Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Our brains make decisions 10 seconds before we realize

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
lol you're right man. sorry then for having wasted your time. :P

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
your sorry's are nothing and everything to me

dont be sorry

OutThisLife

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Fev 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
You use the words nothing and everything in the same sentance often, but it gets us no where! What am I suppose to take away from that?

In the big picture, there is everything. In our reality, there is nothingness. We usually focus on nothingness, because everything is .. obviously a bit much, and hardly matters.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
lol!
that made my day!!! honestly that was pure gold!! thank you guys!!! :) :) :)
:weedman:

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
i don't get it.
10 seconds is a lot of time.
This would mean that one can't answern a question in 3 seconds?
or am i stupid?
a few milliseconds would be logical, the time it takes or the "decision" to be converted to speach
consciousness lags on reality, but 10 seconds is a sea of time

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think 10 seconds was a misquote...

Either that or some decisions that can take time, take 10 seconds in your subconscious. I think someone already addressed your question though previiously

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
jup, i see, i didn't read the thread as i had to take the train :p sorryz
Those 10 secs are obviously wrong indeed.
But this lagging behind on reality is kinda logical imo... If our consciousness would not be lagging behind, we could throw away everything we know (or think we know) about biophysics and biophysiology.
Though, it would be nice if they'd discover something that's a prove against modern science.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
im more than positive that they are referencing ten milliseconds. i saw not too long ago, a 'fight science' special on tv that analyzed a kung-fu practitioner for the speed of his reaction time. they found that, from the light flash they showed him, to his recognizing and initiating a strike (they used brain scanning to gauge his reaction time, not his actual point of physical movement) was roughly 4 milliseconds. that's practicing every day. in this study, they concluded in the same manner, that his strikes were faster than a snakes, which was something around 6. little fun facts