Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Nothing ever dies????

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
BrainEater a dit:
but it's the greatest danger possible. because such revelations are prone to be wanted to be owned by someone or at least the useful thing about the theory.

Science is the religion of modern man. Its priests in the ceremonial white coats are the only one that converse with modern god. and whenever you hear the words "Scientists discovered..." stand in awe and behold their wisdom, for you are unworthy for the truth!

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
psm a dit:
BrainEater a dit:
but it's the greatest danger possible. because such revelations are prone to be wanted to be owned by someone or at least the useful thing about the theory.

Science is the religion of modern man. Its priests in the ceremonial white coats are the only one that converse with modern god. and whenever you hear the words "Scientists discovered..." stand in awe and behold their wisdom, for you are unworthy for the truth!

nice one!!!!!!! :weedman: :lol:

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Even infinity has an end. It's just really far away!

No. The term infinity is use to describe something that goes on forever. That is why they use that word. Infinity really interests me because I cannot grasp it. For a second, sit there, and think of whatever it is go on forever, you cannot and will never beable to describe it, in our language at least.

PEACE & LOVE

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
user_1919 a dit:

No. The term infinity is use to describe something that goes on forever. That is why they use that word. Infinity really interests me because I cannot grasp it. For a second, sit there, and think of whatever it is go on forever, you cannot and will never beable to describe it, in our language at least.

PEACE & LOVE

if you are aware of your thought loops or create them by yourself you might be able to see the infinity in your thoughts.

but maybe you will describe them as mere circles, yet them being spirals. or maybe they are circles indeed which would explain the infinity in them. (the thoughts)

peace.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Nomada a dit:
so circles contain infinity, and not spirals?

well spirals are like transition forms for circles (transformation)... and therefore i can't really answer your question....

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
user_1919 a dit:

No. The term infinity is use to describe something that goes on forever.
Infinity is paradoxial bullshit invented for the short minded.
the overly usage in mathematics does not make it true. neither of us knows if he is right and we will never be able to proof it. because it is a damn paradox. it is one of many jokes in mathematics, which most people just don't get. It's like a zen koan. something to meditate, but not build reality on.

user_1919 a dit:
Infinity really interests me because I cannot grasp it. For a second, sit there, and think of whatever it is go on forever, you cannot and will never beable to describe it, in our language at least.

"solar fart"
see? easypeesy

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
BrainEater a dit:
Nomada a dit:

well spirals are like transition forms for circles (transformation)... and therefore i can't really answer your question....

A circle is a loop. a spiral has a start and end.
the circle is 2D, the spiral 3D.
one describes life, the other one holds it.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
BrainEater a dit:
Nomada a dit:

yet you said: " or maybe they are circles indeed which would explain the infinity in them". This is why I asked.

Circles are prime symbols of infinity. But spirals get their part as well I think.

"A circle is a loop. a spiral has a start and end.
the circle is 2D, the spiral 3D.
one describes life, the other one holds it."

There are 2D spirals and 3D spheres...
Whats the difference between describing it and holding it?

:retard: :weedman:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Infinity is paradoxial bullshit invented for the short minded.
the overly usage in mathematics does not make it true. neither of us knows if he is right and we will never be able to proof it. because it is a damn paradox. it is one of many jokes in mathematics, which most people just don't get. It's like a zen koan. something to meditate, but not build reality on.

It's not pardoxial bullshit, it is, 'you cannot understand it, so it must be bullshit'. The term infinity is used to describe something that goes on forever. That why the term is there. If we wanted to describe something very very large, we would use some form of measurment, like 600 billion light years, but if something does not end, it's called infinity, period. You are trying to fundamentally change the words meaning; there is a reason why its called infinity and not something else. You say it is for the short-minded, well you can call me short-minded, because I have not wrapped my mind around that term yet, and when you do, please come talk to me. It is a term I think about everynight. Sit outside, lay down on the grass, smoke a joint and try to wrap my mind around that this Universe goes on forever! I cannot comphrend it, and because I cannot comphred it, does not make it false, because something in the whole complex must go on forever.

PEACE & LOVE

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Infinity is too much for our limited minds. Yet to imagine it, nothing more than imagination is required. If you believe in unlimited imagination then you can maybe find it out by reflecting on infinity and then you will experience unlimited imagination ??? Well probably not, but maybe you will come closer to "unlimited" imagination.... I suppose it might be interesting why the imagination is limited, but i guess it is mostly because of oneself having limited it .....

i don't know ...

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Imagination is not limited. Culture has limited our imagination, eat some mushrooms, smoke some Marijuana, and tell me imagination is limited! :D

PEACE & LOVE

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
user_1919 a dit:
Imagination is not limited. Culture has limited our imagination, eat some mushrooms, smoke some Marijuana, and tell me imagination is limited! :D

PEACE & LOVE

alright .... i will smoke a bowl right now and afterwards i will TRY to tell you that imagination is limited :weedman:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
You need some mushrooms too, to break down that cultural barrier. Unless you can achieve that through Marijuana.

PEACE & LOVE

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
"Imagination is not limited. Culture has limited our imagination."

:D :D :D it is a paradox in itself. imagination itself is not limited, yet "our" imagination has been limited by cultural dogmas.

we have been programmed to having limited imagination, by everything we see and experience and get to know. but at the same time we probably have been programmed to the opposite by that.

it's a whole mechanism of dogmas that describe reality for our consciousness. i guess most of the dogmas are done automatically by the brain. probably the dogmas have to do with the experience and therefore memories and of course perception. i think perception is seen as real reality by the brain.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Exactly!

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
user_1919 a dit:
It's not pardoxial bullshit, it is, 'you cannot understand it, so it must be bullshit'. The term infinity is used to describe something that goes on forever. That why the term is there. If we wanted to describe something very very large, we would use some form of measurment, like 600 billion light years, but if something does not end, it's called infinity, period. You are trying to fundamentally change the words meaning; there is a reason why its called infinity and not something else. You say it is for the short-minded, well you can call me short-minded, because I have not wrapped my mind around that term yet, and when you do, please come talk to me. It is a term I think about everynight. Sit outside, lay down on the grass, smoke a joint and try to wrap my mind around that this Universe goes on forever! I cannot comphrend it, and because I cannot comphred it, does not make it false, because something in the whole complex must go on forever.

PEACE & LOVE

It is a paradox. however you turn it. it as one of the things we will NEVER EVER be able to proof. it is all just hypothetical crap. I do not condone it, just because i cannot understand it (my imaginary is big enough for infinity), I condone it, because I understand where it comes from and what it is used for. And that is just make-believe. People tend to define it as an absolute reality, although it will be the one thing, we, as humans will never be able to proof. because we would need to be around until the end of infinity to proof it's infinite which is of course impossible...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
so if it really were the case that nothing ever died, you couldn't prove it to be so, because of the stated reasons ???? is that right ??? :weedman:

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
BrainEater a dit:
so if it really were the case that nothing ever died, you couldn't prove it to be so, because of the stated reasons ???? is that right ???
I was talking about infinity, which is a paradox and the measly way to decribe something humans can't wrap their mind around, so they made something up, just like they did with personifying god.

The reason why nothing dies is, because death is just a way we describe a natural transition. for humans it is mostly perceived as an end of a journey. for mother nature it is a simple transition from one state into the other. from a walking biomass to compost, or from a big source of light to a big bang. etc...