Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

my first experience with amanita muscaria

arkanoydz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Sept 2012
so this past august went to the lovely countryside by the sea, and consumed 10g of dried amanita muscaria
purchased at a smartshop.

(20g package; we were 2 people so 10g per person).
Placed the contents in hot water for 10 minutes as per instructions.
Drank the infusion, then ate the contents.

nothing happened. has this happened to anyone else?

It was my first attempt with A.Muscaria (I've gone mushroom picking in Somerset, tried Hawaiian, Mexican, Thai, etc)
and I was expecting a rather 'pronounced' experience but was very disappointed that absolutely nothing happened.

i do believe the saying that sometimes, the plant/mushroom/entheogen/etc decides, not the usre... but was disappointed nonetheless ;)

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Iv always herd amanita muscaria was a vary different less crazy tripp and a lot weaker then most actives. I have no idea so ill ask ( are magic truffles better then A musc? )

arkanoydz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Sept 2012
I've tried truffles in Amsterdam and I have to say they were very similar to psilocybin, if not the same.
Consumed them in a tea, then ate the chunks. Clean, visionary, insightful :)

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I'll have to give um a try then :) and tea sounds perfect right meow. I'm Sry for your situation and not having a tripp on the a musc. But better luck to ya.

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Just to clear this up a bit; Amanita muscaria contains muscimol/ibotenic acid, completely different psychoactive compounds to psilocybin containing fungi. Ibotenic acid is converted into muscimol with heating/drying/boiling, and muscimol acts as a GABA agonist, while psilocybin is a serotonergic psychedelic. The dissociative/deliriant effects of muscimol are quite unique and distinct from a psilocybin experience, so don’t expect to have a similar trip to consuming P.cubensis or paneolus/coplandia species. ‘Truffles’ by the way are the mycelial sclerotia of psilocybe tampanensis and contain psilocybin/psilocin like most other commonly consumed psychedelic fungi.

Also, Amanitas potency varies widely between harvests year to year, location to location, and mushroom to mushroom. I would imagine store bought amanita to not only be subject to this variability but also more likely to be less potent than wild picked mushrooms. If you are interested enough to want to pursue them further, I would suggest finding someone who knows where to hunt for them and who has consumed them from known locations numerous times over years. Alternatively, if such a mentor is not available, tentatively investigate this for yourself; do some research on correct identification and find/pick some in the wild. When done correctly the experience is definitely worthwhile, yet few stick with it long enough to get consistent and rewarding results.

Boiling for 10 minutes is certainly not long enough. I have chimed in with a preparation guideline before on psychonaut, but for posterity I will quickly outline it again:

• Once you have your mushrooms (preferably fresh picked) remove stem and gills.
  • Dry the cap in an oven/dehydrator or in the sun until completely desiccated (moisture free). They are extremely hygroscopic (absorb moisture from the air) so leaving them in open conditions without desiccation (ie. silica gel) will cause them to reabsorb water.
  • Once completely dry, powder the caps in a grinder. Homogenize this powder form all the caps.
  • Place the desired gram weight of powder for a dose (which will vary depending on potency and individual sensitivity/body weight) in a pot with enough water to compensate for evaporation while cooking
  • Lightly boil this (simmering strongly, not a 'rolling boil') for at least 30 minutes to an hour
  • Decant the broth through a cloth filter to remove the sediment. You can then use coffee filters for an even finer filtration, although this will take time and careful attention as the sediment clogs the filter.
  • Let cool and drink, or put in fridge for later.
  • Can be mixed with juice or other liquid to make more palatable, tomato or vegetable juice works well I have heard. The muscimol is an even more powerful flavor enhancer than MSG and will mean the tea tastes like pure 'umami' flavor (look up the five essential tastes on Wikipedia)
  • Sit back in a quiet, safe place with a sitter and ride it out.

Combining amanitas with other substances can make for an extremely powerful experience.

Beware, this stuff is not for the faint of heart or the weak willed. They require a lasting relationship to gain their full benefit.

Good luck :)

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I should also note that if you have epilepsy or any neurological disorder that you avoid this mushroom (and probably most other psychoactives for that matter)

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
I've heard Amanita Muscaria can be rolled with tobacco and smoked as well. What are the effects when smoked? How long does the high last?

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Muscimol is the psychoactive compound responsible for the effects of Amanita muscaria intoxication. Ibotenic acid, a neurotoxic secondary metabolite of Amanita muscaria, serves as a prodrug to muscimol when the mushroom is ingested or dried, converting to muscimol via decarboxylation.

From - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

These mushrooms are usually eaten (and are said to taste fine), but people have for some reason tried to smoke them. This is minimally effective. If you want to try, use the skin, which is the most active portion. If you boil them, you may have to drink a lot of broth into which the active principles have leached. They are said to be of slightly decreased effectiveness when dried, particularly after more than a few months. As smoking presumably pyrolyzes the stuff, don't dry it at outrageous temperatures, or pan-blacken it. :)

From - https://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info4.shtml

sinke

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2013
buffachino a dit:
I should also note that if you have epilepsy or any neurological disorder that you avoid this mushroom (and probably most other psychoactives for that matter)

why do you think that? is it your personal experience?