Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I would probably bake and eat. Is the baking required for smoking too? Or is the whole point of flaming them going to do the same as baking? I was going to take the ones I/we identified of the original batch and just crush them up and smoke them. Check em for anything funky first of course. Then when the new ones come check them thuroughly. Probably follow your advice on baking. How long do you bake them for and at what temperature? I'll have to do that after my mom leaves on the 4th and my dad's at work for a long day or something.

Thanks as always. Kinda feel bad just relyin on you but it looks like the forum evaporated again or something lol. Very strange. :P

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Actually I just thought to ask. Does smoking like baking ensure the destruction of the harmfull fungi and just leave the muscaria? Cuz then I could smoke some of the other 'muscaria' that came with the original package and use it as a light enjoyment experience. Or am I really better off just throwing out anything that isnt clearly a red cap with white spots and not even trying to smoke it.

The original pack I bought was like 15$US for 1oz. The new is 30$US for 1oz. We'll see the quality when it gets here. I like the baking idea if I can figure out how to do it without burning them up.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Company says the light orangish ones are Latvian Amanita Muscaria. I am asking them to identify the red with black and see if maybe thats the red caps with burn marks or something else.

I saw orangish and then I saw light brownish. I guess the light brownish could be orangish to their eyes so I am going to believe all of those are latvian amanita muscaria. I cant see them screwing up that bad and sending people totally wrong mushrooms especially deadly ones since it seems to be that their personal views are consuming just they have to cover their arses with the legal/danger side of it lol.

rockinsoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Avr 2011
How do you resize pictures so they fit on one page like the one above? I have posted a couple of pics too and they are huge like the ones at the top...

rockinsoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Avr 2011
Definitely fly agarics, and fine specimens too :D

rockinsoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Avr 2011
The pics are no longer available. But most cameras have a micro/macro button that switches between the flower icon (for extreme close up) and the mountain icon (for normal to far away pictures.) Hope that helps, if you haven't sussed it already, this post was over a year ago lol

dan1el

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Juin 2011
I found some shrooms (will get pics asap, if someone doesn't ID them as poisonous):

. Growing off a small, semi-freshly-cut stump (wasn't dry, nor "powdery"), along the border-fences of someone's farmlands.

.Looked sort of like "trumpets" at full maturity (but the less mature one next to it isn't dimpled at all), because they have an inverse dimple, that appears as though it goes sort of like 1-1/2cm within.

.The gills are a lightish brown (just about a mikly coffee + slightly yellowish) color.

.Neither hued blue when pressed, but I know that some psilocybin shrooms do not

.The shroom is about 1 1/2 inches tall, and about 1 1/4 cm fat at the base, it slims down to about 1 cm in the middle, and then extends to the "trumpet" top (is this just because it was out in the sun?)

dan1el

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Juin 2011
I registered at the site you told me allusion, but until I'm activated, I'll make a quick post here...

dan1el

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Juin 2011
Voir la pièce jointe 5065Is this a pan cinct, possibly?

I have a photo with which to compare it to (got it off shromery.org), of what a pan cinct is supposed to look like; but I'm still not sure... because some of the pan cincts' stems look substantially thicker than the stems of the ones I have.

flcl

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
7 Mar 2010
Hi, I come from the Italian section and look for an opinion even in your English section (most popular). I collected 2 Amanita, does anyone know if they are Pantherina?
Sorry for my very bad English

Each response will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Below, pictures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
Im not sure exactly what strain it is, I believe it to be same as the common inactive mushrooms i find in local fields. That was a quarter you had in the picture with it right? It seemed to me that the caps where quite a bit larger than the coin, for one thing generally most active pans are usually no bigger than a quarter, The most common larger psilocybin mushrooms are cubensis, which that is def not. But I didnt see ANY blueing to the broken areas, do you? and the sporeprint looked to me to be a dark brown? If you are hoping this to be a psilocybin (psychedelic/magic) mushroom, sorry it def is not. I dont belive it is poisonous, but dont try and eat it anyway unless you get a 100% id (and are really hungery cuz al it would be good for is food) But general the kind i think you are looking for, the soreprint is more like black ink, and any broken damaged areas of the mushroom you will see slight to extreme blueing on the broken or bruised areas. I used to find those same types myself many years ago hoping they were somthing they were not. But yeah go to shroomery with those pics and someone will be able to tell you the specific type it is, and when you post include in your descrip what color to you that the spore print seems to be, where you found it, what was the weather like recently time of day enviroment, did you see ANY blueish color to it when damaged?
If you didnt notice any blue start to appear? That is the main indicator if you are hoping for psilocybin mushrooms, when psilocybin hits oxygen it turns blue due to oxidization, if you saw no such reaction then it is def not of that type. Hope this helps, sorry I cant give you an exact id tho. Peace.

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
Hmm, have you a spore print? if not if you still have it leave the cap on a sheet of paper overnight, would help to place a small bit of wieght on cap to press it firmly to paper, sporeprint is very, actually 1 of the most important part of mushroom id. If the sporeprint is anything other than white then it is not, but on the other hand if it is white, then it possibly could be.
But at first glance, I am inclined to say no, amanitas usually have smooth top with some spots on it, but the spots are part of the mycelium which can be wiped off the cap and cap will still be smooth, the spots on your appear to be concave, or either like something haas eaten into the cap. although I have never seen an amanita in person yet, only in pics and mushroom id guides. So i am be no means an expert on that. If you do come back with a white sporeprint post your pics at shroomery.org there will be someone there who is more experienced whith that genus than I am, and would definatly recoment you go there to verify, im sure you should have your answer prolly within an hour after posting pics there depending on the time of day.

( Appologies for recomending people to other sites instead of this one, It is just that i know there It will be much easier to obtain a positive id, which is very important cuz eating the wrong type of amanita can be or is deadly.)

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
ratbee a dit:
I live in the southeast US and I found this and few others growing in a field where donkeys are kept. They were near but not in/on an old pile of sheet. This one seemed to bruise yellowish not blue so....?

Ok the top pic is similar to what a cube would look like except the bottom side of the cap the gills would be a darker color anywhere from a dark brown looking color to a dark purlple/midnight blue to blackish shade, Also the top side of the cap would be a bit browner b4 fully opening the caps are rounded somehwat with a dark reddish brown color, your where far to light a shade on tope to be cubess. and ya damaged or bruised area will get a blue inkish shade to them.
And if your finding them in a field, unless it has been really humid and/or a somewhat rainey week, and unless you see lots of other mushrooms around also that look somewhat new to really fresh its highly unlikely your gonna find any Cubenis (cuz by the time the fruiting conditions have been met long enough for them to fruit there are many other mushrooms that will have fruited already, that fruit more easily under the same/similar conditions. But the best places to look are shady areas in cow patures where the cows like to chill out in the shade, especially if theres lots of hay around the area and cow manure, and has to be an area that stays relativly damp all the time, cuz if mushroom mycelium dies out b4 fruiting it takes weeks to regen. Basicaly look in the darkest, wettest, shittiest place.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
agreed with lysergamide. i hate to say it but mycotopia or shroomery are better for giving positive id's. don't get me wrong, i know what a psilocybe looks like, but their knowledge is more extensive for fungi all around, not just psychdelics...

i welcome any inquiries into growing though :D

Mezmerik

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2011
Spent an hour or so walking around a park in Seattle in search of some magic mushrooms. Found a big cluster of them at the bottom of a slope. They don't bruise blue--does that automatically mean they are not psychedelic?

5tr4t0

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Août 2009
Without any picture, no one can say.