I'm tired (also mostly when I've been abusing for some time), I feel presences everywhere in my house, I feel watched."

+1

I get this occasionally too.

Adder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Mar 2008
I tend to get paranoia right before the hunger kicks in. I've found that eating a small meal (not a large one) just before smoking helps keep the paranoia away. Also I've found that acknowledging the source of the paranoid feelings can make them less powerful. Whenever I start feeling paranoid I tell myself, "It's a normal reaction to smoking pot" and a lot of the stress goes away. The paranoid thoughts don't leave but they don't have any hold on my thought processes. Once the level of paranoia is reduced some then any change in what you are doing will help push the thoughts out of your mind. Turn on some music or watch a movie or just change your surroundings like going into another room.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
Is this thread about me?

its worth remembering, for the most part, nobody gives a fuck about you and most people are too self absorbed to orchestrate any unpleasant surprises just to piss you off.
i like to think im just not important enough for anybody to bother

bebbolo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Oct 2010
Mnemo a dit:
Is this thread about me?

its worth remembering, for the most part, nobody gives a fuck about you and most people are too self absorbed to orchestrate any unpleasant surprises just to piss you off.
i like to think im just not important enough for anybody to bother

how did you overcome it?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
after a long hard time with paranoia and anxiety I've over come it. I still get a little bit of anxiety when reading stuff like this, but with the progress continueing as it is, I won't have that any more as well.

Alot of what was going on with me was self-consciousness. My thoughts 90% of the time pertained to me, or something that was wrong with me - sounds horrible, and I guess it was!

but here is a realization i've come across: paranoia is lost anxiety - anxiety that is trying to find a place to inhabit. You start to feel anxiety - and then you need to attribute it to something. Cameras? People? The government? Your parents? That guy there standing? Something has to be the source of this - maybe your becoming sick! Maybe you're poisoned! Etc... etc...

But the fact is, this anxiety came from a source - and if you don't identify that source immidiately, you will get paranoia.

So here's the cure; if you feel paranoid, first you need to realize you feel paranoid. Go back the past 15 minutes (or even the last hour) and name everything you've encountered that made you stressed, worried, or anxious in the slightest. Immidiately you should see results - you will either identify what is bothering you, or you will simply not feel anxious anymore.

It work for me atleast. Beyond that, it's alot of realizations to prevent paranoia from happening in the first place. Dramatic shifts in the brain have to happen over time, and unfortunately the best cure is preventive "medicine" - yoga, meditation, etc. Being able to come out of paranoia & anxiety is not the same as curing yourself ultimately, the only way to truly get rid of paranoia is to change dramatically. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge, time, or ability to explain how it is done.

Read "The Brain that Changes Itself" - that was my first step to realizing that the brain is plastic, and good & bad come and go within the "Brain's realty". But the better you understand yourself and how you can build, so to speak, the more and longer the "good" tends to stay.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
bebbolo a dit:
Mnemo a dit:
how did I overcome it?
do you reall want to know?
yes :D

well, its worth remembering, for the most part, nobody gives a fuck about me and most people are too self absorbed to orchestrate any unpleasant surprises just to piss me off. :D