Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Music that makes you trip

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
One particular number that did something OUTSTANDING for me was Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis.

This song turned out into an actual movie for me, sailing all around the world and finishing in the Universe.

Another that was TRULY mystical was Harmony of Swing by Fred Baker, Progressive.

not all songs of infected mushroom are dark

Eloborate dark.

I have always considered Infected as very profound, but sometimes, it's like there are added disturbting parts on purpose. Not confronting with fear, but like the sun never rises from behind the mountain at the end.

Though I like Arabian nights on Mescaline, Mushi Mushi, Bust a move, Hallucinogen(Gamma Goblins), LSD the most.

A website that you should while tripping is www.larrycarlson.com Fuck damn, that was just insane on shrooms tho. The mp3 section is quite vague too.

G

Invité
soknardalr a dit:
especially Haswell & Hecker with all of their visual and lighting effects, people were actually screaming for it to stop haha.

Damn, Haswell & Hecker...

I only have Russel Haswell's Satan's Tornade with Masami Akita, awesome stuff!
Warp 666 :twisted:

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
soknardalr a dit:
especially Haswell & Hecker with all of their visual and lighting effects, people were actually screaming for it to stop haha.

Damn, Haswell & Hecker...

I only have Russel Haswell's Satan's Tornade with Masami Akita, awesome stuff!
Warp 666 :twisted:

I don't own any of their material, its hard to come by here but their set at Frieze was amazing. They filled the room with smoke and projected graphics through it onto the back wall of the stage. They had speakers rigged up around the entire room bouncing sound off every wall from all possible angles and there was this super intense strobe light that went off at ramdom intervals. The whole thing was mind blowing. Certainly great music to trip too live.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
Boards of Canada is brilliant.
I like the organic sound, it's almost natural!
Giving birth is also natural so I don't see the problem :roll:

good for you.
and what if i don't like that feeling? was more of a gore feeling. I have nothing against pregnancy and giving birth but I sure as hell woudn't want to see my wife give birth to my kid when I'm tripping and even less if there were complications!
Don't act so tough, it's good you like it, but I don't enjoy it...

oh another band I have to mention is Genghis Tron, more a metal taste with good ambiant/atmos breaks but so accute and trippy it's damn good

I'll have to check out those noise bands, i like weird stuff

G

Invité
Thanks for this topic, it's just what I needed to begin to listen seriously to Venetian Snares, Hospitality and Rossz Csillag Alatt Szueletett ( Szamár Madár :shock: ) are really soooo beautiful...

I'll try to find Winter In The Belly Of A Snake, as I've heard it's also very beautiful...

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Hmmm Placebo while tripping....
I don't know if I would like his voice or hate it.

To be honest I dont like *any* music while tripping.
Though my life would be only have the fun w/o music :-)
The interesting thing: Placebo always puts me in a very trippy mode/mood, especially in the cold light of morning, black-eyed surrounded by space monkeys.
In other words: Placebo is trippy music what doesn't mean that it's really the best music while tripping.

regards,tl

Mr_Spider

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
A new find of mine..She's not new but I've just recently been turned on to her music. It's very beautiful stuff and definitely the kind of music that can create an auditory wonderland during a mellow and candle lit trip (or at least that'd be my preference):

Lisa Gerrard , Australian born singer most widely known from Dead Can Dance who has also done a lot of soundtrack work (i.e Gladiator) and her own solo work as well. I'm getting to know her music (she's been around since about 1980 or so) but some of it it is powerful trip music and for me at least it fits with my mushroom set and setting quite nicely. The album I'm listening to now is called "The Silver Tree". I believe it's her most recent release. It's full of haunting and ethereal vocals...It's got an even mix in terms of mood...about half of it "light"...half of it "dark", but only one track that I'd say is a bit too dark sounding for a mushie smile...might tend to make you visit the troll under the bridge for 6 or 7 minutes before soaring with angels again...
:D
It's not in English rather Latin perhaps or perhaps another language altogether...

She performed the most amazing vocals on Orbital's final track on their final album, "One Perfect Sunrise" which if you haven't listened to while peaking you must do soon. She also has done work with lots of solo artists...her voice is angelic. She did a track on "Blackhawk Down" titled "Gortoz A Ran - J'Attends" (French speaking psychonaut required for translation) with Hans Zimmer and Danez Prigent (male solo) that effected me deeply the first time I saw that movie. A very powerful, but profoundly sad song.

