Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

My first "bad" trip

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
I got to be honest I never have had a trip go wrong. But the other day I learned that if you do it enough its gunna happen. I was on 4 hits of lucy, the first 6hours was beyond awesome. Unfortunately that morning my mother had attained a emu egg from a friend. It was the only meal i had that day.

Anyways, 6 hours into my trip I started to get sick. I started to get all caught up in my head with bad thoughts goin a mile a minute. My trip went from badass to hell, vomiting, headache, the muscles in my body and face seemed to scream and ache. So, like any sensible person i called my mom and she came home, I told her the emu egg gave me food poisoning. And like any mother, she did her thing.

After that the rest of my trip was fine, I achieved mental stability with the comfort of nowing my mother was near. Just had to deal with a very unpleasant body load, and stomach ache. I got a soothing wet towel facial massage, and back rub and was baby sat.

To be honest this trip was just physically demanding.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Did the bodily sensations make you feel scared, or was it mainly a physically uncomfortable feeling? Good to hear your mom was there for you. Must remember: no Emu eggs before acid.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
well it was scary for a bit, but being experienced i knew that there was something other than the acid playing with me. so i immediately knew that i was in for a hard time, and decided it was best if i just spent the rest of the trip in the comfort and safety of my bed.

I was wondering if anyone knows of this happening to someone. Falling ill in the middle of a trip.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah, this sounds exactly like my LSA trip a few weeks ago. Stupid enough to just chew enough seeds to get the negative feelings of stomach ache and such, but without much tripage.

I just felt like I wanted to puke everything out, every bit of anything in my whole body I wanted OUT. NOW. So basically I did, unfortunately the feeling only went away while iw as vomiting, and came right back nearly after. Yeah, unfortunately the bad thoughts usually come with the physical bad feelings too, just makes for a fun ride looking back, but while you're in it, it's hell.

(I also just chilled with my mom) I told her I was food poisoned, then I told her I had taken some seeds to get high. She was pissed and didn't want to help. I just sat and watched TV with her, tried to sleep but was like half a mushroom trip, with pure sickness.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
The only time thus far I tried LSD (2 hits) was intense (and I decided to go at it alone), but the entire time I never felt that great. It was like a sick-ish feeling, not that I wanted to vomit, but I just didn't feel very good. I don't know if being on acid is always like that or not, I sure hope not because it was not comfortable, it just beared with it the whole day.

The trip wasn't a bad or good one, there was simply too much going back and forth to enjoy it whole lot, I would get overwhelmed by each current emotion. The being terrified (to a point, I knew what was happening down to the science, but that doesn't make it any easier to go through) part with intense visual only lasted for about two hours after the effects started, came in waves.

I soon realized that it was up to me to stay as positive as possible, because everything could change so fast if I didn't. Anyway, it wasn't a bad trip, but there was huge potential for it to be, I hope next time goes a little smoother. I just think 2 tabs was too much for a first time out myself.

Here's a mock-up I did of one of the visualsations I got during the first hour of tripping.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/ ... sfinal.jpg

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I just think 2 tabs was too much for a first time out myself.

Hehehe, well i guess... Since i already freaked out at 1 tab ;) But i never felt sick on any of my experiences on entheogens. Bad trips are very often occuring when i trip, sometimes because i just start to confront myself or other times because i get aware of something that scares the hell out of me. But to be honest, i like to confront myself while tripping. Not that i am always consciously seeking for bad thoughts, but more because i don't really mind that some negativity passes by to seek me for some attention. If it happens, it's always fear and terror, but almost every time i come down, i feel a great again. I also feel myself relieved and always feel connected and grounded with earth. Sometimes the next day, i am still a little bit shocked or amazed about what the hell did happen, but every time i am feeling greater afterwards.

I guess it's my personality that's connected a little to much with my emotions. I would call myself highly sensitive, and often my emotions control the world, which can be good and also often bad. So entheogens are the perfect way of looking at myself and find out for example how emotions work with me. I always where used to take my emotions to personal, but thanks to a mushroom experience not long ago, i did realize that i don't had to look at them in that way. The emotions where just trying to communicate with me and did try to guide me trough my life as long as i am listening to them. They didn't like to be ignored :) So i still feel the same strong emotions everyday, but i just try to get the message and also feel the pain if it's needed. The new perspective give me also a bunch of other insides. But brb, little oftopic :p It's 4:37, i couldn't sleep ;)

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
RushNerd a dit:
The trip wasn't a bad or good one, there was simply too much going back and forth to enjoy it whole lot, I would get overwhelmed by each current emotion. The being terrified (to a point, I knew what was happening down to the science, but that doesn't make it any easier to go through) part with intense visual only lasted for about two hours after the effects started, came in waves.

I soon realized that it was up to me to stay as positive as possible, because everything could change so fast if I didn't. Anyway, it wasn't a bad trip, but there was huge potential for it to be, I hope next time goes a little smoother. I just think 2 tabs was too much for a first time out myself.
Yep, 2 tabs is way too much for the 1st time. I think doing acid involves good & bad thoughts both. No trip can be 100% good. I've never had a sick feeling physically though.

mysticwarrior a dit:
Bad trips are very often occuring when i trip, sometimes because i just start to confront myself or other times because i get aware of something that scares the hell out of me.
Yep.... =)

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Even on 500 ug liquid I experienced relatively a calm trip. It was divinity. I have done acid about 12 times since 2006 and all of the trips were pleasant from the start till the very last end.

