Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Music that makes you trip

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I was just wondering what music you like to listen to when ur on mush, acid, MDMA or any other drug?

Personally I love listening to Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection, this music makes me trip as hell, I just love it!!!!

G

Invité
Well, I love the IM and AP, and I also enjoy Shpongle...

Though the best trippin' music is still Pink Floyd IMHO... :D

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
I prefer Spongle over the two others...I don't like when the beat is too hard (ala AP....) well it sure depends on the mood and everything, but i think i have a preference for more atmospheric stuff
Shulman is great too, juno Reactor can be nice, Star Sounds Orchestra, Ten Madison,
Pink Flloyd sure is amazing, they were some crazy guys!

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Most of the times I find music of sphongle or any psychedelic trance to wild and dark, I prefer reggae dub music while trippin, like Alpha & Omega, Augustus Pablo, Sly & Robbie, Lee 'sratch' Perry, Scientist, Mad Professor and Dub Syndicate, I often choose numbers that have little to no voices (instrumental) and lot's of sound effects. For me it work best if the music relaxing but also a little happy.

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
not all songs of infected mushroom are dark... for example, dancing with kadafi send you high in the sky dance with kadafi in the rainbows with all the birds... :paranoid:

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
My all-time favorite song is Hallucinogen - The Herb Garden. I also love shpongle. I listened to a track by Cinema Strange that was so good it gave me a psychical panic attack and yelled turn it off hehe.

Gilligan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Déc 2006
I'm a big fan of Mogwai, a British space rock group. Other tripping favorites are Sigur Ros, Groove Armada, and any classical music I can get my hands on :D

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
If I feel like I wanna something fast the choise is Filteria. Or Hallucinogen.

But mostly I like slower music like dub, post-rock lately (Red Sparowes, Explosions in the sky). You also can't go wrong with The Doors.

There were times when I liked tripping while listening to some sludge/drown. But I am a happier person now...

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
Hmm i sense there is some need for some refreshment in the music selection here! You all should try the chillout style and definitly of a master craftsman as DJ River.
I'm not trying to convince anyone here and hope not being arrogant, but if you feel like you're not on the top of the world qua music listening you should download it!
It's also free but if you think this man deserves appreciation, well you know what to do :)

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
just wanted to add that late 19th-early 20th century music is also amazing on psychedelics.
Try some Bruckner, Debussy, Bartok...amazing I tell you ;o)

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
I love all kinds of music,
every kind of music brings his own vibe to the trip.
but prefer crazy Electro sounds like Daft punk, aphex twins, les rythmes digitales.

but jazz is also very relaxin if your trippin your ass of :p

G

Invité
Kingetjuh a dit:
Hmm i sense there is some need for some refreshment in the music selection here! You all should try the chillout style and definitly of a master craftsman as DJ River.
I'm not trying to convince anyone here and hope not being arrogant, but if you feel like you're not on the top of the world qua music listening you should download it!
It's also free but if you think this man deserves appreciation, well you know what to do :)

I don't think mixing a single ambient track in a whole mix of those 13 in a dozen chill out/beach house tracks is that refreshing, but that's just my opinion.
(sorry, didn't want to sound too much like an asshole, but I'm one of those on top of the music scene kinda guys... I'm sure chillout can be nice, but I think it's pretentious crap just like those €45,- Buddha bar cd's people buy because they wanna be hip, not because the music is that interresting.
But ok, everyone his own style.)

As far as my tripping music goes:
Amon Tobin, Steve Roach, Robert Rich, Venetian Snares, 65 days of static, Mars volta, Aglaia, Boards of Canada, Hecq, Mokira, Pink Floyd, Silver Apples, Juno Reactor, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Robert Henke, Klaus Schulze, Hanne Hukkelberg, Isan, FS Blumm, B. Fleischmann, Explosions in the Sky, Aphex Twin, Kettel, John Zorn, Thelonious Monk, Maryanne Amacher, Cracow Klezmer Band etc etc etc

I listen to way to much music to put it into 1 message :D

From beautiful and minimal, to dark and hard.

Psytrance is also nice, but I'm totally fucking sick of it.
Just like Sphongle & Younger Brother. Heard those ones way to often.
A friend who I used to trip with always says the only music he can handle while tripping is psytrance and he's supossed to be the experienced one :?

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
I listened to Boards of Canada once while tripping, it was horrible. Like organic music i thought it was someone giving birth, full of blood and things....... I didn't really like it before but after that it has really turned me off hehe

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
Normally I would listen to The Doors, particularly The End which produced some great effects when I first smoked Salvia. I also like to listen to Pink Floyd or Jefferson Airplane for use with psychedelics. If I feel in the right frame of mind, then I will be a bit more adventurous and listen to contemporary noise/drone such as Sunn O))), Earth, Merzbow, Boris etc.

G

Invité
soknardalr a dit:
If I feel in the right frame of mind, then I will be a bit more adventurous and listen to contemporary noise/drone such as Sunn O))), Earth, Merzbow, Boris etc.
Mad respect bruv' :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Boards of Canada is brilliant.
I like the organic sound, it's almost natural!
Giving birth is also natural so I don't see the problem :roll:

G

Invité
Hmmm Placebo while tripping....

I don't know if I would like his voice or hate it.

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
soknardalr a dit:
If I feel in the right frame of mind, then I will be a bit more adventurous and listen to contemporary noise/drone such as Sunn O))), Earth, Merzbow, Boris etc.
Mad respect bruv' :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Good to see I'm not the only one who appreciates drone and noise. I've seen Sunn O))) twice here in the UK once with Earth supporting, awesome atmosphere, specially for psychedelic experiences.

G

Invité
The weird thing is no-one understands what's so great about noise(/drones), but I love 'em.

But ofcourse everybody thinks I'm a freak :mrgreen:

But damn, seeing Sunn-O is fucking awesome.
I've been to them one time, but a friend of mine saw them 5 times in a week!

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
The weird thing is no-one understands what's so great about noise(/drones), but I love 'em.

But ofcourse everybody thinks I'm a freak :mrgreen:

But damn, seeing Sunn-O is fucking awesome.
I've been to them one time, but a friend of mine saw them 5 times in a week!

Five times in a week!? Damn, that must have been one mad week!

Noise is awesome stuff, I went to the Frieze Music Festival in London last year, the atmosphere was awesome, nearly everyone was on some kind of drug and bands blew my mind especially Haswell & Hecker with all of their visual and lighting effects, people were actually screaming for it to stop haha.