That's when I first heard her but it's only been since I ventured back into psychonautic realms that I've rediscovered the beauty in her voice. There is an amazing magic in a beautiful human voice..for me at least.

Funny how mushrooms can help you re-discover beauty eh? If you listen to her sing for a while...then go out and look for a picture of her...I'll bet you'll be surprised. Physical beauty is only skin deep; her music makes her beautiful in a whole different way. I mean, it's not that she's ugly...but to me I could pass her on the street without a second glance and never know that she had the voice of an angel...amazing eh? Although come to think of it, since my psychadelic sensibilities have been re-awoken, I'd probably sense the amazing energy radiating from her...

She's worth checking out in my opinion.

Official Site: http://www.lisagerrard.com/
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Gerrard

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
I must agree with Mr Spider ...
When this angel's voice is heard while tripping, it feels as though it is lifting your soul up out of your body ... no other way to describe it.
It's amazingly beautiful to hear on any occasion, but a particular treat while tripping on mushrooms, in a comfortable reclining position, low candle light ... a good sound system and an exceptional tripping partner are all icing on the cake :wink:

Mr_Spider

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
Why thank you Mz Fly...it's always nice to see your contribution to the forum...

Won't you come into my parlour?

:twisted:

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
why ... Mr Spider ... I'm on my way :D

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
usually its old sonic youth, the prayer chain, starflyer59, failure, radiohead, to something like cradle of filth, type o negative, emporer, mortiis. sometimes johnny cash, willie nelson, or waylen jennings. depending on what i'm on where i'm at, and of course who i'm with.

G

Invité
WaseFraKa a dit:
good for you.
and what if i don't like that feeling? was more of a gore feeling. I have nothing against pregnancy and giving birth but I sure as hell woudn't want to see my wife give birth to my kid when I'm tripping and even less if there were complications!
Don't act so tough, it's good you like it, but I don't enjoy it...

oh another band I have to mention is Genghis Tron, more a metal taste with good ambiant/atmos breaks but so accute and trippy it's damn good

I'll have to check out those noise bands, i like weird stuff

I'm sorry, after reading your post and my post again I've come to the conclusion I didn't react that good to your post, my apologies, but it's just that I could handle seeing my wife giving birth while tripping, because it's the most beautifull thing on earth. Seeing life spawn...

I actually saw a program on tv of women giving birth during a trip.
My friends we're having difficulties handling their trip, so they thought let's put on the tv for some distraction.
Bad idea, that program came on and 1 ran to the toilet, the other to the bathroom and they had to throw up so bad and the only thing I could do is sit there and watch and be in awe how totally profound it is to see life come to existence.

I don't see the blood, I see energy flowing freely and a little child is the most pure thing. Blood is just something that runs trough our vanes and makes life possible. It's just the association with it that's horrifying.

And ofcourse, during a trip, these things can be really heavy to handle.
I know how during tripping "normal things" can seem totally different or even scary, so I totally understand your point and these feelings/emotions/images aren't nice when you're tripping.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you in any way.
I know how Boards of Canada sound and even understand a big part of where the association came from.
I hope you won't ever experience something like that again.

And yeah, you should check out the weird stuff :mrgreen:

K

Kevin32

Invité
Check out some Grateful Dead. It's wierd because the instruments will wander from eachother, kinda like your thoughts would wonder, but once the taste is aquired, and the music figured, it all makes sense in a higher meaning. Just like thoughts while tripping.

http://ia301109.us.archive.org/3/items/ ... t7_vbr.mp3 (greatest story ever told)

http://ia301109.us.archive.org/3/items/ ... t6_vbr.mp3 (china cat sunflower -> I know you rider)

http://ia301139.us.archive.org/1/items/ ... 03_vbr.mp3 (dark star)

These are legal songs found on archive.org, all Grateful Dead live recordings are legal for sharing. I suggested listening to it while tripping instead of to trip, but would work either way I guess. Enjoy!

H

Herbalist

Invité
Modest Mouse's old stuff is perfect for any diphenhydramine or dramamine or dissociative trips. It helps you look into yourself.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
For shroom trips, Shpongle is just OUT OF THIS WORLD!
It's great sober, but when you're on shrooms you'll realize that alien superpowers must have made this to take you into another world of understanding. Shpongle is just supernatural!

Other than that I love the old Pink Floyd (Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Saucerful of Secrets) and most of Zion Train