How different this is with mushrooms, I have 'crashed' 2 times on theme, trying to comfort myself for hours (which felt like a day almost) with breaths and sitting/laying in certain positions in my room attempting to diminish the belief of not making it through alive. And multiple trips with temporarly phases in where I felt I almost couldn't take it anymore.

But everytime I made it through (uh huh) and those afterglows were magnificent. Crying euphoria for being one out of all those semen with a potential consciousness who never made it as a growing tissue in a uterus. Everytime I masturbate I realise that there are a millions of potential unique ones... we born humans in a group of 5 billion forget to nourish what we have by just breathing oxygen...

Mushrooms are inducing the states of a true shaman. Acid wraps one into a bright capsule at a colourful funfair.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I've never felt sick taking acid. I've only seen people get sick taking research chemicals sold as acid. I generally find the actual body high of lsd quite sensual and pleasant.

Actually check that. I did feel pretty lousy once when I took acid.. I once ate a bit of hash and a couple hours later had the brilliant idea of dropping acid. (Yeah, that wasn't all that brilliant a thing to do.) Well it seemed like a good idea at the time..

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
I might mention another thing, When I did do acid that one time, it took also took me an hour and 1/2 to actually come up and notice any effects (though they came on strong and fast after that). I took the 2nd tab after an hour 10minutes cause I thought it was weak acid. Also the trip lasted the entire 16 hours I was awake that day, the intense part was only for 3-5 hours but it didn't completely stop till I woke up the next day.

That morning was by far the best afterglow i've ever experienced how ever. everything especially nature was so beautiful and I could appreciate it all over again. In ia way it was like a rebirth, I was able to see everything the way someone would if they had been given a 2nd chance at life or maybe seen earth for the first time. Truly amazing. It will also be truly amazing if I can find any LSD again :p

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
That does indeed sound like acid. I've never gotten the nausea you describe, but then again I never get sick from mushrooms either and some people seem to always get a few moments of cramps or nausea at some point during the trip. It's hard to pinpoint what made you feel ill, it could be so many factors.

And yeah, I love the afterglow and feeling of rebirth. Been too long since I had a good mind-blowing trip on lucy.. she's pretty rare in these parts! Someday I'm sure.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
A friend of mine ate pork last year @ Boom festival right before he did acid and he felt so guilty and felt the presence of the pig in his stomache that he turned vegitarian after it :p

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
Brugmansia a dit:
How different this is with mushrooms, I have 'crashed' 2 times on theme, trying to comfort myself for hours (which felt like a day almost) with breaths and sitting/laying in certain positions in my room attempting to diminish the belief of not making it through alive. And multiple trips with temporarly phases in where I felt I almost couldn't take it anymore.

But everytime I made it through (uh huh) and those afterglows were magnificent.

Maybe your mushroom dose was massive.

Oh yeah, the lsd afterglow rocks... =)
Its so much fun to smoke joints in place with a lovely view.

R

Ritalin

Invité
After all amazing experiences with mushrooms, I had a very heavy dose with my dad and a few friends. I was kinda sick and ended up throwing up (at someone else camp) after about an hour, and my dad and I decided we needed to be at our camp. While walking back my dad had to stop and lay down several times and during the last time right before we got to our camp, he mentioned feeling like he was having a heart attack. I got him into his tent with a bottle of water, and laid down in my tent with my head phones. I spent the next 45 minutes or so (Just a guess based on other peoples events of the day) dwelling on the idea of my dad dying and having to tell my mom about it. I spent a lot of time thinking about the idea of a bad trip, and even found myself thinking (I took a drug, the effects will pass) which is something I trained my self to do. It was pretty awful. Hard to describe, but very scary place to be in. Eventually the girl I was with came in the tent and I saw my dad in a chair, loving life. Once I knew he was ok, I felt a lot better and overall had a great experience. I'm glad I have experienced the negative side of psychedelics and I don't regret being there. But like you said, if you do them enough times, something bad is bound to happen. Getting sick, or somebody telling you bad news, or getting hurt can send you to a bad place. It is good to prepare yourself for it. Make sure your set and setting are solid, and if you have doubts about your ability to handle it for any reason, wait until you are in a better place. And bed is always the best place to be it you are having a hard time. Music with headphones can really help too.

innerCartoon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2009
alphasnail a dit:
Falling ill in the middle of a trip.

happend to me this summer. went out on a hot day with two friends and startet the trip in the evening. suddenly my body felt very strange and my thoughts also turned into hell. even the feeling of security with my friends couldn't help me. i had to vomit several times. my friend noticed that my whole body was shaking and that my skin was icecold. all three of us were not able to feel that the hot day turned surprisingly into a really cold night and i was dressed sparely. after they put me in some warm clothes, the horror had an end after several hours not realizing that i was completely undercooling.
tough trip, but i never enjoyed the rising sun tickling my body more than on that day!