Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

New to Psychonaut (obviously) - introduction.

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Hello, I'm (obviously) new here and I figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm more interested in entheogens and ethnobotanicals (stuff like kratom, kava kava, blue lotus) than psychedelics, but haven't found too many sites where people speak openly about legal drug use, and after some searching, I found Psychonaut and was happy to join the community, so....hello, everyone! :)

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Thanks, I'm excited to be here. :D

Haven't tried anything yet aside from tobacco and alcohol, but I'm delving into the world of entheogens very soon!! :wink:

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
have fun experimenting :D

and be welcome to the community

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Black_Parasol a dit:
I'm more interested in entheogens than psychedelics

Hey there!

What do you consider entheogens and what do you consider psychedelics? I use them interchangably, so that's why I ask.

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Ganesha a dit:
Black_Parasol a dit:
I'm more interested in entheogens than psychedelics

Hey there!

What do you consider entheogens and what do you consider psychedelics? I use them interchangably, so that's why I ask.

I have no experience with psychedelics or entheogens....yet. :wink: One of the reasons I joined Psychonaut is because I've recently taken a huge interest in legal mind-altering plants and intend to try a few things soon (the first thing I'm going to try is kratom, which is obviously not a psychedelic :p ).

My fiance and I also intend to try salvia, however, and I've read a lot about it and consider myself knowledgeable enough to make an opinion on it....being that I'm not very spiritual, I would consider it a psychedelic, as I would any other hallucinogenic/deliriant/dissociative substance. Then again, of course, I haven't yet experienced the effects of any psychedelic substance, so my opinion could easily change! :D

At the time of my previous post, I thought that entheogen was a broader term that meant any natural, highly mind-altering substance... :oops: I've learned the correct definition of it, though, and if I have an entheogenic experience, I'll definitely post it here. :)

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
I'm looking forward to reading about your first experience. Mine certainly was life-altering.

I think technically that psychedelic and entheogen are overlapping terms. Entheogen is a rather new term, designed to take away the negative connotation people have with psychedelic. It does, however, tend to mean more the natural substances, although I would consider LSD and some synthetic phenethylamines quite entheogenic.

For me the classic examples of both terms are LSD, mushrooms, peyote and ayahuasca.

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Ganesha a dit:
I'm looking forward to reading about your first experience. Mine certainly was life-altering.

I think technically that psychedelic and entheogen are overlapping terms. Entheogen is a rather new term, designed to take away the negative connotation people have with psychedelic. It does, however, tend to mean more the natural substances, although I would consider LSD and some synthetic phenethylamines quite entheogenic.

For me the classic examples of both terms are LSD, mushrooms, peyote and ayahuasca.

I was actually reading about ayahuasca the other day (I read a lot), and I have to ask, is it difficult to make? I can't remember any of the ingredients at the moment, but I'd definitely be interested in trying it if I could be certain I won't screw it up, haha. :p

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
It basically consists of simmering leafs and bark (or other ingredients that are available locally) for hours on end.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
hi and welcome.

look forward to the salvia report

:)