Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Old weed vs nowadays weed

rosealfanso

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Avr 2012
I think Sticki may be rite somehow, but what happened is all the pure sativa weed like the maui-wowie that was around 25 years ago is gone now. Today most growers are doing Indica or crosses to increase yield.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
it's not gone, believe me. :wink: it's just not as "popular".

another relatively easy way to obtain more sativa type seeds is to find a batch of really "stringy" mids (low grade cannabis), you know, the stemmy kind with the large long leaves (with seeds). this seems like a shit deal, but from that, one has obtained sativa seeds (somewhat).

purebred seeds are like purebred dogs. there is no inherent advantage, and in fact, purebreeding in many cases creates distinct disadvantages. one can grow amazing cannabis from any seeds, even and especially mids seeds, it's just that genetic variation from one seed to the next will be a bit higher.

the key is to sprout many at once and wait until they mature a little into small plants. once they start to preflower it will be apparent which ones are sativa and which are not. choose whichever seem most appealing.

Headache

Banni
Inscrit
2 Fev 2012
Here in italy the weed is not the top, but sometimes i buy a very nice stuff, like
the dutch ganja!
About 5-8 years ago the weed was average quality,
tending to the poor, but the hash has always been more than acceptable!

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
ophiuchus a dit:
thc thc thc. i would like to see more buds with increased (balanced) levels of CBD. awakening fresh and alive trumps waking up in a carnival mirror any day.

Jorge Cervantes and many others are working with a wonderful project. The CBD Project.

http://projectcbd.org/
http://www.facebook.com/CBDiary?ref=sgm

I've read some of the improvements. Cannatonic sounds pretty good. Haven't tried it yet. But the future's so bright ... I gotta wear shades .. ...

I've never noticed the carnival mirror effect though. One way to avoid that would be to juice it, eat it raw or extract it with alcohol or butane. The trick would be to not let it get heated. The decarboxyliation of removing a COOH molecule through heat is what makes the THCA active. Taking Canna Caps made from butane is very medicinal with little or no high effect at all. To get the high effect, bake the pot before extraction. But that's for a different thread.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i appreciate your advice, but don't get me wrong, i love the cannabis plant for all it has to offer. being high helped me to see many things around me. the day after however has not always been so kind. the cloudy headed, spacey feeling is what i meant by "carnival mirror" effects, it's when ones perceptions are thrown off afterwards.

i recently took a long leave of absence from cannabis (year or so, can't remember) until recently, wherein i vaporized some with a friend. this was some good looking mids, was more of a sativa type plant. the high was pleasant, however, it was the next day that was amazing. i sprang out of bed clear and ready to go. even the days prior when i was perfectly sober, i did not have near as easy of a time waking up. from memory, i have not ever experienced this with any high grade cannabis.

my theory is that the mids strain had not undergone nearly as much selective breeding, therefore possibly contained a higher ratio of CBD to THC.

G

Gabriella95

Invité
Your forum is one of the best I've seen your posts and especially your writings are very interesting.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
ophiuchus a dit:
thc thc thc. i would like to see more buds with increased (balanced) levels of CBD. awakening fresh and alive trumps waking up in a carnival mirror any day.

+1

I stick to good old fashioned weed which has a higher CBD compared to THC. Somehow i like that high more and consider it way safer on the mind than weed with high THC. Earlier when i used to smoke high THC hash i used to feel a little sedated, now after a break of 1 year i smoke weed rarely and whenever i do i prefer the old weed which is widely available in my country and has a happier but relaxed high. I'm up for modern strains provided the ratio of CBD:THC is good

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
For the longest time I had people that told me the stuff from Mexico was crap, I grew up on Mexican and enjoyed it very much. I had a chance to spend some time in Mexico in the last few years and when you get out of the production belt and into some of the smaller farms they produce a very nice bud that reminds me of the old stuff I grew up with. Yes there is some crap that comes from MX but there is a lot of really good stuff that can be found if you know where to look.

On a side note I asked a farmer there why we don't see this stuff in the north, he laughed and said that they save that for themselves! I found it very funny to, but it could have been the stuff we were smoking!

I prefer that to any of the specialty blends that I see up north, and IMO it blows the stuff from Oregon away!