Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Newest experiment

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Going to do another psychological experiment. This time on myself!

I do not know when I will trip next but the day prior and as many days leading up to that day I will immerse myself in bliss.

Everything I see I will attempt to see as whole and good, no matter what it is. I will smile all day. I will only think good thoughts, and bad thoughts will become silly and funny. It will not be forced, which is very hard to do, but I will do it none the less!

The day after this I will trip and I will see if the extreme positive building will have any extreme carry over into the next day.

Shall be a blast!

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
I just found a bunch of inspiration in the song Row Jimmy, by the grateful dead.

It reminded me to not let my thoughts end on a bad note. To make sure i finish strong and not let the world get me down or let myself get the better of me!

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
IJesusChrist a dit:
Going to do another psychological experiment. This time on myself!

I do not know when I will trip next but the day prior and as many days leading up to that day I will immerse myself in bliss.

Everything I see I will attempt to see as whole and good, no matter what it is. I will smile all day. I will only think good thoughts, and bad thoughts will become silly and funny. It will not be forced, which is very hard to do, but I will do it none the less!

The day after this I will trip and I will see if the extreme positive building will have any extreme carry over into the next day.

Shall be a blast!

Why are you doing this though. Just to have a little fun, or is this part of pursuing your own spiritual journey? It is very good to see the beauty in living, but never forget that man's balance is threatened (don't know by who or what exactly, yet), and is very, well, unstable. Never forget your duty, which is to work to try to keep the balance of things on this planet. 100% happy is never 100% honest reality.

Still though, enjoy your trip, thanks for sharing with us.

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
People have different goals with their trips and, indeed, with their whole journeys. All we can do is sit back, respect it, and offer consolation when extreme happiness leads to bad trips ;)

Nah, jk. It's an interesting thought, Jeebus. I've had similar trips, although before which I've been smiling genuinely, and not planned at all. If you can muster the "good" without forcing it, I can definately see potential in it (although, there's potential in any trip, so :rolleyes: ) If you could learn how to do it in any day, every day (mother knows i'm trying!), there wouldn't be much need for a trip, huh?

Chong: Man, I feel good man. Like, really good, man. Makes me want to get high, man!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
interesting responses.!

I'm doing it because I've never had euphoria in a trip, other than 15 minutes of hyperspace. I've longed for it and I know it is there.

I simply had a revelation, and epiphany the other day while I was walking along. I don't remember it exactly, but it was very clear to me that I can do this, and that the results will be an "absolute" good, I guess - more so than just happy thoughts.

There is a very odd way to be happy without forcing it. It isn't straight forward and I don't think it can be taught, but I've approached it before and its very nice to know that it is possible.

I of course understand the balance. What goes up must come down. Although I think the saying is more useful in the reversed scenario :roll: :D

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
What I've found to lie close to "happy" is actually just an indifference to Human emotion, but with a smile (like, Buddha-nature-smile). I practice this all the time that I am mindful of myself (or when I'm smoked up, heh. Instant dhyana, there!)

You say you've never experienced euphoria/ecstacy? Hmm, interesting. I've only had it once, twice, during trips, and one of those times was post ego-death. The sheer notion of knowledge that then is accessible (Godhead/dharma-body/akashic records, I'm not sure!) came to me and could instigate nothing but fear (petty, petty ego-related feeling, that is) or fundamental ecstacy.

Have you ever done mdma?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
KrispedKritter a dit:
Have you ever done mdma?

Nope! Want to. Probably pewp my pants though

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think for a whole day it could be possible. 2 days in a row is pushing it though.

Hence! Experiment!

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
For a day, sure, it should be possible. Interesting, nevertheless :D
I haven't done mdma myself, but people seem to dig it. I asked a fellow head (seems like he's lost his way lately, though, but maybe it's just me) whether the "ecstacy" mdma produces is as Fatebound (if you catch my drift...) as the ecstacies of high dose psychedelics. Nope.

The vibe I've gotten from it, from being close to Xd people on rave parties and other hang-outs (mostly while smoking grass/tripping acid) is that it's good and fun, but that's it. Good can be good, though, no doubt ..

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i ask myself whether real happiness is possible for happiness machines.
besides i am actually convinced that happiness all the time is possible.
the question here would be: what do you base your happiness on or
what do you make it dependant on??
if your happiness is not conditioned like that, why should it have limits?

however i guess i also see the risk of denying reality as it is or so...
anyway i think what this would be called is the "joy of being", which becomes
clouded if you identify yourself only with the transient appearances of
your mind and your body..

beware of seeing everything just as one-sided and ignoring the other side.
that can easily lead to inner conflict. and once it's an inner conflict it can
manifest in the outer world, too...

one more thing: maybe it can be counterproductive to "plan to be blissful"
in the sense of putting yourself under pressure and especially with this
feeling it's probably a not very intelligent thing to do, well of course also
dependant on how well you know yourself etc etc...
in my opinion, bliss is in most cases not as beautiful when it's planned
for the lack of natural unfoldment or so...

peace

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BrainEater a dit:
one more thing: maybe it can be counterproductive to "plan to be blissful"
in the sense of putting yourself under pressure
peace

Will be interesting to see if this holds true or not. I'm slowly working my way up to this, I don't think I could just straight up be grinning all day at the drop of a dime..

OR CAN I!? :D :D

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Interesting. See if you can locate a 45 year old book called 'Programming and Meta-programming in the human bio-computer' by John C. Lilly.

It is exactly what you are looking for, he is the bomb.

:wink:

probably the most famous quote from the book;

In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
what confuses me are the multiple definitions of happiness, you can feel happy just for the sake of it, but sometimes it seems to me that happiness is not caused by achieving some desired state or result, but by lack of depressing influences which i is afraid of. from this point of view trying to be happy is kind of a catch 22 because i must ignore/avoid the negative stimuli. it is still present but not accepted, so it will probably blow in my face. there is this model i read about where you manifest reality by giving energy to the ideas, all feelings, good or bad, are as a stream of energy that give form to ideas they are focused on. the goal should be the idea of a happiness in acceptance of all things i guess.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Happiness is an abstraction, like the word 'love' ......or 'patriotic'......it means different things to most people.

I am not sure how much acceptance most human beings are willing to indulge, we spend most of our time doing the opposite; attempting to (and succeeding in) control(ling) others and modify our surroundings.

If you havent read up on zen, Alan Watts is the man. 'Way of Zen' changed the way I look at reality.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
who he was;

from wiki- "He published 19 books in all, including The Center of the Cyclone, which describes his own LSD experiences, and Man and Dolphin and The Mind of the Dolphin which describe his work with dolphins.

In the 1980s he directed a project which attempted to teach dolphins a computer-synthesised language. Lilly designed a future "communications laboratory" that would be a floating living room where humans and dolphins could chat as equals and where they would develop a common language.

He envisioned a time when all killing of whales and dolphins would cease, "not from a law being passed, but from each human understanding innately that these are ancient, sentient earth residents, with tremendous intelligence and enormous life force. Not someone to kill, but someone to learn from."

he was a hell of a guy, if you want some good reading check out his books about his work with dolphins, he even did LSD with a couple of his 'best' student-teachers..... (yes, dolphins)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Lilly